Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: R/R Broken fuel inlet on 3 Cyl Merc 75 HP

R/R Broken fuel inlet on 3 Cyl Merc 75 HP 4 years 8 months ago #140643

Me again with my carb repair. I pulled the carb without any difficulty. However, believing the fuel inlet fixture to be threaded, I tried to remove it and broke it off leaving the press-in stem portion in the carb body. MarineEngine.com could offer no suggestions other than replacing the carb. I'm not adverse to that, but I'd rather not have to pay $250 to do so. I've found many used carbs that appear very similar to mine, but none that match it. The id number stamped on the top half of the carb is WME 3301-813773-C. The number on the carb bowl half is 3301-9013. Neither of these numbers match up with parts available on MarineEngine.com. Nor do they match with the scores of carbs on Ebay and other used parts sites. While there is a slew of numbers out there, 3301-9012 is the most common (including MarineEngine.com.) My questions are how can I tell if these other carb numbers will match with what I have and is there a way to extract the broken stem from the carb body and locate a replacement part that will work? It really kills me that summer is waning and I can't use my boat. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

R/R Broken fuel inlet on 3 Cyl Merc 75 HP 4 years 8 months ago #140646

can you tap threads in it and add a barbed fitting ?

R/R Broken fuel inlet on 3 Cyl Merc 75 HP 4 years 8 months ago #140647

I believe I can tap it out. I drilled out some of the remaining stub to see if I could insert an extractor and wiggle it free, but no luck. I would guess the remaining metal from the insert stub to be about 1/32 inch thick. I didn't drill it out any further pending a response to my post. I'm not familiar with a "barbed fitting" but it sounds like a press-in that would grab the threads I tap in. Where would I find one and what size should I tap the hole out to? Also, what precautions would I need to take to keep the barbed replacement from leaking? If these questions sound like I'm a novice, it's because while I know conceptually how to do some of this stuff, I've not actually done a lot of it. Thanks for the quick response, Dave. I really appreciate your help.

R/R Broken fuel inlet on 3 Cyl Merc 75 HP 4 years 8 months ago #140648

call me 1 914 310 7086 Dave

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.163 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6081 guests and no members online