Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Got 2 Merc's need to sell????

Got 2 Merc's need to sell???? 2 years 6 months ago #124534

  • cosmic12
  • cosmic12's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Posts: 479
  • Karma: 3
  • Thank you received: 1
I have 2 Merc's that I need to sell and was wondering if you guys could help with price's. I know all the "worth what ya can get for'em" stories but they are very nice units that due to changes in my life and the hulls they were meant for are gone or plan's changed I need to make room and hate to see them wasted. 115 long shaft w/controls and trim unit and a 50 short w/ controls and elecs. The 115 ran perfect a year ago haven't run the 50 but compression is great. Not trying to make any $$$ just want to recover costs.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Got 2 Merc's need to sell???? 2 years 6 months ago #124535

Can't help you with pricing but let me know what you decide for the 1150. My neighbour wants another for his Crestliner. Mark.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead !

Re: Got 2 Merc's need to sell???? 2 years 6 months ago #124536

  • cosmic12
  • cosmic12's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Posts: 479
  • Karma: 3
  • Thank you received: 1
Firstglassproject wrote:

Can't help you with pricing but let me know what you decide for the 1150. My neighbour wants another for his Crestliner. Mark.


Looks as though you are kinda close, Tell him about it and let me know if he wants to make a offer. I have a couple now but they seem to be a bit low to me for what it is. I am in no hurry and it is not a desperation sale. Let me know.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Got 2 Merc's need to sell???? 2 years 6 months ago #124547

No problem. He's in Hamilton today dropping off his Father-in-law for a hip replacement and should be back later. Where are you ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead !

Re: Got 2 Merc's need to sell???? 2 years 6 months ago #124561

  • cosmic12
  • cosmic12's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Posts: 479
  • Karma: 3
  • Thank you received: 1
Firstglassproject wrote:

No problem. He's in Hamilton today dropping off his Father-in-law for a hip replacement and should be back later. Where are you ?


Just west of Syracuse exit 39 on 90.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Got 2 Merc's need to sell???? 2 years 6 months ago #124610

Do you have access to the Erie Barge Canal from there ? I don't know much of upstate NY but grew up in Niagara Falls and on the Upper Niagara River. I spoke to Steve last night and he surprised me by saying he was selling his 80 Crestliner Crusader and going bigger. However, he did say that in Canadian dollars he thought if you could free it up and get it to fire you should have no problems getting between $1500.00 and $1800.00 for it. Knock 30 percent off that for USD. I called a couple Chippawa boys and I'm waiting to hear back from them if they are interested or have an estimate that differs from Steve's. Have a great day and I'll get back to you. I'm trying to figure out the cooling system on my old Rude. It ran today for the first time in 4 years but no water's coming out and I don't even know if there should be water coming out of it and where it should be coming from. Argh.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead !

Re: Got 2 Merc's need to sell???? 2 years 6 months ago #124624

I would be a player on the 500, but it is a bit too far away, and the exchange on Canadian to US funds is a killer these days.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Got 2 Merc's need to sell???? 2 years 6 months ago #124658

  • cosmic12
  • cosmic12's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Posts: 479
  • Karma: 3
  • Thank you received: 1
Firstglassproject wrote:

Do you have access to the Erie Barge Canal from there ? I don't know much of upstate NY but grew up in Niagara Falls and on the Upper Niagara River. I spoke to Steve last night and he surprised me by saying he was selling his 80 Crestliner Crusader and going bigger. However, he did say that in Canadian dollars he thought if you could free it up and get it to fire you should have no problems getting between $1500.00 and $1800.00 for it. Knock 30 percent off that for USD. I called a couple Chippawa boys and I'm waiting to hear back from them if they are interested or have an estimate that differs from Steve's. Have a great day and I'll get back to you. I'm trying to figure out the cooling system on my old Rude. It ran today for the first time in 4 years but no water's coming out and I don't even know if there should be water coming out of it and where it should be coming from. Argh.


Yes I live on The Seneca river, part of the barge canal (Erie).
The engine is not locked up at all. Has great compression and ran perfect last Sept when I removed it from the boat. Was fogged and I have no reason to believe it wouldn't fire up and run now.
My back yard.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Got 2 Merc's need to sell???? 2 years 6 months ago #124661

Nice ! If you're ever heading into the Niagara River let me know. I'll give you some number's of people with the Chippawa Boat Club and Hodgify is in Fort Erie. My Brother-in-law has put the word out there about the motors but customs might be a pain. I wonder how complicated that would be to get across ? P.S. I was just being paranoid, my cooling system is working perfectly :) Going to Port Dover on Lake Erie in 3 weeks. Have a great day. Mark

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead !

Re:Got 2 Merc's need to sell???? 2 years 6 months ago #124735

  • cosmic12
  • cosmic12's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Posts: 479
  • Karma: 3
  • Thank you received: 1
the 115 is gone.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Got 2 Merc's need to sell???? 2 years 6 months ago #124746

That didn't take long. I hope you made out well. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead !

Re:Got 2 Merc's need to sell???? 2 years 6 months ago #124789

  • cosmic12
  • cosmic12's Avatar Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Posts: 479
  • Karma: 3
  • Thank you received: 1
Got what I needed for but now I am already regretting selling it. I got a hull today that it would have been perfect for.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Got 2 Merc's need to sell???? 2 years 6 months ago #124802

Ain't that always the way ??

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Damn the torpedoes, full steam ahead !

Re:Got 2 Merc's need to sell???? 2 years 6 months ago #124833

  • Paul
  • Paul's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Posts: 354
  • Karma: 4
  • Thank you received: 7
Do you have a price in mind on the 50 yet?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

  • Page:
  • 1
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds

FG Login

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

Glassified Ads

Glasspar Parts Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
02-10-2019

1960s Aristo Craft hardtop
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

1960s Aristo Craft hardtop
02-10-2019

FiberGoogle

Quick Search

Who's Online

We have 2436 guests and 4 members online