Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1957? Larson Thunderhawk jr

1957? Larson Thunderhawk jr 8 years 8 months ago #113882

hi this is my fifty something larson t-hawk jr, i just picked it up for 350 bucks!! looks as if it is all there but the light sticks in the back and the wind shield..not sure if the horn is factory or not but i havent come across any jr's with horns.
so far i really dont know much about the boat, i think it was built in alberta canada, it has a "pre-vue" rpm tach from canada, i can not find one like it anywhere!!!

i will start to restore this boat come september first but any info you guys may have will be greatly appreciated, im 25 so i havent the slightest clue about these boats but i am skilled with fiberglass and paint.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1957? Larson Thunderhawk jr 8 years 8 months ago #113883

m
Attachments:

Re:1957? Larson Thunderhawk jr 8 years 8 months ago #113884

m
Attachments:

Re:1957? Larson Thunderhawk jr 8 years 8 months ago #113885

Neat find! Where in Alberta were they built?

Re:1957? Larson Thunderhawk jr 8 years 8 months ago #113906

Unless they had a Canadian plant I'm unaware of, Larson was made in Little Falls, MN.

Re:1957? Larson Thunderhawk jr 8 years 8 months ago #113910

Larsons were made nationally with plants in Nashville, TN; Ontario, California; and Cornwall, Ontario, Canada:

www.fiberglassics.com/library/Larson

Looks like you have a long shaft (20" shaft) motor on a 15" transom. The cavitation plate should be near the hull line when the motor is tilted down.

Re:1957? Larson Thunderhawk jr 8 years 8 months ago #113932

You will probably want Glo-poles to finish her off, since you have the bases and what looks like one snapped-off end:

www.fiberglassics.com/fiberglassics-forums/home/main-forum/looking-for-glo-rod-lights-i-need-help-please

Re:1957? Larson Thunderhawk jr 8 years 7 months ago #114074

most everything is there but the poles and windshield, does anyone know if the horn was a factory option?

Re:1957? Larson Thunderhawk jr 8 years 7 months ago #114077

Dealers installed many accessories and options back then. It could have been on boat when it was sold new but not necessarily a factory option.

Re:1957? Larson Thunderhawk jr 8 years 7 months ago #114888

If you're interested this is a wind shield blank that I make to fit '57 through '59 Thunderhawk Jr. also fits Pla-boy Pla-Mate etc. I also have reproduction Glo-Poles, and complete Thunderhawk decal sets
Attachments:

Re:1957? Larson Thunderhawk jr 8 years 6 months ago #115365

yes sir i would love all that.. how ever i am in canada. please email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 6778 guests and no members online