• Page:

TOPIC: New find Washington built turquiose 1967 Wacanda

New find Washington built turquiose 1967 Wacanda 9 years 4 months ago #103302

• firstfibre
  • firstfibre's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Think the engine is a 400 Merc, it's in Montana so have to go pick it up, it's a complete boat so excited to burnish it up and take it out on the ocean. They are supposed to be great rough water boats designed by an aircraft engineer and used on the white water rivers, they were built in Colville, Washington.
Great deal at $300 bucks, it has new tires, the tires have to be worth $100. Probably cost $150 in gas to get it, will be looking for future boats on the trip.
Now I have a cherry red boat and a turquoise one, I don't think there were any other 50's/60's colors of note :)

Capt'n Steve
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: New find Washington built turquiose 1967 Wacanda 9 years 4 months ago #103317

I suspect your 1100 Merc will be way over power on this boat too...
From your 1959 Mariner thread:
firstfibre wrote:

Bought another boat a 1967 Wacaca with a 40 Merc and all the trimmings so I have something to bolt the 1100 to that isn't a mouse nest.

This is also a nice looking boat.

Re: New find Washington built turquiose 1967 Wacanda 9 years 4 months ago #103319

• firstfibre
  • firstfibre's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Oh yes JB, my hope is to get this one running and see what kind of power it has, I have only had 10hp motors, one is on my 27' sailboat and the other a skiff, and my brother had a chevy 350 jet boat so I don't really have any idea how it will feel. I found a Glasspar G3 but it's been painted over with what looks like house paint, way too much work, that would be the boat for the 1100. Once I try both I can decide and find another 4 banger if the 6 is too much.
Maybe see which boat I like the best and sell off the other to finance the next one, most of the fun so far is the finding and tinkering.
Steve

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)