Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Would like some info on a 1968 Larson Glasspar....

Would like some info on a 1968 Larson Glasspar.... 13 years 10 months ago #9929

• ktlucius
  • ktlucius's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Recently acquired a wonderful find! I am searching everywhere to locate information on what I have. Boat states Larson on the Hull Tag, Glasspar on the 'do-hickey's' outside the boat,(sorry....female here) yet registration card states Glastron. Is this a Larson Glasspar model Glastron? Any help, links to pics, websites, literature, etc. would be wonderful as I cannot seem to locate this exact boat style anywhere on the web!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Would like some info on a 1968 Larson Glasspar.... 13 years 10 months ago #9933

Awesome find for $850. It looks like it is in very good shape. It's not a Glastron. Whoever registered it probably didn't even take the time to see what he had. He knew it began with a 'G', so Glastron popped into is mind.

1970 Glastron V-142 SkiFlite
1965 Merc 500
1968 Merc 500

Re:Would like some info on a 1968 Larson Glasspar.... 13 years 10 months ago #9934

• ktlucius
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you....is it just a Glasspar or does it have a subtitle/model also? Do you know anything about this type of boat? Your pic of your boat looks great!

Re:Would like some info on a 1968 Larson Glasspar.... 13 years 10 months ago #9946

ktlucius wrote:

Thank you....is it just a Glasspar or does it have a subtitle/model also? Do you know anything about this type of boat? Your pic of your boat looks great!

Thanks for the compliment.

I think you have the following 16' Glasspar boat called the 'Avalon'. I see you have the original windshield and hardware too!

1970 Glastron V-142 SkiFlite
1965 Merc 500
1968 Merc 500

Re:Would like some info on a 1968 Larson Glasspar.... 13 years 10 months ago #9960

• Rod-B
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Correct...it's an Avalon.
The reason both Larson and Glasspar names are on it is that Larson Industries bought Glasspar in late 1966 and continued to build some boats under the Glasspar name through the late 1970's as well as under the Larson name. Genmar later bought Larson and Triumph, Carver, Champion, Four Winns, Glastron, Ranger, Stratos and Wellcraft (probably more that I don't remember) and still has the rights to the Glasspar and Larson names...last I heard, anyway. Genmar filed for bankruptcy June 2009 and I don't know just how that is going...or if it's done.

Re:Would like some info on a 1968 Larson Glasspar.... 13 years 10 months ago #9969

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
K: CONGRATS. Looks lilke quite clean Avalon , larson , GLASSPAR. Should be no connection to Glastron. However , It reminded me of a rowboat I bought last summer, where the owner had more than one boat & he actually gave me the wrong reg card.!
. So double check your papers that it does indeed match the state bow # MN -5003 - HV..? Owner may still have another Glastron with different bow #.

.. The brochure pic above gives you the ad for Avalon, also in the 68 year Swimwear clothing company CATALINA (LOWER RIGHT CORNER)was a co-brand for Glasspar that is why lady in ad with striped top . . Sort of like the Eddie Bauer assn with Ford a few years back .
.. Again CONGRATS on a clean find.

Re:Would like some info on a 1968 Larson Glasspar.... 13 years 10 months ago #9984

• ktlucius
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you so much for the information! Everyone on this site has been a wonderful help providing me with information, websites, brocure attachments and pictures! This is GREAT!

My husband and I are very excited about our wonderful find!

Thank you again :)
Tom and Kim

Re:Would like some info on a 1968 Larson Glasspar.... 13 years 10 months ago #9985

• ktlucius
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you so much for the information! Everyone on this site has been a wonderful help providing me with information, websites, brocure attachments and pictures! This is GREAT!

I did check the #'s like you suggested and they do match....so I am thinking someone at some point over the past 42 years selected the wrong model. It started with a "G" so therefore that is what was selected.

My husband and I are very excited about our wonderful find!

Thank you again :)
Tom and Kim

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)