Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Nice night on the Hudson - short film

Nice night on the Hudson - short film 13 years 10 months ago #9276

Hope all you folks are well. Don't mind me, I just keep burning gas and oil!

Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Nice night on the Hudson - short film 13 years 10 months ago #9277

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
The smile on your face says it all buddy! Life is Good. :laugh:

Mark

Re:Nice night on the Hudson - short film 13 years 10 months ago #9284

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Nice Cruise Frank! Motor sounds nice. Not working hard at all pushing you around on that boat. Go do it some more.
Jim

Re:Nice night on the Hudson - short film 13 years 10 months ago #9288

your kilin me with all this flat water. :( soon my friend.

Re:Nice night on the Hudson - short film 13 years 10 months ago #9292

Thanks guys! Need a smaller pitch prop on this baby, got to stop porpoising. Just a matter of money and time, little of each I got!

I figure it nothing else, Ron would be happy I'm porpoising. Actually it only happens when I try and trim the motor out, so I need to play some.

Just give me an idea of when you might be up Ron. I think July is not too bad for weekends, but August is about out. You're close enough to do it on a days notice. You got my #s.

Enjoy yer day folks, I gotta get back to woik!

Frank

Re:Nice night on the Hudson - short film 13 years 10 months ago #9294

• Heather
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Very Nice Frank! Great Job, and looks to be all smiles.

Mrs Spookeay Bird

Re:Nice night on the Hudson - short film 13 years 10 months ago #9296

PC1000 wrote:

Thanks guys! Need a smaller pitch prop on this baby, got to stop porpoising. Just a matter of money and time, little of each I got!

I figure it nothing else, Ron would be happy I'm porpoising. Actually it only happens when I try and trim the motor out, so I need to play some.

Just give me an idea of when you might be up Ron. I think July is not too bad for weekends, but August is about out. You're close enough to do it on a days notice. You got my #s.

Enjoy yer day folks, I gotta get back to woik!

Frank

Frank, Maybe try trimming it out a little more and see if you can drive through the porpoising?

The smaller diameter prop of the same pitch may be the way to go. As I recall, you prop was a little large.

If you have a local prop shop, they may let you try a few for free as long as you intend to buy through them.

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:Nice night on the Hudson - short film 13 years 10 months ago #9297

I had a porpoising problem with my Fury and no matter what prop or trim position I used I couldn't shake it. I added 20-25lbs to the nose and solved the problem. Just a thought.

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:Nice night on the Hudson - short film 13 years 10 months ago #9298

Heather you bet I'm grinnin, I love this little boat!

Dave, I tried driving through it - nope. Gonna try some different props I guess.

Doug, people tell me with tunnel hulls, I need to move more weight to the back, not front.

Long as the motor runs good (i.e., not detonating), we're having fun. I'll keep playing around and we'll get it I think.

Thanks all!

Frank

Re:Nice night on the Hudson - short film 13 years 10 months ago #9299

Frank has you face started hurting for all that grinning?
I thought from some of the vidio the it looked like you were porising. Was going to say something but you know it.
Keep at her and keep having fun.
Mike aka pathfinderz1

Re:Nice night on the Hudson - short film 13 years 10 months ago #9301

pathfinderz1 wrote:

Frank has you face started hurting for all that grinning?
I thought from some of the vidio the it looked like you were porising. Was going to say something but you know it.
Keep at her and keep having fun.
Mike aka pathfinderz1

Nah, when I get to work, the smile comes right off Mike.

It's only been out a few times, we'll figure it out. It's fun just as it is, long as the motor keeps working good. And I carry a brand new never used electric trolling motor just in case!

Frank

Re:Nice night on the Hudson - short film 13 years 10 months ago #9304

• g3jim
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
a cleaver prop would offer more lift at the stern yes? seems like the bow has enough lift already so you would not need a chopper.

Now that you are running you have all the time in the world to enjoy it and tune it the way you want. Try as many props in as many varieties as you like until it is right for you. On a hot day 38 + mph is just fine too.
Cool boat Frank glad you are on the water.

Re:Nice night on the Hudson - short film 13 years 10 months ago #9305

Thanks Jim, that's about the way I feel buddy. Good to be on the water, motor runs fine, no detonating that I can hear anyways. That 38 comes at WOT bumpin 5200. Got plenty of time to play, plus a laundry list of things around the house that now need attention. Plus the hot rod has to get cleaned up for Father's Day.

Take care and keep in touch!

Frank

Re:Nice night on the Hudson - short film 13 years 10 months ago #9319

saweet...high rpm's on flat water!

I would stay way from ron this time of year frank, it looks like there maybe some rain with a chance of high winds....and yea know ron, he'll drive right into the middle of it....

Re:Nice night on the Hudson - short film 13 years 10 months ago #9321

Ron's close enough he can come up on a day's notice Mark. We'd love to see Ron & Sue!

Frank

Re:Nice night on the Hudson - short film 13 years 10 months ago #9324

frank, i think i got this figured out. porpoising is a sign of a "happy boat"...just listen to the smooth sound of there mates...those mercs are humming. is the water that flat on saturdays? i could come on a tuesday or thursday. if you have a day off let me know.

mark, tropical storms and hurricanes haven't stopped me yet, though i know better to chance it on the water in high winds. all you need is a strong gust and if your heading into it, the tunnel will capture that air and you'll be doin flip flops. i wonder what wind speed would cause that. i wouldn't think too much on a 440lb. boat with most of the weight in the stern. hmmmmm....

Re:Nice night on the Hudson - short film 13 years 10 months ago #9325

I don't normally get days off the middle of the week Ron, but I do get off at 4, plenty of time to hit the Hudson.

If this weekend is decent, we're headed to the New York Power Authority's Blenheim-Gilboa pumped storage facility's lower reservoir (by permit only - I got one) Saturday, then Great Sacandaga Sunday. I've never been to that lower reservoir, it's hard to get to from about anywhere, but I'm told there is little to no boats on it any nice weekend. I went through their permit process - copy of tow vehicle, trailer and boat registration, driver's license, and a form to fill out for a background check. Once you get the permit, you have to call a day ahead to let them know yer coming. Great Sacandaga is easy, big, but maybe busy, don't know, never had a boat around here. Of course if you guys come up, our plans are flexible.

We may be going to Hammondsport for that ACBS Keuka Lake deal July 16-18 once I get some clarity on what kind of insurance they require. I don't have any, but am open to it.

Keep in touch, and we'll wee what happens.

Frank

Re:Nice night on the Hudson - short film 13 years 10 months ago #9343

In my boat, I get some porpoising when I run the boat alone with no passenger beside me. Just moving one 6 gal. gas tank up behind my seat ( about 40 lb. full) is enough to stop the porpoising. I don't know about tunnel hulls, however, nor have I ever tried alternate props to address the issue. Thanks for the video; it looks like it was a great boat ride !

Re:Nice night on the Hudson - short film 13 years 10 months ago #9344

Thanks man! We're having a ball with it, and plan to keep having a ball. We'll play with things, see what happens and just keep having a ball!

Frank

Re:Nice night on the Hudson - short film 13 years 10 months ago #9362

Frank,
Glad to see you enjoying your ride! You deserve it! You even color coordinated your outfit for the video ;-)
Paul

Re:Nice night on the Hudson - short film 13 years 10 months ago #9374

Thanks Paul, we sure are having fun with it.

I'm not really color coordinated - that's one of my American flag shirts, and the boat's just red & white. :) Gail and I are partial to red & white stuff though, and have plenty of matching clothes. Kinda sick eh? ;)

Gotta pick up a fitting today to adapt another 6 gallon tank to my merc hose, then we're gonna have three of them! Woo hoo!

Frank

Re:Nice night on the Hudson - short film 13 years 10 months ago #9398

frank,18 gallons? where did you hear that adding weight to the stern would stop the porpoising? when i had my 6 gal. tank the porpoising was minimal. it got worse when i added the 9 gal.tank. when i was at silver lake and ran the tank down to about a gallon left, the porpoising didn't change. when we run the hudson i will have 80 lbs.of sand in the nose. if that doesn't make a difference then i'll just live with it.

Re:Nice night on the Hudson - short film 13 years 10 months ago #9407

I can only get two tanks in da boat at once Ron, third one if fer da pickup just in case I run outta dee otter 2.

:laugh:

Frank

Re:Nice night on the Hudson - short film 13 years 10 months ago #9411

don't you mean the "udder two" ;)

Re:Nice night on the Hudson - short film 13 years 10 months ago #9412

is there a place along the hudson where we can dock and have lunch? if yes...how bout the last one to the dock buys lunch. hehe this doesn't include cc tho if he should show up with his stingray.

Re:Nice night on the Hudson - short film 13 years 10 months ago #9419

Yeah, right where we exchanged trailers when you were here. Frank

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)