• Page:

TOPIC: 1958 Lake N Sea

1958 Lake N Sea 13 years 10 months ago #8599

• bfmccasper
  • bfmccasper's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Does anyone know where I can get a steering wheel for a Parsons Lake and sea boat. Just bought one this weekend. Also need a windshield. Also would like to see some finished interior pics so I know about how to go about making that. I will have some pictures up soon. The title says it is a 1958 wolverine but I think it is a biscayne. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1958 Lake N Sea 13 years 10 months ago #8612

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Hey- Another Lake N Sea owner- Nice! Let's see some pics.

I have a '59 Caribbean, but it is unrestored- She's next on the waiting list. The steering wheel on mine is a 'generic' boat wheel, nothing custom. I suspect it's original, since everything else on the boat is.

The windshield on mine is a Taylor-made plexiglass one, though mine is in bad shape. Taylor doesn't seem to make them any longer, either- they sold their old stock off to a marine parts company in Maryland, and I THINK they have sold them all, though I haven't contacted them directly... So, I am going to have to make one for my boat. Luckily, they are pretty simple, with no compound curves to worry about, so it shouldn't be too tough. Do you have the aluminum parts for it? Those will be the hard parts to come up with- though they are taylor parts, and probably not impossible to find.

-Andrew

Re:1958 Lake N Sea 13 years 10 months ago #8615

• bfmccasper
  • bfmccasper's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
All the trim is intact. Windshield is still there,but cracked. Just scored a 1959 Scott 40hp motor for her. And a set of rear quarter emblems. There was another posting on here where a guy said you could still get them from Taylor. Also, what should I look for as far as making sure this boat dosent "leak n sink" haha. I will have pictures up as soon as i can.

Re:1958 Lake N Sea 13 years 10 months ago #8712

bmfccasper, Hi.Try Taylor Made Systems
Customer Service 518-773-0636

this is a shot of my 1959 Carribean,good luck

Rick
Attachments:

Re:1958 Lake N Sea 13 years 10 months ago #8742

Hey buddy.. congrats on the Lake N Sea... Rick's is polished up a little more than mine... but here are some closeups of my wheel... i was told by the guy who has the Lake N Sea website that the wheels are hard to come by... but who knows... mine is original... The part of the wheel which is not white plastic is a cool clear plastic with gold flake in it... if you search for a post about polishing steering wheels on the traditional hotrod site the HAMB, you can get some idea how to fix up one of these wheathered wheels... enjoy!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)