TOPIC: Silver Lake surprise.

Silver Lake surprise. 13 years 10 months ago #8453

• houston
  • houston's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Well, where should I start....?

Genny left me to go to the pocono 500 (tomorrow) this weekend, so I ended up going to silver with out her and our 10.1 megapix camera. still trying to figure out what I am missing the most because the two cameras I took I may have ONE usable picture :angry:
2010 spring dust of

Silver got dubbed a spring dust off, and it really showed this year, ron had to get a new water impler installed, CC had some pretty major issues to contend with with a shifter cable in his control box which the cable and the box ended up having to be replaced and Frank got his power cat wet after installing trim and tilt controls on his power cat (above).

to my delight I got a ride in all 3 boats which made me understand even more my doctors orders about boats....a couple of times I felt as if my eye balls where about to pop out and lay out on the forward bow but other than that I really enjoyed the lake and the boats.

the Navicard samples I took with me seemed to be a hit, with Ron and John Gibson who brought his freshly painted Sunray but didn't not float it...so I have no new picture of his sunray but what I did get to see was the reason, and end result to all of this I been doing and all the torturing I put CC through on Pryor sample tests of the Navicards.

I took 16 cards with me and kept one of each boat, I gave the remaining to ron and john who stood there in utter silence looking at the samples of their cards I made just the day before and cut that mourning, there was no previous viewing by either via of the net.

each one, Ron and sue, john and family which (I gave one to each to look at) where all blown away with the cards. Now if you can picture Ron an john standing together comparing each others card to the others and me standing there pointing out different things I did differently between the two...the two of them had this awkward silence, and john ask Ron if he would like to have one of his cards of his sunray and Ron said sure want one of my mantaray? after they exchanged cards with each other there was this duh moment I saw over a year or so ago, John said to Ron....well yea they are...trading cards right! which left me giggling to a rib hurt.

I will give some more information about the navicards here in a bit, and a little package that may interest some, when I told boaters that where there, here is what I do and because you came here today....I will wip you up your very own and explain in an email exactly how to have kinko's set them up and what stock to use with a PDF file, completely !-free-!, many where just...amazed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Silver Lake surprise. 13 years 10 months ago #8455

• DelRay
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
HOUSTON,
O.K. I'm in. The cards are way too cool! You have done a great job on the format. How do I get started?
Pete aka DelRay

Re:Silver Lake surprise. 13 years 10 months ago #8457

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
The cards look great Mark! And thanks for the update on the gang, too. Sounds like everybody had a good time.

Mark

Re:Silver Lake surprise. 13 years 10 months ago #8493

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks for the complements, giving everything it wasn't "just-cut-and-paste" making my templates or figuring out a really "easy" end user hand-able format.

update on Genny, down in PA...hehehe aka the Lady who left me for a guy named Kyle who likes fast cars and classy women....
Attachments:

Re:Silver Lake surprise. 13 years 10 months ago #8517

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks all for the ton of emails about the cards...this is going to be a big hit I think....haven't heard from the crew that was at silver yet but I can give somewhat of an update on Genny...

Her and her mom got to see the "Big-One" at a nascar race!

hate Hijacking my own thread but...she is beside herself on the phone right now.
Attachments:

Re:Silver Lake surprise. 13 years 10 months ago #8530

just got home and i'm aching. returning the cabinkey to tim as we left i slipped on his wet wooden porch steps. i landed on my butt and back. i can see the nurses faces tomorrow when i show up for dialysis..hehe.i got some great pics which i will post tomorrow.
i was brought to tears by my buddy john gibson. he has offered to give me a kidney. i can't explain the feelings that went thru me other than the tears. i'm posting this so all can see the great guy that john is. i guess our doctors will converse and see if we are a match, and most importantly if johns current health would allow it. its a long shot, but its a shot. johns sunray looks fabulous and after its rubbed out and the interior installed will be a real headturner.
back to the meet...saturday morn greeted us with torrential rain, lightning and thunder which ended at 7am. i figure about half of the people didn't attend because of the rain. the rest of the day cleared up and we had a great day.ben had problems with his g3,and didn't get on the water saturday. dave,frank and i all had minor repairs and were on the water all day. franks powercat looks real sleek at speed and daves stingray..fast..fast..fast. the mantaray ran great after the new impellor and got the porposing to a minimum by dropping the merc 2 holes, but as i dropped it 2 holes the waterfall returned. guess i can't solve both. it was great to see mark as i really doubted he would come alone. more tomorrow i'm tired.

Re:Silver Lake surprise. 13 years 10 months ago #8533

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Glad to see you post, sorry to hear you fell, completely blown away by John he a real stand up guy!

let's note something here folks, everything aside...we all met here.

Re:Silver Lake surprise. 13 years 10 months ago #8541

thanks mark.
ron i dont know what say,i didnt know you were posting it,but i would do it for you or the other guys here in a heart beat.your a great friend ,and i want to help,ill call my doctor in the morning buddy,take care and be careful walking,lol.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Silver Lake surprise. 13 years 10 months ago #8581

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
took me forever to find my thread....

just bumped up your karma john

Re:Silver Lake surprise. 13 years 10 months ago #8669

thank you mark.
i cant see your cards though,the only one i can see is the 2nd one down ,the others have a little red x in the top corner.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Silver Lake surprise. 13 years 10 months ago #8670

ron you havent posted your pics yet buddy,cant wait to see them.

---Mark Twain

Re:Silver Lake surprise. 13 years 10 months ago #8672

john, half of my pics didn't come out. its time for a new camera. the ones i''m posting are the best of the bunch. i just woke up from 14 hrs. of sleep. that coughing i was doing turned out to be bronchitis.

Re:Silver Lake surprise. 13 years 10 months ago #8692

Yep, looks like time for a new camera...

I especially like the drive up dock at the restaurant,(last picture).

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:Silver Lake surprise. 13 years 10 months ago #8701

tim told us about that place. we went there by boat and by car. super food,excellent prices. behind that van are a few cabins they rent out. couldn't think of a better place to stay next time up. dock space comes with the cabin.

Re:Silver Lake surprise. 13 years 10 months ago #8702

• houston
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
it's not a sign for a new camera!, what it is a sign of, is the need for fresh battery's, I found with digital cameras if you have a battery meter when it showing the 1/2 point to drop out the battery's and load in some fresh one...

funny, how this came around, one of my camera I bought 10 fresh battery's for didn't even hold up for ONE SHOT, making the camera unusable.

Sunday I was looking at a 15 dollar off coupon that came with them (behind where the battery's where)...and it look like a Christmas present, so I knew then the cause was OLD Battery's!

what I found that works best is rechargeable Nicad's, they seem to be able to handle the load of the camera (old or newer) longer.

Re:Silver Lake surprise. 13 years 10 months ago #8706

vuyosevich wrote:

tim told us about that place. we went there by boat and by car. super food,excellent prices. behind that van are a few cabins they rent out. couldn't think of a better place to stay next time up. dock space comes with the cabin.

Hmmm...wonder what their rates are like...group discount?

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Re:Silver Lake surprise. 13 years 10 months ago #8720

mark, i installed fresh batteries before i left. i checked them and they were good.
dave, they get $750/week..but she said if you called a few days b4, and they were available, they would cost $100/night..they're about half the size of koziel's where you stayed.
any thots on a good camera,easy to use,not over $200.

Re:Silver Lake surprise. 13 years 10 months ago #8722

mark and dave both gained a year in age at silver lake. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY GUYS"

Re:Silver Lake surprise. 13 years 10 months ago #8733

happy birthday guys.
ron sorry about the broncitus,but i sent you an email about my doctor appt.for kidneys,take care buddy.

---Mark Twain

Re:Silver Lake surprise. 13 years 10 months ago #8734

oh by the way the white rubrail we ordered came in today,too late for the meet but oh well,at least we got it.

---Mark Twain

Re:Silver Lake surprise. 13 years 10 months ago #8738

Well, I knew it was Mark's birthday, but nobody told me it was Dave's too. Happy belated birthday guys!

Good you got your rub rail in John. Git'r dun!

Frank

Re:Silver Lake surprise. 13 years 10 months ago #8748

vuyosevich wrote:

mark, i installed fresh batteries before i left. i checked them and they were good.
dave, they get $750/week..but she said if you called a few days b4, and they were available, they would cost $100/night..they're about half the size of koziel's where you stayed.
any thots on a good camera,easy to use,not over $200.

Try to stick with a name brand camera made by the seller, (as opposed to a re-branded model).

As much optical zoom as you can get.

Metal case if possible.

I'm kind of partial to Olympus:
http://www.circuitcity.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6288766&CatId=5295

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Re:Silver Lake surprise. 13 years 10 months ago #8755

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Ron, I've got an older model of the Sony CyberShot I'm pretty happy with. It does eat batteries pretty fast when you're shooting video tho......

Mark

Re:Silver Lake surprise. 13 years 10 months ago #8757

Ron, we've always had Canon cameras. We buy the ones with the flat batteries that come with a small plug-in-the-wall recharger, easy to bring along.

Frank

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)