• Page:

TOPIC: Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start

Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8415

• merckid
  • merckid's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
On a trip to get a Tee Nee that I bought over the phone ,I came upon this badboy lets see your pictures thanks the Merckid fyi the TeeNee is for sale under trailers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8417

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I guess that's one way to get some weight moved forward, put the helm right behind the bowlight!

Mark

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8419

Hey Steve,
It's hardly fair to begin an ugly boat contest and lead right off with a Pipestone Mariner! You should start with something a little milder and let it build. How can anyone top that? How about this, from the Cutter Division of Cargile, Inc. out of Nashville. Not to be confused with the Cutter Division of Owens.

Lee Wangstad
Attachments:

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8426

Since this has devolved into a Front Loader thread - let's not forget the Evinrude Explorer / Johnson Front Runner - although I find great beauty in their unusuality.

Peter
Unusuality?
in Denver

Attachments:

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8428

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
You guys are no competion, I can win this contest,If I want I can take 1st 2nd and 3rd but I will just put this one in,Bill
Attachments:

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8431

• DelRay
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Bill you have my vote by far up to this point!!!

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8433

I absolutely love those Cargile Cutters, I think they are very cool...always wanted one. So Bill gets my vote as well. :)

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8435

Yeah - Bill's gonna be hard to beat :~)

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8437

• merckid
  • merckid's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey Bill, its got to be a main stream production boat not a one of a kind LOL if it were a one of a kind contest you would have my vote

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8439

Mariner looks like it's in Ripon, WI?

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8444

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
OK Steve try this one a 1956 Herters with out fin option, still up in the running aren't I Bill
Attachments:

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8450

Ahhhhhghhhh~~~My Eyes!

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8451

Sorry, I can't get the pic to load.

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8458

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Bill, I think you're about to "lap the field"!

millionbubble, check the support forum for some tips on pic loading, possibly a sizing problem?

Mark

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8560

Ya'll are doggin' out some sweet rides. Let me introduce ya to a boat loving named Ugly Jezz.
Attachments:

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8567

Pretty much anything made by Pipestone and Pipiestone Mariner in the late 1960s early 1970s can qualify as the ugliest boat, in my opinion. But how about the 1971 Larson Shark. Not sure if Larson copied Pipestone or the other way around, but both had similar looking horrid boats:

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8570

• DelRay
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
O.K. Cat......you have moved to 1st place for me and Bill is running a tight 2nd!

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8576

Can I enter a blo boat? This one actually made it across the Atlantic. For more info, go to www.floatingneutrinos.com . BTW, this is not a production boat, so it may not count.
Attachments:

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8602

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Attachments:

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8704

Since there now seems to be a "One Off: category...

Twin Beer Kegs for fuel tanks...check the seats!

Yep....This was on CL...I'm strangley drawn to it...
Attachments:

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8724

OK what was that boat used for. Looks like something that was use for floating log jams.
Mike aka pathfinderz1

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8726

Here's the verbiage:

It is a 21' tunnel haul boat and custom built trailer. Boat has turbo 400 automatic transmition, Casale v-drive gearbox, Nickson over transom exhaust and water pump drive timing chain cover, prop shaft and prop, beer kegs for fuel tanks. Seats are custom made, they are dirty, but look like they will clean up. Set up for Big Block Chevy, but no engine. Trailer is double axle with surge brakes. Boat has been run, but never finnished. When it was running it would run 40 mph in second gear, but had engine problems (bad cam) Engine needed rebuilt and was sold. Never got back to finishing it. WIlling to trade for M4 AR ??? The boat is located in central Kansas, but I am in Windsor Colorado. I just listed in Kansas for $2500 or trade.

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8727

Some of those examples were ugly before they left the factory. Others have become ugly from years of neglect. Personally, I vote for the OMC or Larson Trihulls. And I remember both from when I was a kid but I only need to look in my shop to see one now.

I don't believe the Larson can hold its own against an OMC for strength.
Attachments:

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8735

But the OMC Front Loaders can bring a price - one just sold on Ebay for $5,000.
Indicating that their style is attractive to more than just Jim and me.

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8752

Looks like two committees worked to design this one. One did the front, the other did the rear. Not sure of the mfg. Some say Del-Bilt.
Attachments:

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8767

bilnan1 wrote:

try this one for ugly,1961 sea lion,Bill www.fiberglassics.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/102_0126.JPG [/img]

I'd love to have one of those. They aren't ugly; they're cute! :laugh:

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8784

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Heh Doug, find me a 1958 Hupp boat by Hupp engineering and I would trade,maybe a little boot, this one is actually going to be an easy one to do but it is down on my list,start looking,,Thanks Bill

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8785

classicfins wrote:

I'd love to have one of those. They aren't ugly; they're cute! :laugh:

Gee Doug, yer a real boat guy. That's the thing with a lot of these old glass boats. One guy thinks they're butt ugly, the next guy thinks they're cute.

Of course, any of them restored catches people's attention big time!

I'm gonna soon get that CC MR hull & deck together on that trailer and get it ready to roll. Nother couple weeks probably.

Enjoy yer day!

Frank

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8793

bilnan1 wrote:

Heh Doug, find me a 1958 Hupp boat by Hupp engineering and I would trade,maybe a little boot, this one is actually going to be an easy one to do but it is down on my list,start looking,,Thanks Bill

If I find a Hupp I'm keeping it! lol

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8803

I guess "ugly" is in the eye of the beholder...cuz i seem some REALLY nice looking boats in here!! :blink:

Those old, forward sitting Johnson\Evinrude Tri-Hulls take the cake though! :P

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8906

I don't remember where I found the pictures of this treasure, but beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder.
Attachments:

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8908

Stern view of the same boat-YUCK!
Attachments:

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #8909

retiredguy wrote:

Stern view of the same boat-YUCK!

Yuck?!?!

Big fins, twin mercs...totally unique and its RED!

Id float it...mostly to enjoy all the odd staring! :laugh:

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #9034

I spotted a Sea Lion in Buena Vista, CO last week and was going to post it on 'sighted' but lost my camera :S ; I do have the sellers contact info.......

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #9326

I'd forgotten about this thread...Bill Anderson pointed out that I have a shot!

Peter
Maybe this is why I bought it!
in Denver
Attachments:

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #9341

Peter, something tells me that a marine architect was not involved in the design of that boat. Nor was a commercial artist . Probably not a professional boatbuilder either. Someone with a lot of extra plywood, yes. But thanks for your entry, and I hope the boat provides a lot of fun !

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 11 months ago #10040

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 10 months ago #12094

"Long Live the Fin"

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 6 months ago #19010

• TNLark35
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Cruising the forum today... What is this thing?
Sorry if I dragged up and old thread.

CAT*FIN*k wrote:

Ya'll are doggin' out some sweet rides. Let me introduce ya to a boat loving named Ugly Jezz.

Re:Ugly boat contest lets see what you got I'll start 13 years 6 months ago #19012

I saw this one for sale a while back.
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.338 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

test ad
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

test ad
06-02-2024

Aquabird steering wheel
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)