Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Pipestone # 2

Pipestone # 2 10 years 8 months ago #82996

Well- been awhile since an update, I have had some changes in life - 2 moves later, 1 less long term relationship, and in the middle of restoring my '56, I now have a 2nd. A '57 pipestone that is in quite miraculous condition. No paint on the orig gel - the boat had been indoor stored so the wood is almost all perfect. No major glass issues and has all original accesories except the speedo in the dash and the '55 25 sea horse is not the orig. motor. The date stamp correlates with my '56 as follows: 14 2193 67 DD - 14' boat, boat number 2193, made in the 6th month of '57 and DD must have been the fabricators initials. The deal also came with a '59 Johnson Super Sea Horse v45s-11. OMG what a beast. Not sure what I am going to do with this yet - but I own it. Anyone interested Please let me know - will sell whole or poss. part it out- No clue if it runs yet or not.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Pipestone # 2 10 years 8 months ago #82998

It is nice to see more Pipestone boats out there mine is 61 have had it for 14 years where are you located

Charles

Re:Pipestone # 2 10 years 8 months ago #83000

I am actually in Foley mn - i see you live in leCenter... I found the '57 hoping to use the '57 as a donor boat - as I needed a bow piece and other items for my '56, but it is way different size and would not fit. The whole boat dimensions are smaller - it is narrower from bow to stern yet still 14' long. I am wondering if '57 was the year that pipestone took over making the hulls....maybe slayton didn't sell or give them the molds... I notice that the seat construction and outfitting evolved- just cleaner and better built than even 6-7 months earlier as my '56 was built in Nov. of '56. You have a nice looking rig there.... Eventually I will be able to post at least 1 finished boat pic... I hope....

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)