Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Turbocraft by Sooner Boat Co.

Turbocraft by Sooner Boat Co. 13 years 11 months ago #8278

Does any one have any information on Sooner Boat Co. of Eldorado, OK. ?
I have two, 1961, 15'-9" Turbocrafts. One is a Buehler, the other has a plaque that reads "MFG. by Sooner Boat Co. Eldorado, OKLA.". Both hulls are identical, the Sooner hull is thicker than the Buehler. Both have 150hp Ford Y block V8 Intercepter engines, with the crab manifold and horizontal Carter carbs.
I found Sooner Craft's web page, but it does not mention Turbocrafts.
I emailed Skip at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. a few days ago, but have not heard any thing from him.
Thanks darb.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Turbocraft by Sooner Boat Co. 13 years 10 months ago #8447

Interesting possible connection- two manufacturers of Buehler Turbocraft boats- both have Turbocraft markings? If you would like to post a photo of the plaque, we can add it to the Classic Boat Library and document this connection.

Re: Turbocraft by Sooner Boat Co. 13 years 10 months ago #8681

Handy Andy,
Here are some pics of the "Sooner" Turbocraft plaque, Indiana Gear Works Hamilton pump, with numbers, and hull numbers. This hull was painted. I looked inside the hull to see if any holes might have been filled, but no sign that a Buehler Turbocraft plaque had been removed.
The second set of pics are of the Buehler Turbocraft, pump numbers and hull numbers. This hull was really abused by some one.
Both hulls have the wing windows attached to the winshield.
Let me know if I have posted this in the wronge place, or you may edit it.
Thank you, every one, for a great source of information.
old darb

Re: Turbocraft by Sooner Boat Co. 13 years 9 months ago #11521

Handy Andy,
I don't know if I put the pictures of the "Sooner" Turbocraft, with the Sooner plaque in the right place on the forum. Has any one seen or heard any thing about Sooner building the Turbocrafts? Do you need more info?
Thanks. old darb

Re: Turbocraft by Sooner Boat Co. 13 years 9 months ago #11531

Thanks, I think these photos are very helpful. Hopeful someone with greater knowledge of the Soonercraft boats will chime in. This certainly documents some sort of connection between the two companies.

Re: Turbocraft by Sooner Boat Co. 13 years 9 months ago #11535

Thank you.darb

Re:Turbocraft by Sooner Boat Co. 13 years 9 months ago #11555

hopefuly "andreas" aka,"thompsonboat",will chime in here he is a wealth of knowledge on old ,classic boat companies historys.alot of times he amazes me with his boat history.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted