Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Swiss 6

Swiss 6 13 years 10 months ago #8104

I have a 1967 15 foot Swiss 6 with a 33hp 1967 Ski-Twin motor. I have not seen any other Swiss six's out there...nor can I find any literature on this boat. Does anyone know about them?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Swiss 6 13 years 10 months ago #8115

Searching the old forums, this is what I've come up with besides a few of your old posts:

archives.fiberglassics.com/forum818/showmessage.asp?fm=Forum3&messageID=11271

archives.fiberglassics.com/forum818/showmessage.asp?fm=Forum1&messageID=58294

The word on the street seems to be that it has a Cutter heritage. Can anyone counter or confirm?

I went ahead and created a page in the classic boat library for Swiss 6. Can we include a photo of your boat as an example since no vintage literature is available?

www.fiberglassics.com/library/Swiss_6

Re:Swiss 6 13 years 10 months ago #8117

I did a newspaperarchive.com search for "Swiss Six Boat" and "Swiss 6 Boat" and came up empty handed. I also did a google news archive search and found two classified ads from the mid 1960s, someone selling a "Swiss Six" boat.

That's all I can find.

Who is near Tell City, IN and wants to sepnd some time at the library? Or try the state of IN or the county and see if the firm was incorporated?

Andreas

Re:Swiss 6 13 years 10 months ago #8163

• DelRay
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Would like to see some more pictures of the boat ....the interior, transome etc.... might help to I.D. Sharp looking boat!

Re: Swiss 6 13 years 10 months ago #8728

Absolutely you may use my picture! and thanks!

Todd

Re:Swiss 6 12 years 8 months ago #39486

Hi DiverTodd:

We ran across your post from last year looking for other Swiss 6 Boats. My Father-In-Law recently gave my wife and I his 1965 Swiss 6 that he has owned since it was new. I've posted a picture of her bringing it in to the dock. We have enjoyed taking the boat to the lake many times this summer.

I noticed in other posts some comments about an owner's manual for the boat that was available on eBay. Do you happen to have a copy of that. We only have a manual for the motor.

Doug
Attachments:

Re:Swiss 6 12 years 3 weeks ago #58034

heres a picture of my 1967 swiss 6. has a 70 hp motor
Attachments:

Re:Swiss 6 12 years 3 weeks ago #58047

I have been doing some research on Swiss 6 history. Have just obtained some old newspaper articles. Chatted with a marine dealer that sold 'em. When the company closed circa 1973 he bought a lot of the hardware, etc.... Have not had time to write up a history article.

I have not yet found any literature other than a single sheet flyer for the "Swisscraft 16' Comet II".

Andreas

Re:Swiss 6 12 years 3 weeks ago #58278

Sorry, but these aren't dated. It appears that Swiss 6 morphed into SwissCraft at least by 1972, as this piece was dated.

Lee Wangstad
Attachments:

Re:Swiss 6 11 years 8 months ago #65105

I recently got an old tri hull Boat from a friend and it is made by swisscraft of tell city Ind. But i cant find any information on it at all i cant even find a picture of the boat. I a 1973 its really rough though I am going to restore it as someone sanded the gelcoat off and tried to paint the hull with what looks like exterior grade acrylic latex house paint will post some pictures of it and as i replace the deck its a really cool trihull just seems like its a one of a kind lol

Re:Swiss 6 8 years 9 months ago #112369

Hi Everyone.
New to this forum and my first post.
My Swiss 6 Boat, trailer, and motor, all matching dates (1962), I believe it to be the "Comet 16', and the only reference I have seen on a web search brought me here.
What I read is true on this boat, that the company was only in business a few months, later turning into Swisscraft. Ive since done some restoration on the boat since getting it from a gentleman in New York. The boat was owned by a lady in Maine and I was told never saw saltwater, with the exception of one run. It was apparently used in the huge lake in Maine. The motor was redone just before I purchased it. I also received historic papers from both Maine, and Indiana, regarding the six men who owned the company and built the boat. If there are any old timers who could help me with the history, and or details of the boat, I would be grateful ! The boats "name" is SWISS MISS, professionally stenciled on the back. I will add some pics when I can. I also may be interested in the future possibly selling it, have no idea what it may be worth but I have some $$ into it already. As I'm finding boats aren't cheap to keep and run :(
The design of this boat apparently makes it feel like a larger boat, with a large flattened bottom V hull design. Very Interesting piece of history. Or so I have been told. Cool boat, down to the speckled clear steering wheel, the flares, and the original "oversized" Evinrude. Any info appreciated !!! Thanks everyone !
Attachments:

Re:Swiss 6 8 years 9 months ago #112372

BABSAX, welcome aboard and nice find. I don't know much about them though, just what has been on here. You may want to start your own thread.

Bob

Re:Swiss 6 8 years 9 months ago #112374

Thank You So Much !!
I don't yet know how to start a new thread, so I figured posting would bring this to the top reads.
Thank You for any info I do have a few questions about restoring this fully.
Attachments:

Re: Swiss 6 8 years 9 months ago #112380

divertodd; Swiss6KY; swiss6boater; swisscraftCO; BABSAX,

WELCOME ABOARD to all 5 of you.

yours, satx

Resistance to tyrants is obedience to Almighty God.
Thomas Jefferson, 1803

Re:Swiss 6 8 years 9 months ago #112389

BABSAX, just go to the main forum and press the teal blue button toward the top that says "new thread". form there you should go to a new thread page where you can enter the subject then your message down in the message area. I see you already know how to post a pic so if you want to post multiple pics, just go back into your post then hit the edit button toward the bottom right and you can add another pic. Do this each time you want to add a pic.

Bob

Swiss 6 3 years 8 months ago #142898

I am selling the red and white 1962 Swiss 6 Boat You see in pics. Please Email At This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if interested. Boat, Evinrude Motor 90hp and trailer all date to 1962. Motor was overhauled but hasn’t been started in 5 years. The Boat is very rare. Reasonably Priced. I hope it’s ok to list it here, not looking to make a huge profit, just hoping someone who likes boats might see and keep the boats history alive. I also have rare paperwork explaining the origins and history of the boat.Thank You Kindly.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

FiberGoogle

Who's Online

We have 7113 guests and one member online