Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Info / pics on Larson built Glasspars?

Info / pics on Larson built Glasspars? 13 years 11 months ago #7574

I learned recently that Larson bought Glasspar in mid 1966. I have always suspected my Superlite "clone" was built around this time. This may explain why my boat seems to be a Glasspar yet isn't. It may be possible it is a Glasspar Division of Larson Industries, Inc. built boat. Does anyone have any information or pics of brochures, etc. for Larson/Glasspar during this time - 1966 to 1968 or so? As always, any help is appreciated.

Here's a pic of my boat and it's tow vehicle. :)
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Info / pics on Larson built Glasspars? 13 years 11 months ago #7601

• Rod-B
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Look up top on the 'overhead' menu and click on Glassic Library then scroll down to Glasspar and click on that. Lots of brochures shown there.
When Larson Indusries bought Glasspar they continued to use the existing Glasspar plants and molds for awhile before phasing into new designs and moving operations. Not sure about the Superlite but do know the Seafair models were still Glasspar designs through 1967 as was the G3 model...actually might have been 1969 when the Catalina G3 of Larson design was introduced (too dang lazy to take a look right now).
As far as I've been able to tell the Glasspar brochures here are the most complete around (Thanks, Kelly) but if you don't find what you want you can try the classicglasspars.com website and see what they have.

Re:Info / pics on Larson built Glasspars? 13 years 11 months ago #7602

That't about right (1969-1970). I have a Larson-Glaspar XL-1 which was the G3 next generation that is I think a 1969. Had Glaspar insignias but a Larson name plate.

Re:Info / pics on Larson built Glasspars? 13 years 10 months ago #9926

My husband and I found a beauty on our way home from the cabin last weekend. From what we know about it, it is a Larson made Glasspar (registration card also states Glastron...we are a little confused on this) the boat is in almost perfect shape! Talk about a steal....$850.00 including motor and trailer! This boat looks like it has been stored most of its life. We can't wait to take it out on its "maiden-voyage" If anyone knows anything about this model of boat, it would be greatly appreciated! :)
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)