Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello

Hello 13 years 11 months ago #7571

Hello all,
I am a new member as of today. I had been give an old boat last year by my boss. It is a 1960 Owens. It has the original fat fifty Evinrude and is on a Tee Nee trailer. The entire package has seen better days. Boat has some transome rot, cracked windshield, and a few other minor things. The motor seems to ba all there but has been sitting for a while. Am going to rebuild the carbs on it and see if it will run. Has good compression on all 4. Trailer has rust and mainframe rail is bent.
I am looking for some good resources to get parts for this project and get it in the water. If any one could give me some assistance I would be gfreatful.
I will try to get some pictures soon.
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Hello 13 years 11 months ago #7576

Sounds like a neat deal. We'll look forward to some pics.

Best to remove the deck and do the transom first.

Those old Evinrudes are good motors. Does it turn over? Have you checked compression? While you're rebuilding things, consider the fuel pump, water pump and get a seal kit for the lower unit. No doubt it needs new hoses too. Make sure when you replace them you get ones made for ethanol.

When you say the main frame rail on the trailer is bent, do you mean the tongue, or is the tongue the main frame rail? There's someone that advertises on the site here in the upper right that has Tee Nee trailer parts. Pretty much everything is available, and they are a worthwhile trailer to rebuild.

Best of luck with it!

Frank

Re:Hello 13 years 11 months ago #7581

Try Wally's Vintage trailers for your Tee Nee needs. He is an advertiser on this site. 937 408 7439.
I also have some parts for T Nee. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

D

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)