• Page:

TOPIC: a couple of tips for guys like me

a couple of tips for guys like me 13 years 11 months ago #7395

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
if your memory is like mine(bad),before i take something apart i take pictures of it,and also write on a piece of masking tape where it goes,like wires i do both.
like when i took out the headlights for the sunray i marked on a piece of tape which wire went where,then put the whole light assembally into a plasic freezer bag then marked port on one and starbord on the other because the holes for the screws will line right back up again if you put it back in the same place.
in the pics you will see where i took the pic of the control box to let me see where the wires go,i will also mark each one at a time,so i know where they go,because i have to redo some of them because a mouse got hungry for wires,lol
the 2nd pic was just so i could remember where the cable was set,so i get it right when i put the motor back on.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:a couple of tips for guys like me 13 years 11 months ago #7400

Just remember to do back-ups on your hard drive where you keep all those old digital pics. I didn't and lost everything. Everything!

Frank

Re:a couple of tips for guys like me 13 years 11 months ago #7412

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
BOTH are great tips! I can never remember how things went together... I try to take tons of photos. When I first got my Glasspar home, I took 100's of shots of it from different angles before I took it apart- and there have been a lot of occasions that they came in really handy!

I also like to use either a measuring tape or a ruler in some of the photos, where there are items I may need dimensions on later- It can come in really handy when you're trying to figure out just how big something was, or exactly where it was located on the boat!

As for backing up- I do it regularly now, and in more than one location. I had a hard drive failure on my laptop, and lost all that... When I went to use my backup drive, IT failed too! What are the odds of that? I should have played the lotto that week :)

-Andrew

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)