Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1960 Sea Kimg 35 HP impeller?

1960 Sea Kimg 35 HP impeller? 13 years 11 months ago #6696

Just purchased a 1959 Johnson Fiberglass 14 footer with original trailer and Sea King Outboard. I went through the engine and removed the flywheel checked the points and ignition system, looks good, all new parts in there. Next step will be cleaning out the fuel system and carb. I also want to replace the impeller but I do not know the correct part number or which part / model engine to reference when ordering. I live in Mount Vernon Wa. and will be going by Harbor Marine in Everett on my way home. Just wondering if anyone new which rebuild "kit" I should get. I am new to outboard motor repair but I am familiar with other types of engines and things. I just need the right parts for it so that when I go to re-do the lower unit I have the correct stuff. I am just wondering which motor was/is compatable with this one. It was made by Gale so sayeth the name plate. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1960 Sea Kimg 35 HP impeller? 13 years 11 months ago #6698

I believe OMC made the Sea King motors for Wards. The 1959-60 Evinrude Lark 35 hp impeller should fit it. If you can pop your lower unit and and show me a photo of the impeller housing and impeller I can confirm for you. Otherwise, if Chinewalker checks in I suspect he'll know right off the bat.

Re:1960 Sea Kimg 35 HP impeller? 13 years 11 months ago #6702

NAPA has always been a good source for impellers for me. They should be able to get one for ya.

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:1960 Sea Kimg 35 HP impeller? 13 years 11 months ago #6705

Yep, NAPA is always a good source. If ya have a Sierra #, that's what NAPA uses.

Frank

Re:1960 Sea King 35 HP impeller? 13 years 11 months ago #6709

Excellent. I prefer NAPA for all of my automotive needs anyway so it would stand to reason that if they have it I would go there.

I did not know that NAPA was into Marine stuff as well. Excellent.

Thank you for the input by the way it is much appreciated. I will try and figure out the whole picture thing so I can get a picture of my "new" boat put on here for all to see.

I really like this site it's a great source for information about these older boats and motors.

Thanks again.........any more information about the 35 HP Sea King/OMC/Johnson/Evenrude would be appreciated.

Re:1960 Sea Kimg 35 HP impeller? 13 years 11 months ago #6711

The Sea King is a Gale (OMC) made product and uses the earlier 30/35hp style Johnrude lower unit. As such, it will NOT use the Lark 35/40 waterpump, which is unique to the motors with the double-wall mid-section. The part number at NAPA/West Marine would be 18-3006. This is just the impeller. Unless your housing and plate are severely corroded or worn, you should be fine with just replacing the impeller.

- Scott

Re:1960 Sea Kimg 35 HP impeller? 13 years 11 months ago #6715

Sweet! good news I am getting ready to go right now so I may have gotten the wrong part.

Re:1960 Sea Kimg 35 HP impeller? 13 years 7 months ago #16594

Any pictures of the boat or work done?

Re:1960 Sea Kimg 35 HP impeller? 13 years 7 months ago #16644

Next time you go to NAPA, ask them for their Marine catalog. If they don't have it at that store, they will get you one from their main store.
old darb

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)