Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: how to get year/model of my new old bellboy

how to get year/model of my new old bellboy 13 years 11 months ago #6368

hi everyone i just joined. i'd really like any help anyone can give me identifying my new (and first ever) boat so i can possibly find a owner's manual or literature on it. i mowed some weeds for a neighbor and he gave me the boat.

it is a bell boy 16' (on a trailer) with a 1960 johnson 75 on it and DMW stickers from 1995, the last year it seems to have been registered. the boat is white with a yellow deck, and it has a nicely curved one-piece windshield, little car-style ('59 ford?) rear fenders, and a bimini cover (tattered of course) but that may be aftermarket, although the white metal tubing seems to match the boats paint. the boat is white hull, yellow deck. the fenders are faded and have peeling fabric which may have been gray.

i cannot find any hull ID, but i hear hull IDs were not required by law until 1974. the johnson 75 may well be the first and only motor the boat has ever had, so that may be a clue for someone. not me. here are a couple photos. thank you in advance, anyone who can shed light!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:how to get year/model of my new old bellboy 13 years 11 months ago #6370

bellboy your pics may be too big,you may have to make them smaller to post,also you have to browse and submit one picture at a time,then hit the edit button and add pics one at a time the same way,i sure would like to see it,john,ps by the way when you say rear fenders ,do you mean the rear fins.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:how to get year/model of my new old bellboy 13 years 11 months ago #6371

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Bellboy, this thread may help you out on the pic sizing.....
www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/support/pic-sizing
Someone will surely help you out with your quest for info, the pics will help a bunch.

Morning John

Mark

Re:how to get year/model of my new old bellboy 13 years 11 months ago #6373

bellboy,you also might look in the "glassic library"for your boat just click on it at the op of the page ,then look uo bellboy and click on that,you will probably find it there.
morning mark ive been up since 2 am,cant sleep,chest pains every night,darn i ust be getting old,lol.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.175 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'