• Page:

TOPIC: any suggestions?

any suggestions? 13 years 11 months ago #6163

• TNriver
  • TNriver's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I was thinking I might just sand cast new hardware unless someone has a better idea
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:any suggestions? 13 years 11 months ago #6167

someone here has a thing where you can send in you hard ware and have it recromed...

(sure am thinking I fludge the spelling on that spell check kicked it back with nothing close, sorry)

Re:any suggestions? 13 years 11 months ago #6173

• classicfins
  • Away
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
This stuff works pretty good but is expensive. A friend of mine used some on an art project a while back and it looks like the real thing.

Doug

www.sprayonchrome.com/index2.html?OVRAW=plastic%20chrome&OVKEY=plastic%20chrome&OVMTC=standard&OVADID=2071201021&OVKWID=19491253521&OVCAMPGID=430228521&OVADGRPID=1253034909&OVNDID=ND1

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:any suggestions? 13 years 11 months ago #6177

you can alway sandblast it then powder coat it they have some really nice chrome powder coating i know cause i used to powder coat

Re:any suggestions? 13 years 11 months ago #6178

i just ordered a free dvd from that spray coat company,by the way tn river your dog looks like a wolf i used to have,nice looking dog.
Attachments:

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:any suggestions? 13 years 11 months ago #6184

My recommendation is similar to the others - sandplast, apply heavy primer, usually a 2 part epoxy primer, then use a spray chrome. Many other vendors have spray chrome including duplicolor, PPG and www.alsacorp.com/ among others. the finish is bright, but looks like semipolished aluminum or nickel plate more than chrome (which has that blue like look). However, it is cheap, and looks good and you can do it yourself. Many aluminum wheel manufacturers find this sprayed finish acceptable as a replacement to polished aluminum - my daughter's jeep grand cherokee came with sprayed chrome aluminum wheels from the factory. it is definitely a way to go for bright finish for reasonable expense. and needless to say, they also have silver finishes to simulate aluminum too.

Re:any suggestions? 13 years 11 months ago #6198

• TNriver
  • TNriver's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
thanks everyone! John thanks! Im not sure what kind of mutt she is (chow and collie I think). Shes got a lot of wolf personality traits too, but she only weighs 40lbs so I don't know. Thanks again for the advice everyone.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)