Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What do you do with them when its too far gone ???

What do you do with them when its too far gone ??? 13 years 11 months ago #6042

• KeithG
  • KeithG's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I picked this beauty up today for the magic price FREE but only wanted the trailer so where do you dispose of what is left over if it really has no value anyone have any idea where to send it to its final resting place??

Top results I came up with and unfortunate fire,Take it to the lake late at night and drop it in me and the brother in law in SC filled one full of holes to see how long it would take to sink LOL
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:What do you do with them when its too far gone ??? 13 years 11 months ago #6044

Sawzall - small pieces, in the trash barrel.

Re:What do you do with them when its too far gone ??? 13 years 11 months ago #6045

• KeithG
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
That may be its final resting place if it was older and more neat I would save it but its not even very attrative Oh well nice trailer

Re:What do you do with them when its too far gone ??? 13 years 11 months ago #6046

• KeithG
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I have to pick up this Beauty tomorrow
Attachments:

Re:What do you do with them when its too far gone ??? 13 years 11 months ago #6047

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
NOW you're talkin'! ;)

(Bye bye "Baby")

Mark

Re:What do you do with them when its too far gone ??? 13 years 11 months ago #6051

Sort of a take off on the Christmas Vacation line...."It was an ugly boat (tree) anyway." Whoever invented bow riders ought to be shot. Boats are suppose to have decks forward; whalers and center consoles excluded. IMHO.

Re:What do you do with them when its too far gone ??? 13 years 11 months ago #6053

I took an I/O version of one of those on trade last summer. I knew it was going to see the sawzall. Figured the trailer & MerCruiser were worth it.

Previous owner had put a new floor over the old rotted one. Funny thing was that in the companionway he stuck a brick in the foam to support the floor. We use the brick as a door stop.

Re:What do you do with them when its too far gone ??? 13 years 11 months ago #6056

• JAG
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Basically what makes that type of boat so darn ugly is the square windshield. Had the built them with a nice curved windshield we would not be calling it ugly, maybe not beautiful, but not ugly.
JAG

Re:What do you do with them when its too far gone ??? 13 years 11 months ago #6057

crosbyboat wrote:

Sort of a take off on the Christmas Vacation line...."It was an ugly boat (tree) anyway." Whoever invented bow riders ought to be shot. Boats are suppose to have decks forward; whalers and center consoles excluded. IMHO.

Brian,

I bought my 1st boat in '79 and have had too many since. Finally bought a bow rider in 2004 when I got my Switzer 183B (bowrider). I had wanted a 183 for 30 years. In a perfect world it would have been a 183R (closed bow runabout, same hull).
Attachments:

Re:What do you do with them when its too far gone ??? 13 years 11 months ago #6060

I love my Bowrider.
Attachments:

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:What do you do with them when its too far gone ??? 13 years 11 months ago #6063

• KeithG
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I thought about saving it you know they say Rednecks like shiny things but it just aint shiny enough for me lol
or in the words of Darnell in christine you cant polish a terd LOL

Re:What do you do with them when its too far gone ??? 13 years 11 months ago #6066

Some of my customers use a product called "Shine B Gone" ...makes your boat look like old!

Re:What do you do with them when its too far gone ??? 13 years 11 months ago #6072

Sell it to some newbie...like me and then change your email address!
:angry:
How about a nautical planter?

The Scottsman
Scottish by birth, American by law,
Texan by the grace of God.

Arrogant Judgemental and Insulting 13 years 11 months ago #6076

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Very disappointing when "heroes" fall off the pedestal face first! :S Insulting someone else's choice of boats is (IMHO) much like insulting someone else's choice of wife/girlfriend/whatever. Different opinions are one of the things that make life interesting, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If all bows/windshields/boats in general were designed the same, it would be pretty boring. To express your opinion in a manner that belittles someone else's says something (NOT GOOD) about the person(s) making the statement.

Just my two cents worth, I'm entitled to my opinion, right?!

PS - As stated in earlier posts, I like your bowrider too, Doug.

Mark

Re:What do you do with them when its too far gone ??? 13 years 11 months ago #6088

I bought a boat and trailer, just for the trailer, a while back. I ended up donating the boat to a local sailing program. I would think that either a boating program or some kids camp (or something like that) would appreciate the donation.

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:What do you do with them when its too far gone ??? 13 years 11 months ago #6089

I like a bow rider and I have a few to prove it.

I agree with John that the squared off windshield doesn't enhance the appearance of the boat - but they were done for a reason...hard to see how they could make a curved screen that would open in the middle.

I take hulls to a local landfill where it costs $38 to dispose of them.

Peter
You can't save them all
in Denver [img] This one isn't the same boat as the first one shown [img]Http://www.fiberglassics.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/3nb3pa3l05V05O65P6a3s7230f22d6d37187c.jpg
Attachments:

Re:What do you do with them when its too far gone ??? 13 years 11 months ago #6091

• KeithG
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
You all have some beauties Mine will look good some day I keep getting more derelicts like I have a flag on my head that says this guy needs more junk LOL I personally like both the kids and wife like the open bow (if it ever gets in the water) I think personally that by the late 70s they all started to look alot alike where in the 50s and 60s they all had so many differences may just be the square windshield I really dont know but all vessels are beautiful to somebody or else they would not have made it off the showroom floor.

Re:What do you do with them when its too far gone ??? 13 years 11 months ago #6093

Peter was is this great looking boat? I really like it

Re:What do you do with them when its too far gone 13 years 11 months ago #6094

I would offer it back up on Craigslist as a freebie for someone else. Someone may like a project boat of their own. Looks to be in basically good condition - skin is intact and windshield & hardware appear to be there. I've started projects with less!

If it is truly beyond saving, I'd strip the hardware off (people are ALWAYS looking for windshields, etc. for various boats) and cut it up. I did that with a wrecked Starcraft I acquired a few years ago for the motor & trailer. The bottom was stove in, so I cut it up and slipped it into the trash a few pieces at a time.

- Scott

Re:What do you do with them when its too far gone ??? 13 years 11 months ago #6095

Actually, here's another thought. You've all seen the buildings with rack storage of boats. One of the problems with them is that there is no idea how to protect them from fire. A recent study done by the National Fire Protection Association concluded that they need to conduct full-scale fire tests in order the find out how they burn and to come up with protection requirements. This is obviously going to involve burning boats. I have already offered to review any boats collected for such testing to make sure nothing of historical significance is destroyed (I might have enough connections to actually do that.)

So next time you see one, think that there is currently no way known to reasonably control a fire in there.

However, this bowrider looks in too good shape and would be better off at a camp....

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:What do you do with them when its too far gone ??? 13 years 11 months ago #6103

Which one? The last one in the set is a '66 Johnson Seasport if that's the one you mean. I like them as well - they have a three point almost hydrofoil - hull.

You can see literature here
omcboats.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=110

Peter
in Denver

Re:What do you do with them when its too far gone 13 years 11 months ago #6106

I don't even want to think about the toxins that would be released by purposely burning a glass boat...

Re:What do you do with them when its too far gone ??? 13 years 11 months ago #6108

• KeithG
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Here is what you get after she burns this guy wants $350 for it and you dont get the trailer I should burn it out some LOL
Attachments:

Re:What do you do with them when its too far gone ??? 13 years 11 months ago #6128

Here you go the perfect "green" solution:

;)

The Scottsman

Re:What do you do with them when its too far gone ??? 13 years 11 months ago #6129

• KeithG
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
That is too good nice use of a boat I just gave away my Glaspar Avalon to a local green house and he is building a deck inside it to put flowers in and have a boat load sale he was tickled to get it

Re:What do you do with them when its too far gone ??? 13 years 11 months ago #6187

Hey-

I think I just saw your baby go down the road!!! You must live close by us.... have you ever stopped by to see our old fiberglass? ( at Wallys...corner of troy rd and upper valley) small world...
thanks N2

Re:What do you do with them when its too far gone ??? 13 years 11 months ago #6192

here's an option from SSI

Re:What do you do with them when its too far gone ??? 13 years 11 months ago #6201

This is like "Fargo" for boats! :ohmy:

The Scottsman

Re:What do you do with them when its too far gone ??? 13 years 11 months ago #6232

• KeithG
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
baby went to another owner put it on craigslist and it found someone who thinks they want to fix it so more power too them. Glad its gone got the trailer all fixed up now to find something to put on it or sell it not sure yet.

Re:What do you do with them when its too far gone ??? 13 years 11 months ago #6233

• KeithG
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Yep that was me pulling the junker boat with my Dodge Caravan I will have to stop by some time and see your stuff I have seen it from the road I live in lawrenceville and my garage is the corner of dialton and ballentine Pk

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.297 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)