• Page:

TOPIC: Newbie needs Starcraft Help

Newbie needs Starcraft Help 13 years 11 months ago #5965

• Guilly
  • Guilly's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey, hope I'm not posting this to the wrong forum. I have a fiberglass hull Starcraft and am trying to figure out what it is. Can't find a hull number, but there is a plate near the steering wheel on the starboard side. All of the paint is missing, but the number 1016416 is stamped on it. Is this a serial number? The owner thought it was a 70 or 73, but really didn't know much about it. I can post more pictures tomorrow when I get to a faster computer. It has a 1963 Evinrude Speeditwin outboard installed. Any help would be great, my FIRST PROJECT BOAT!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Newbie needs Starcraft Help 13 years 11 months ago #5969

• classicfins
  • Away
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Not sure, but it looks to be more like a mid 60's to me. Someone that knows more = will chime in soon I am sure.

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:Newbie needs Starcraft Help 13 years 11 months ago #5989

i think its around a 63 or 64,my seaking cruiser (built by starcraft )had the same stepped laptrake hull only bigger.it was a 64 ,i wish i had a straight on pic of it,it looks like your profile pic.take a look at this red 64 seaking,it looks alot like yours,john
Attachments:

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Newbie needs Starcraft Help 13 years 11 months ago #6007

Drop an email to starcraft. They were really nice and sent me a copy out of the 1968 manual for my boat.
Your stern caps look identical to mine even though my boat is vastly different. Mine is a 1968 Daytona TR-17.

Re:Newbie needs Starcraft Help 13 years 11 months ago #6014

I concur - the boat looks much more 1960s style than 1970s. Starcraft had gone to the Waltman B. Walters designed V-hull on their glass boats by about 1969-1970.

Speaking of stern caps - I have one, port side cap that looks a lot like the one on the blue Starcraft above. Anyone need it?
- Scott
Attachments:

Re:Newbie needs Starcraft Help 13 years 11 months ago #6185

All of the Starcraft brochures are at forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=349830
click on the years, then click on the pages. Hope this helps.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)