Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at?

silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 14 years 3 days ago #5806

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
we just got rooms at ,park lake motel,1 mile from the lake,we were going to go to kozieals,but the owner didnt call me back,but we will visit them while we are there,they were great people,and it was mr kozieal that lead us to the sunray.so where is everybody else staying,park lake still has rooms.john

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 14 years 3 days ago #5811

john, we're staying at a cabin a few doors down from tim. we have a dock if you want to tie somethin up overnite. i have to be in batavia,n.y, about 20 miles away for dialysis on friday morning. then fun and games till monday a.m. ron

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 14 years 3 days ago #5813

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
vuyosevich wrote:

john, we're staying at a cabin a few doors down from tim. we have a dock if you want to tie somethin up overnite. i have to be in batavia,n.y, about 20 miles away for dialysis on friday morning. then fun and games till monday a.m. ron

ron i dont think the motor will be ready by then,heck im just happy if i have the sunray painted by then,ive been pretty busy on the porch ,along with steve my father in law,hes layed most of the block,and with my heart and emphysema,im not much of a laboror,lol,but im trying.
the guy who ownes the hotel live right around the corner and said we could put the lowboy with the boat at his house,hes a very nice guy.,good luck in batavia,by the way my wife is originaly from just outside of batavia,and has some family there.
as for the drive in on friday night,did you guys know that the car cruise is on thursdays?john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 14 years 3 days ago #5817

If we make it, we will probably throw our camping stuff in da boat and stay in a tent.

Frank

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 14 years 3 days ago #5820

no...dave said friday nite. if its thursday we aren't arriving until around 6 pm.and i will be tired from 6 hrs of driving, so we are just going to hang around the cabin on thursday nite.

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 14 years 2 days ago #5843

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
ron i looked at their website at the drive in and it said thursday night cruise in,ill look again,we are'nt coming up until friday morning,frank im glad your coming ,bring your cat it looks great,john

---Mark Twain

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 14 years 2 days ago #5845

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
this is the calendar for the drive-in it must have changed nights for the cruise.ok that didnt work,here is the link,john
charcoalcorral.com/w3/index.php/calendar/

---Mark Twain

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 14 years 2 days ago #5856

Yep, Cruise in night is Thursday.

Thought we'd bring the boats up Friday anyway just to publicize the meet a little.

I won't be up until Friday either.

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 14 years 2 days ago #5860

We would be there Friday if we come. I already have the day off, and the Power Cat is coming right along, so who knows? Maybe you'll see us in a month...

Frank

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 14 years 1 day ago #5949

frank, between the three of us,(dave,you,and i) maybe someone can beat that g-3. lol, ron

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 14 years 1 day ago #5958

If I can get my boat done, I'll be there. I think I can, I think I can...

Maybe even if it's not done. Certainly the deck paint will need to be re-done someday.

Frank

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 14 years 1 day ago #5991

tentatively...

I gonna bring my one man tent, gonna find a carry in carry out NY State game land where I can "camp-out", so far got the girls being with sitter and George hopefully will go over to my brothers...

it looks like I will be free Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

hopefully in between now and then I be able to make up some samples of the navicards to show off if any one is interested, a bag or two of charcoal and the cooler.

problem is a camera, so EVERYONE that is going bring your hires cameras for you water pics can get made into a Navicard if you like what you see..

my camera is not hires and Genny is taking the 10.2 to the races...of course I will be taking usable...pictures but I like the superdupper blow me away hires...

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 14 years 1 day ago #5992

hires......isn't that rootbeer?

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 13 years 11 months ago #6671

well...not really..but

in my own little "world" I have some great views of silver lake..
Attachments:

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 13 years 11 months ago #6675

Where can we camp? Do I need to make reservations?

Frank

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 13 years 11 months ago #6692

frank, dave knows where the camping is. he will chime in. ron

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 13 years 11 months ago #6703

Cool. Busy day.

F

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 13 years 11 months ago #6718

Wood Stream Campsite is just a few minutes away, you would need reservations most likely just to be safe.

Or you could stay by us at Kozials. They have some pretty "rustic" cottages that they may rent out cheap if they are not booked. They weren't booked last time I checked.
Attachments:

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 13 years 11 months ago #6729

right above the funliner in that pic is where gibby found the thunderbird chief, in the weeds. also got that pontoon to the left of the canal.

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 13 years 11 months ago #6734

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
vuyosevich wrote:

right above the funliner in that pic is where gibby found the thunderbird chief, in the weeds. also got that pontoon to the left of the canal.

here it is a 59 thunderbird chief,it our next project,also pics of the pontoon.we also bought the sunray near there,john
Attachments:

---Mark Twain

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 13 years 11 months ago #6740

cc1000 wrote:

Wood Stream Campsite is just a few minutes away, you would need reservations most likely just to be safe.

Or you could stay by us at Kozials. They have some pretty "rustic" cottages that they may rent out cheap if they are not booked. They weren't booked last time I checked.

Thanks Dave, maybe today I can get some reservations at that campground. I wouldn't mind doing the Kozials thing too. Maybe I'll give them a jingle.

W. Henrietta this a.m., Buffalo before noon, Fredonia for graduation ceremonies at 2, back to Buffalo for the night, off and back to All Baloney in da a.m.

Frank

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 13 years 11 months ago #7093

john-gibson wrote:

we just got rooms at ,park lake motel,1 mile from the lake,we were going to go to kozieals,but the owner didnt call me back,but we will visit them while we are there,they were great people,and it was mr kozieal that lead us to the sunray.so where is everybody else staying,park lake still has rooms.john

Boy John, how in heck did you get a room at the Park Lane Motel? I called the number and was referred to their web site for reservations, but they had a cell # to call. I'd rather call than use the web, so called. It went to voice mail. Hmmm, maybe I'll try the web. So I got on their web site and reservations are made by emailing "info" whoever that is! I guess we'll see what happens. I decided I didn't want to camp out...

Bad news about my seats; they're on backorder, 4-6 weeks from shipping. Need to do something else in the meantime I guess 'cause Gail wants those red & white seats.

Frank

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 13 years 11 months ago #7096

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
frank,yeah we had to do the same thng,the guys name is tom,hes a real nice guy,even koziels recomened this place,its 70 a night,lorraine and i lucked out nd got the only one with a microwave and refridgerator.
tell him your with us and the boat meet.
its a shame about your seats,they are fantastic.

---Mark Twain

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 13 years 11 months ago #7097

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
frank i just left a message for tom on his cell,i told him you wanted a room,he is supposed to call me back,john

---Mark Twain

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 13 years 11 months ago #7099

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
john-gibson wrote:

frank i just left a message for tom on his cell,i told him you wanted a room,he is supposed to call me back,john

frank tom just called me back and he has rooms left,he said to just put your name and phone# in an email,and he will get back to,hes not there now hes on the road.

---Mark Twain

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 13 years 11 months ago #7107

I did all that John (email and info), thanks for the tips, it's just good to know Tom's a good guy! (Wouldn't be Tom Beaudette would he? :) )

I agree, a shame about the seats. Coulda had white shipped today, but the little woman is holdin firm for those red & white ones...

Frank

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 13 years 11 months ago #7138

i agree with her. :)

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 13 years 11 months ago #7142

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
They're going to be worth the wait, Frank! They will look so sharp in your boat, the plain white ones would remind you that you "settled for less" every time you looked at them, IMHO.

In the meantime, can you mount the fiberglass shells and maybe find some padded inserts for them? I remember back in my "dune buggy days", a lot of guys bought the plain fiberglass shell seats and purchased a padded insert that either slipped over the ends or snapped in. I think Summit or Jegs or somebody like that still carries them. Back in the day we got 'em from Scat, or Johnny's Speed and Chrome......Just a thought. You can always put them on craig's list and recoup some of your money when you're new ones come in.

Hope Y'all have a blast at the meet, wish I was close enough to come meet everybody. Maybe some year.....(sigh) LOL

Mark

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 13 years 11 months ago #7160

I don't agree fellas. I have a white interior, and white seats are always cool, literally and figuratively. Plus my bottom would be comfortable. Instead, I'll be sitting in these:

I'd feel different if all I could get was blue or gray or burgundy or tan, but white would look great.

One of these seats is cracked (not the one pictured) right where your tush goes. I guess when I do my glass work on the boat tonight or tomorrow I will see if I can fix it with a bit of mat and resin. Or just leave it like it is and put it on the passenger side? :laugh: I think I'll paint them white.

Frank
Attachments:

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 13 years 11 months ago #7171

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
frank,i also like the red and white seats,but thats just my opinion,i think it will be worth the wait .
tom called me yeaterday and said he was trying to get ahold of you,he said he emailed you,he said you will have the room next to us or my mom and her fiance ,ed,it will be nice to be together,i cant wait to see you all.john
and mark i wish you could come with us too bud.

---Mark Twain

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 13 years 11 months ago #7174

Yeah, I called Tom last night when I got home from my buddy's garage. Took the little woman's car up to change the oil and filter, and rotate the tires. Didn't get home till 7:30 or so. He told me he had me next door to you, and I asked if it was on the ground floor. My physical condition makes it difficult at times to climb steps. We'll see how it goes when we get there. Tom said he could put me on the first floor if it's a problem. Real nice fella.

Got my hands full this weekend trying to get the boat done at least enough to splash it and maybe go boating a bit. We'll see. gonna be a lot of stuff outside of seats that need to get done, but most all of it can wait.

Frank

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 13 years 11 months ago #7177

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
frank ,yeah i know what you mean my knees are going on me too,plus the heart condition,i hate steps,lol.
yeah tom seems like a real nice guy.
i also know what you mean about the boat i have the whole boat to do before silver lake meet,but im trying to at least get it painted and some of the interior in it,i know the motor wont be ready yet.

---Mark Twain

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 13 years 11 months ago #7179

I've had three knee surgeries, so they aren't in top shape John. My primary problem relates to a continuing deteriorating back condition that affects the sciatic nerve in my right leg. I can go down stairs and slopes no problem. Going up is a bit more of a concern. Tom tells me these steps are easy, so we'll see. I can usually do them okay as long as I do one at a time.

I really want to try the boat out here before heading for Silver Lake. I think I can.

Take care buddy!

Frank

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 13 years 11 months ago #7196

john...ask tim for a loaner. i'm sure he has a 1000 laying around.
Attachments:

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 13 years 11 months ago #7198

well merc fired right up on the old gas. ran at idle for 15 min.nice and smooth. this week i'll shoo-goo the sponson keels for protection while beaching at silver lake.
Attachments:

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 13 years 11 months ago #7209

vuyosevich wrote:

frank, between the three of us,(dave,you,and i) maybe someone can beat that g-3. lol, ron

I don't think anyone of us at least is going to beat the G-3 this year. We are gonna try some new props out on it. He want's to go faster...lol.

vuyosevich wrote:

well merc fired right up on the old gas. ran at idle for 15 min.nice and smooth. this week i'll shoo-goo the sponson keels for protection while beaching at silver lake.

Ron, Shoe goo? Really?

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 13 years 11 months ago #7213

Whose G3 we talking about, and what's it runnin?

Frank

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 13 years 11 months ago #7221

PC1000 wrote:

Whose G3 we talking about, and what's it runnin?

Frank

Ben, AKA G3Ben over on NCC:

http://www.nicklecityclassics.com/apps/profile/43482297/

"About Me
I have a 1961 Centerdeck G3 with a 1964 merc 650. Update: soon to be a merc 1000"

He was doing better than 50 with his son driving. The thing was practically airborne most of the time...lol.

Attachments:

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 13 years 11 months ago #7222

Fascinating Dave. I have no clue what I'll run with my 300# boat, but it might hit 50. Silver Lake may be my first time to stretch my legs with it. I would dearly like more power, and a later model motor (like 2010).

Frank

Re:silver lake ,ny,where is everybody staying at? 13 years 11 months ago #7252

PC1000 wrote:

Fascinating Dave. I have no clue what I'll run with my 300# boat, but it might hit 50. Silver Lake may be my first time to stretch my legs with it. I would dearly like more power, and a later model motor (like 2010).

Frank

Yep, my dream would be to take that Delta Ray that is available and put a newer Merc 250 on it and jack it to the moon.

I believe it would be the fastest Custom Craft in the world hands down.

Just got to hit the lottery...lol.

Dave in sunny Buffalo

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.406 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady