Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What is this?

What is this? 14 years 2 days ago #5323

I picked up this boat today for free off Craigslist. Georgia DNR says it is a 14'6" 1959 Holiday. I have never heard of this manufacturer and can't find anything about them on Google.

The hull and transom are solid. All controls work perfectly. Any information about this boat would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:What is this? 14 years 2 days ago #5324

Gee, if the hull and transom are solid, clean her up, buff it out and take it for a spin! I suppose ya need a motor for it? What are the controls, merc of jrude? How's the floors in it? Cool lookin boat whatever it is! Good luck with it.

Frank

Re:What is this? 14 years 2 days ago #5325

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Im pretty sure that hull will polich up real nice. The only Holiday boat I know of is a glasscraft holiday but that is not it so im not sure. It is a keeper though....Mike

Re:What is this? 14 years 2 days ago #5326

The controls are Merc.
I've got my 7 year old tossing leaves out of it now. The floor is very solid!

Re:What is this? 14 years 2 days ago #5327

Looks like a short shaft, can be hard to find vintage, but they are out there. A good source a lot of times is to go to a few AOMCI ( www.aomci.org/ ) meets around your area. Also, they have a webvertising area on their web site for old motors and such.

Good luck!

Frank

Re:What is this? 14 years 2 days ago #5330

Welcome aboard! Great looking boat. I've seen a couple of Holidays over the years but don't have any info on them. A 35-45 horse should make that thing scoot on pretty good.

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:What is this? 14 years 2 days ago #5333

after alot of searching these are what i could come up withfrom the fg site,it seems holiday was a boat manufactuer,but what model you have im not sure ,ill keep looking,john
Attachments:

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:What is this? 14 years 2 days ago #5335

here is a brochure that lee wangstad posted on another site,if you look at the discription,air scoops were popular on their boats,john
Attachments:

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:What is this? 14 years 2 days ago #5336

Very cool John. Thanks for digging that up for me!
I have found that very few people have heard of Holiday. I know I hadn't before today.

Re:What is this? 14 years 2 days ago #5339

your welcome,in my 1st reply only the 1st brochure matters,the other 2 dont they are differnt boat makers,john p.s.i think peter crowl may know more about holiday boats then i can come upwith,hes very knowledgable,and was in on lee wangstads posts.

---Mark Twain

Re:What is this? 14 years 2 days ago #5346

There were two, possibly three makers of boats branded as "Holiday": Holiday Plastics of Kansas City, KS; Chrisbank Corp. of Kissimmee, FL; and one unknown company likely located in the west (a Fleetform copy badged as Holiday was offered on ebay awhile back).

The Classic Boat Library has now been updated:

www.fiberglassics.com/library/Holiday

I would say you have a 100 or 110 model by Holiday Plastics. Here are some Craigslist(?) photos of what was supposedly another 1959 Holiday:
Attachments:

Re:What is this? 14 years 2 days ago #5350

HandyAndy wrote:

There were two, possibly three makers of boats branded as "Holiday": Holiday Plastics of Kansas City, KS; Chrisbank Corp. of Kissimmee, FL; and one unknown company likely located in the west (a Fleetform copy badged as Holiday was offered on ebay awhile back).

The Classic Boat Library has now been updated:

www.fiberglassics.com/library/Holiday

I would say you have a 100 or 110 model by Holiday Plastics. Here are some Craigslist(?) photos of what was supposedly another 1959 Holiday:

That's the ticket. Exact same logo and the curved chromed seat backs are the same. Different model but the same people. Do you have a direct link to that CL post?

Re:What is this? 14 years 1 day ago #5377

Sorry, the Craigslist post might have been a year ago or so- I have a tendency to save photos of obscure boats when they come up and then forget where the photos came from.

Re:What is this? 13 years 11 months ago #6438

My guess is a 1959 Holiday 110, like this. Sorry, took a while to find the catalog, it was misfiled in the "H" file rather than the "Holiday" file. Gettin' too old for this stuff.

Lee Wangstad
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)