Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Drug home a couple of freebies today...

Drug home a couple of freebies today... 14 years 1 week ago #4700

• classicfins
  • classicfins's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
I brought home a couple of freebies today. One is an old 70's 14 or 15 foot Invader tri-hull with an 85 horse electric shift Evinrude on the back. I'll pull the motor and add to the collection, save the trailer, and scrape the old hull.

The other is a 19' 70's Aristocraft Nineteen hardtop. I used to have one of these boats years ago and loved it. My first one had a 165 Mercruiser 6cyl, but the one I brought home today has a 4cyl Mercruiser. I will part out/trash the motor and outdrive since I want to eventually update it to a newer model V8 once when I find a suitable doner boat. Anyway, here's some pics of the Aristocraft before, and after a quick clean up. sorta... lol. Mainly I was trying to clean out the leaves and junk and spray it down a bit to see what shape she was in. Other than a lot of stains from sitting under pine trees for the last 10-15 years the old boat's pretty solid. :)

Doug

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:Drug home a couple of freebies today... 14 years 1 week ago #4701

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Nice find, Doug! And the price is RIGHT.

Mark

Re: Drug home a couple of freebies today... 14 years 1 week ago #4702

That is a nice find I got a old party liner

Re:Drug home a couple of freebies today... 14 years 1 week ago #4705

Hot dog Doug - That 'Risto cleaned up pretty nice. Hope you saved the mulch ya scooped outta' there - makes nice potting soil ;^)

Nothing like the look & comfort of a hardtop.

PS - is anybody making the double bubble for the Razorback? I finally cleaned up mine & dropped a '58 Lark that was laying out back on it. Looks cute on there.
Attachments:

Re:Drug home a couple of freebies today... 14 years 1 week ago #4706

Hot dog Doug - That 'Risto cleaned up pretty nice. Hope you saved the mulch ya scooped outta' there - makes nice potting soil ;^)

Nothing like the look & comfort of a hardtop.

PS - is anybody making the double bubble for the Razorback? I finally cleaned up mine & dropped a '58 Lark that was laying out back on it. Looks cute on there.
Attachments:

Re:Drug home a couple of freebies today... 14 years 1 week ago #4707

Good score Doug! Keep us posted on how ya make out.

Frank

Re:Drug home a couple of freebies today... 14 years 1 week ago #4709

Doug,
Love the Nineteen. I think it was all fiberglass, no wood to rot, so that should make the re-do easier. I think you can still get the seat skins w/ logo from Aristocraft. Don't know much about the whether the foam flotation would be waterlogged or not. It will go really nicely with a v-8 in it. Nice find.
Paul

Re:Drug home a couple of freebies today... 14 years 1 week ago #4714

• demon
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Yup, with only 10 boats listed in your profile you really needed a couple more boats! Seriously, that Aristo is a beauty. That 165hp is an awesome motor. You could part it out easilly. It has a Ford 460 head and a closed cooling system.

Re:Drug home a couple of freebies today... 14 years 1 week ago #4716

wow thats a cool boat and it cleaned up nicely,where do you live,ill be by tommorrow to pick it up,lol,lol.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Drug home a couple of freebies today... 14 years 1 week ago #4720

• classicfins
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Bruce Gerard wrote:

Bruce, I don't know of anyone making the windsheilds the Fury uses, but as long as you have the old one you could have one made. Del, (Herters59) has a windshield guy that can do the job but you would have to freight it to MN and back.

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:Drug home a couple of freebies today... 14 years 1 week ago #4721

• classicfins
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
boatman wrote:

Doug,
Love the Nineteen. I think it was all fiberglass, no wood to rot, so that should make the re-do easier. I think you can still get the seat skins w/ logo from Aristocraft. Don't know much about the whether the foam flotation would be waterlogged or not. It will go really nicely with a v-8 in it. Nice find.
Paul

I am thinking this model is all 'glass too. One good thing is that even after sitting all these years there was no water draining once I got it out of it's spot and on a slope. As soon as we took the water hose to it water started pouring out freely so hopefully it's been draining ok all these years. Everything in it seems really solid so far, even the transom.

Re:Drug home a couple of freebies today... 14 years 1 week ago #4722

• classicfins
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Thanks for all the positive comments guys. This one will be a while down the road, but I'm going to start gathering parts and getting a game plan. I think it will be a nice cruiser for the wife and grandkids once she's done.
Doug

Re:Drug home a couple of freebies today... 14 years 1 week ago #4788

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
DOUG: GOOD SCORE. Sort of jealous of the Aristo . Bill Turner would be proud of ya .
. These are a nifty picnic boat . Shade or some rain protection will add to a all day cruise.
. Great find .! Maybe the 4cyl will fire up , or at least evaluate cond if you sell / trade.? Prop & trailer included.?
.You must have gone to church twice last week . Nice pics, pleas post some more updates or clean ups.

Re:Drug home a couple of freebies today... 14 years 1 week ago #4789

• jim bart
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
So, where does one go to find freebees like this?
Must be like the "American Pickers" knocking door to door?

Congrats on the finds!

Re:Drug home a couple of freebies today... 14 years 1 week ago #4791

• classicfins
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
jim_bart wrote:

So, where does one go to find freebees like this?
Must be like the "American Pickers" knocking door to door?

Congrats on the finds!

Just ride around and knock on doors. What makes me sick about this Aristocraft is that I knew the boat from about 18 years ago and it was pristine. Then someone else ended up with it. :(

Re:Drug home a couple of freebies today... 14 years 1 week ago #4799

i always thouht that would be a good name for a boat"priss teen",lol,boy i really like that boat great score but like i siad before give me your address ,ill pick it up tommorrow,lol,lol.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Drug home a couple of freebies today... 14 years 1 week ago #4803

• classicfins
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
john-gibson wrote:

i always thouht that would be a good name for a boat"priss teen",lol,boy i really like that boat great score but like i siad before give me your address ,ill pick it up tommorrow,lol,lol.

Thanks for the offer John, but I think I'll hang onto it a while. lol

Re:Drug home a couple of freebies today... 14 years 1 week ago #4821

If you go to Del for a windshield I can bring him mine. since I live close It will save you shipping one way and maybe some time.

Re:Drug home a couple of freebies today... 14 years 1 week ago #4899

Way to score Doug!!! That is a super sweet boat nad it cleaned up nice. Cant wait to see it when you get done.

Re:Drug home a couple of freebies today... 14 years 1 week ago #4906

classic,
check this out .............
forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=369598

there are many pictures of aristocrafts here, and there is much info (2 forum pages worth)

you being a mod. please forgive me if sending you to another forum is WRONG!!
just passing on info

woosterken

Re:Drug home a couple of freebies today... 14 years 1 week ago #4910

• classicfins
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
woosterken wrote:

classic,
check this out .............
forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=369598

there are many pictures of aristocrafts here, and there is much info (2 forum pages worth)

you being a mod. please forgive me if sending you to another forum is WRONG!!
just passing on info

woosterken

Great thread Woosterken! Thanks for posting. So, this is what mine should look like. I like it!
Attachments:

Re:Drug home a couple of freebies today... 13 years 10 months ago #10186

Doug, May I ask you what your plan is for putting a V8 into the AristoCraft? I have a Nineteen and will be exchanging the inline 6 for a V8. My plan is to add stringers to attach the side motor mounts to. Should the stingers be tied into the transom? I am in the process of cutting the deck out to take care of water soaked foam. Any advice would be appreciated.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)