Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 59 Glastron Fireflite Seats

59 Glastron Fireflite Seats 14 years 2 weeks ago #4432

I'm restoring '59 Glastron Fireflite this summer. Looking for anyone who had either original seats or replicas of originals to get template measurements etc. I welcome any help, pictures, measurements and oh BTW - if you know anyone who can emboss the original Glastron logo into the seats - that would be awesome - lol
thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:59 Glastron Fireflite Seats 14 years 2 weeks ago #4433

I once owned a 59 FireFlite. Sold it to Peter Crowl. He sold it to someone else. It did have seats in it. Can't tell you where it is now.

regards
lar

Re:59 Glastron Fireflite Seats 14 years 2 weeks ago #4436

If no luck here, try the Classic Glastron Owners Association.

Re:59 Glastron Fireflite Seats 14 years 2 weeks ago #4452

thanks for letting me know - maybe they will see it here and contact me - ya think?

Re:59 Glastron Fireflite Seats 14 years 2 weeks ago #4453

been there - they removed the owners lists a few years ago - used to have contact alongside type of boat owned

Re:59 Glastron Fireflite Seats 14 years 2 weeks ago #4458

Not likely, best bet is to drop by the CGOA.
When I had mine, and asked q's over there, I found the roll of members who had experience with them were few.

Drop by Bigfinboats.com I think Jerry Gillikson (spelling) hangs out there, has a skiflite and I suspect the seats are similar

Re:59 Glastron Fireflite Seats 14 years 2 weeks ago #4470

I'm currently restoring a 59 Surflite. I believe yours has a rear bench, whereas mine has a two lengthwise benches.
The front seat may be the same. I will be doing my seats in the next month or so. If you give me dimensions & they are the same as mine, I'll send you a pattern.
I spoke with SMS Auto Fabrics ( Canby OR. (503)263-3535) about the embossing, they said they could do it at a reasonable price, but did not quote.
I did purchase the mylar from them for the piping.
The Mylar for the side panels on the hull may still be available from Bob Beers.
How's the transom, floor & underside of deck?
Mine needed extensive work. Here's a few pics ( not my boat)
Cheers
Bill

Re:59 Glastron Fireflite Seats 14 years 6 days ago #5403

Hey thanks - I will call you for template of the front seat 'cause I know it's identical - I had the Surflite as a kid so I know the seats but they won't fit in the Fireflite - suppports are different. Rick P - "Dreamfinder"

Re:59 Glastron Fireflite Seats 14 years 6 days ago #5426

Couple in KY picked up a Fireflite friday & just posted on CGOA earlier today. Can't tell from the pic if the seats are origional but might be?

Correct boatgeek Jerry Gillekson also has a fireflite. If you can't rattle his cage @ Bigfinboats. Try the CGOAMN. He hangs out over there too.

Good luck!

Re:59 Glastron Fireflite Seats 14 years 6 days ago #5427

Btw if you plan on having the logo embossed make absolutely sure you have the right vinyl! Not all types of vinyl are embossable. Most are, but some are not.

Re:59 Glastron Fireflite Seats 13 years 11 months ago #6565

Hey - Thanks to all - got some great info - found a place in Perris CA that claims they can do it all - waiting for estimate - but still need dimensions of the plywood underlayment - if you all have any please let me know. I am reluctant to do it myself cause I don;t have equipment to stretch and tighten enough to replicate the original

Re:59 Glastron Fireflite Seats 13 years 11 months ago #7011

I still am looking for good original seat pictures for 59 Glastron - Fireflite preferred but Surflite will do. I bought myler from Bob Beers a few years ago B4 I even found the boat. Also have a beautifully restored '60 Johnson 40 Short Shaft ready to go. Also, if anyone has the unique front light fixture WITH the flagpole built in - let me know if willing to sell it. Thanks to all

Re:59 Glastron Fireflite Seats 13 years 11 months ago #7031

Here's a couple more of Bob's old Surflite. I could only load two pics last time
Bill
Attachments:

Re:59 Glastron Fireflite Seats 13 years 11 months ago #7032

Now it will only let me load one
OK I give up
Attachments:

Re:59 Glastron Fireflite Seats 13 years 11 months ago #7043

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
dreamfinder wrote:

BTW - if you know anyone who can emboss the original Glastron logo into the seats - that would be awesome - lol
thanks.

There are a number of custom auto upholstery places that do it-

www.smsautofabrics.com/products/seat-materials/seat-embossing.php

I dont have a clue what it would cost, probably a small fortune!

-Andrew

Re:59 Glastron Fireflite Seats 13 years 11 months ago #7086

Thanks BB - that's a great shot - it will help along with some of the others I've found.

Re:59 Glastron Fireflite Seats 13 years 11 months ago #7088

Thanks for the link - I got a price from another shop in CA - they were estimating about $800 ($200 for each piece) if I could get them sample old material (which I have) and actual template measurements along with good pictures. I don't think that's outragious - do you? So, my last step is to find someone with original seats (regardless of upholstery) to gete measurements. Almost there ! Woo Hoo

Re:59 Glastron Fireflite Seats 13 years 11 months ago #7121

I'll try this one more time

OK just e-mail me & I'll send you the other pics

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Bill
Attachments:

Re:59 Glastron Fireflite Seats 13 years 11 months ago #7122

Bill,
I fixed the pic you couldn't get to post in the above messege. Try saving your pics with a .jpg extension and NOT a .jpeg ext.

Doug

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:59 Glastron Fireflite Seats 13 years 11 months ago #7161

Thanks - got both pictures and they are very helpful. You guys are awesome. Gonna post pictures of the restoration and finished product as I progress.

Re:59 Glastron Fireflite Seats 13 years 11 months ago #7162

Great pictures - Now if anybody has good shots of the rear seat of a Fireflite - these are from a Surflite (side seats) - then I would be all set. My memory suggests that the Fireflite rear seat back had some curvature to the side to fit to the "gunwhale" and rear hull shape. Some of the recent redos don't seem to have done that. Wondering if anyone has any recollections of that rear seat and, of course, additional pics. I know I'm being picky but >>>>>>>>> hey gotta try !!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.258 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)