• Page:

TOPIC: Noob with a q.....

Noob with a q..... 14 years 2 weeks ago #4153

• BoatDaddy
  • BoatDaddy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Been lurking here for quite a while and finally decided to register....

Anyhow, my name is Garry and I have come to the realization that I am an addict......in training!! :lol:

So, in my search to satisfy my new found problem, I have found one that I really want - but can't find ANY info on.....so I am hopeful somebody here can educate me.

1953 Clipper Craft 15ft w/ 35 hp Evinrude
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Noob with a q..... 14 years 2 weeks ago #4160

well there always has to be a first step....welcome aboard, grab some coffee kick the feets up a bit sit back and...enjoy your addiction :laugh:

pretty sure someone will pipe in and tell yea about your boat...even this late at night....

mean while, have you toured the library and the merc boat house reports?

Re:Noob with a q..... 14 years 2 weeks ago #4163

oh by the way... look out for the guys who are gonna want you to buy buckets of cheap prop wash on creigs list...

Re:Noob with a q..... 14 years 2 weeks ago #4167

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Welcome out of the addict's closet, Garry. I think you'll find the training goes pretty quickly now! ;) That Clipper Craft looks sweet, and I'm sure someone will help with more info on her, we've got some VERY knowledgeable folks hanging around here.

Oh, and later on if you want to join the OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) club, just say the word. I happen to know the president, he's a heck of a nice guy! :lol:

Just don't let Houston talk you into hanging any banners for him, unless you have some wasp repellent handy. :P

Mark

Re:Noob with a q..... 14 years 2 weeks ago #4168

• BoatDaddy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Lol!! Yeah, I'm good there man...spent 10 years USN....sometime I'll tell ya about how I got called to the Chief Engineers office for sending a booter down to Damage Control Central to tighten the nuts on the DCA.....oh boy, what we did for fun!!! :lol:

Anyhow, I have looked all over the library, and all over the net, and come up empty on this one. I noticed you guys moved to a new board, I used to lurk on the old one too, and this library is still a work in progress...

What is the merc boat house reports? Did I overlook that one?

Re:Noob with a q..... 14 years 2 weeks ago #4169

• MarkS
I think you mean the Boathouse Bulletins, they're on the library page over to the right.....Very interesting reading! (Also a work in progress)

Mark

Re:Noob with a q..... 14 years 2 weeks ago #4179

Oh so you where a swabie hey :ohmy:

Wanna know how many new boots I got to stand "mail buoy watch", get this rain coat on and this garbage bag to put over your head...keep a sharp eye out because I'm looking for a letter from my mama....

an hour or so in the pouring rain, someone would call down to the office and ask me why there was some one standing out on the port catwalk holding on to a garbage bag....

yea had the propwash...then we had "swingers day"...ever see someone try to paint the underside of an aircraft carrier in a boatswain chair...using a roller with a broom handle (or two) ducktaped together and a swinging bucket of haze gray...had to make the lady look pretty for the natives.

Re:Noob with a q..... 14 years 2 weeks ago #4208

I knew my wife was not the only one who uses the OCD word. If she had any idea how many, boy would I be in trouble.

Gilligan

Re:Noob with a q..... 14 years 2 weeks ago #4211

• BoatDaddy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey Houston...did you ever run through the ditch? I made a "few" trips through there, and the best was when we had a first class check in who had been P-3's his whole career.......... we had him standing Monkey Watch on the aircraft elevator for 4 hours....had his radio, float coat, cranial, and a Louisville Slugger!!!! Oh it was priceless!!!

I would have stayed in until they made me go home, or I died, whichever came first...I really loved being in...got out for my kids sake....never look back.

Re:Noob with a q..... 13 years 11 months ago #6064

...dude you had me thinking, about this for a bit

Off course I seen the ditch, I had the best view from the 0-10 level through a scope.

along side the ditch where these "canons", if I remember them correctly they had three flip up doors on them witch exposed the canon with a rear exit....Well the funny thing about them was the guys manning the "canons" as we cruised by like a sitting duck in front of them, was after we where out of eye sight they would all hop in to a land rover and haul their tails down to the next "shack" and open it up....

I guess what they where trying to "present" was every shack was maned along side the ditch...which from my view was a joke in it self, plus the team gave each member of the shack his own little nickname, I know my guy had the case of the sweets....and if they knew we where looking at them like we where my guy would have been drenched.

seen the ditch 4 times...on 2 different trips

Re:Noob with a q..... 13 years 11 months ago #6074

• BoatDaddy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Yeah, know exactly what you are talking about!! I used to have to man my .50 caliber on the fantail for the whole transit.....see some interesting stuff over the course of a 12 hr passage.. but monkey watch was still my favorite.

On a side note, I have been busy as hell here at work as of late... thought maybe you guys might want to see what I am making....

It's our new engine we developed and designed for a start up motorcycle company down south. It is the sweetest sounding bike engine I have ever heard...... Lot's of hours put in over the last year of design and build, but when it fired on the dyno.......soooooo worth it!!

Not sure if there are any gear heads here, but I figured I would throw it out there anyhow...

Re:Noob with a q..... 13 years 11 months ago #6077

• MarkS
Awesome hotrod V4, BoatDaddy! Can you say "inboard applications" ?!?!?!?!?

Mark

Re:Noob with a q..... 13 years 11 months ago #6083

• BoatDaddy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Yeah Mark, I am already laying the ground work for that. The motorcycle company has a 3 years exclusivity on the engine, then we can sell it to anybody we want. It is direct injected, alum block and heads with nikasil coated bores = light weight!! In NA form it will produce 140HP and we have a HO version on the books (turbo, super charger...not final yet)..thinking low 200s for HP in that trim.. I am trying to get him (my company's owner) to let me put one in a jet boat and wrap it with our company graphics. So far he is quite interested, but first we have to finish the development on the engine and get it ready for production. It's been a real fun project so far.

Re:Noob with a q..... 13 years 11 months ago #6117

Someone has tried the Motorcycle Motor as an inboard. It is a Yamaha VMax attached to a jet drive and a nice little tunnel hull.
Attachments:

Re:Noob with a q..... 13 years 11 months ago #6118

This boat is actually for sale locally in SLC, Utah for $5K. It has got to be quick.
Attachments:

Re:Noob with a q..... 13 years 11 months ago #6124

• BoatDaddy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Nice. V-Max is a nice engine. Not like this one though. And although this is going into a motorcycle initially, it is not relegated to only that. Various race series are interested in it over in Europe, and also stateside. IRL has some classes that can use this - they currently run an inline turbo 4 in the specific class this could slide into. There are a ton of possibilities for this little gem. I only say boat because that is what I am interested in.....

You ought to HEAR it....not like a V-twin, more like a Vette.....can you tell I get excited about this?? LOL

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)