Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Garform

Garform 14 years 1 month ago #3324

Hi everybody out their. My husband and I inherited a Garform a couple of years ago. We are to old to restore it, but want to find out more info on it and maybe sell it. If anybody can help let me know.
-Kathy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Garform 14 years 1 month ago #3327

Please post pictures,thanks

Re:Garform 14 years 1 month ago #3330

I will have the pictures posted on my profile. We have a box of assorted parts and we were told it has an original engine. The boat was registered in Wyoming then it was given to the Coast Guard located on Harsens Island, in Michigan. When they closed the Coast Guard station it was then given to My brothers father in law, later to be passed down to my brother and then on to me. I contacted the antique boat museum in New York and they confirmed that it was a Garform Cheiftan or Chief I forgot which but I still have the letter.
Attachments:

Re:Garform 14 years 1 month ago #3331

Re:Garform 14 years 1 month ago #3332

Very rare and early fiber reinforced plastic boat. Built by Wood Engineering run by Garfield Arhtur Wood, Jr. He was the son of Gar Wood, Sr. the famous race boat driver and boat builder (and trash truck hydrolic patentee which made him a millionare).

There has been a fair amount written about GarForm including a series of articles in "The Boathouse" magazine published by the Bob Speltz Land-O-Lakes chapter of the Antique & Classic Boat Society www.acbs-bslol.com

Andreas

Re:Garform 14 years 1 month ago #3368

You have a rare and valuable boat there. Do not get suckered into selling it cheap. It is a real collectors item. While it needs a lot of work, these are sought after. It's amazing what turns up.

Re:Garform 14 years 1 month ago #3666

Thanks for the info. I was told that Garwood and The man who built Chri Craft were partners on this boat. And some how they ended up in Algonac, Michigan where they split apart and I don't know if this is Accurate or not.

Re:Garform 14 years 1 month ago #3668

I was told that one gentleman paid three hundred for a garform. I had this sold for a 1000.00 once but the gentleman lost his job. I was wondering do people sell the parts to this boat and would that bring in more money. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re:Garform 14 years 1 month ago #3669

No, not accurate at all.

Garform boats were made by Wood Engineering in Tulsa, Oklahama. Gar Wood, Jr. was the head of the firm. His father. Gar Wood, Sr. was a one time partner with Chris Smith in Algonac, Michigan. Smith later formed Chris-Craft Boats.

Chris Smith and Gar Wood, Sr. had nothing to do with Garform. Garform came decades after the partnership of Chris Smith and Gar Wood, Sr. fell apart.

Andreas

Re:Garform 14 years 1 month ago #3670

Funny how rumors can get started on the interwebs.

irishisle63 if your objective is to get the most money out of this boat, please don't part it out.

It would be worth much more to the classic boating community as a whole if this rare boat were preserved.

If you need to sell it for top dollar we can see if one of the classic boating museums or a prominent collector will step up to make the investment.

You may contact me off site and I will attempt to assist you with this if you desire.

Dave: dave(dash)dcc(at)hotmail(dot)com

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:Garform 14 years 1 month ago #3671

Thanks Dave much appreciated, I'll get back with you when and if I can.. I am 66 and I don't do well on the computer, neither does my husband,not that I would tell him that but I will ask my son to help again thanks

Re:Garform 14 years 3 weeks ago #4273

thanks for the info,i hope it leads to something. irishisle

Re:Garform 14 years 3 weeks ago #4300

• bogman
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Kathy

I sent you an email.

Dan

Re: Garform 14 years 16 hours ago #5909

I put pictures on hope you see them Thanks

Re:Garform 14 years 16 hours ago #5910

Dave I am going to try to e-mail you. IrishIsle

Re:Garform 14 years 16 hours ago #5911

your garform is beautiful.i wish we could have done something like that with ours. irishisle63

Re:Garform 14 years 12 hours ago #5921

irishisle63 wrote:

Dave I am going to try to e-mail you. IrishIsle

You can also email me through the site, just click on my user name and an email option should be there on my profile.

Dave in sunny Buffalo

Classic Fiberglass Boat Owners Association:
www.classicfiberglasboats.com/

Re:Garform 13 years 10 months ago #9454

Hi Mrusson I think you asked me for pictures of our garform? My son has put some nice pictures on my profile, then you press on ad I think their should be three. thanks irishisle63

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)