• Page:

TOPIC: lookin for Robert Lorigan.....

lookin for Robert Lorigan..... 14 years 1 month ago #3282

• vuyosevich
  • vuyosevich's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
shoo goo question...bob since i can't find keel guard under 2" wide for my sponsons, i'm considering shoo goo . can it be applied on the sponson edge without flippin the boat. in other words will it stay put upside down? also how thick does it have to be? i will only need to cover 1ft. in length on each sponson to protect the glass when beaching the boat. ron
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:lookin for Robert Lorigan..... 14 years 1 month ago #3283

Is that a new trailer Ron?

Frank

Re:lookin for Robert Lorigan..... 14 years 1 month ago #3285

• vuyosevich
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
no... same one you re-wired.
Attachments:

Re:lookin for Robert Lorigan..... 14 years 1 month ago #3287

For some reason I thought it had a curved frame up front Ron. You must have doctored that pic!

Boy, I can't wait to get my Power Cat done. Got some problems to figure out, but so it goes.

Frank

Re:lookin for Robert Lorigan..... 14 years 3 weeks ago #3467

ron,i got an email from bob a couple of weeks ago,he said he quit going online because somebody insulted him,im not sure of the specifics,but i can email him and tell him to email you,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:lookin for Robert Lorigan..... 14 years 3 weeks ago #3468

I hate to see Robert go away on account of something so trivial as this Shoo Goo thing. If i quit going online everytime someone insulted me on a forum I would have been gone 10 years ago. lol... With 6.8 billion people in the world and 800 million of them using the internet it seams to me that running across a couple of insults every now and then. It's not worth stressing over and spoiling your own fun. I just chalk it up to a short circuit between their chair and the keyboard and go about my day. :lol:

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:lookin for Robert Lorigan..... 14 years 3 weeks ago #3470

Ron,
I'm not sure if the Shoo Goo will stay upside down or not, all I would suggest is to just give it a try on something to see how it does. Also, back in the 80's and early 90's the auto industry loved laying a clear plastic sheild/film over the rocker panels of their cars and trucks to prevent rock damage. It was thick and tough, and you had to heat it or grind it to get it off. That may be an option for keel use especially if you are mainly beaching on sandy or dirt banks. I'm not sure where you could get it but I'm sure there are companies out there still making this type of product. Just a thought. :unsure:

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:lookin for Robert Lorigan..... 14 years 3 weeks ago #3471

i dont know what i was thinking ,by posting that i should havejust emailed ron,i didnt mean to bring up old posts,i just looked up the old post and saw that an apoligie was written,i honestly didnt know what it was all about ,so i had to search,i emailed robert,and sent him the apoligie,so i hope he comes back,hes a good guy,,so i apoligize for posting about something i had no knowledge of,please accept my appoligie for bringing up old bussiness.with true sincerity john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:lookin for Robert Lorigan..... 14 years 3 weeks ago #3475

No big deal John. I just hope Robert comes back one day. He's a great guy and I always enjoyed his posts.

Re:lookin for Robert Lorigan..... 14 years 3 weeks ago #3478

Things change, people change, who knows?

Got enough to do with my Power Cat and motor. Glad I got that pt&t working, now it's on to more "stuff."

Enjoy yer day fellers.

Frank

Re:lookin for Robert Lorigan..... 14 years 3 weeks ago #3483

• vuyosevich
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
john-gibson wrote:

ron,i got an email from bob a couple of weeks ago,he said he quit going online because somebody insulted him,im not sure of the specifics,but i can email him and tell him to email you,john

thanks john, i appreciate it. i don't want to wear thru a sponson at silver lake. i would love to tie up to the dock but too many people will be loading/unloading and theres not enough room. ron
Attachments:

Re:lookin for Robert Lorigan..... 14 years 3 weeks ago #3485

• vuyosevich
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
classicfins wrote:

Ron,
I'm not sure if the Shoo Goo will stay upside down or not, all I would suggest is to just give it a try on something to see how it does. Also, back in the 80's and early 90's the auto industry loved laying a clear plastic sheild/film over the rocker panels of their cars and trucks to prevent rock damage. It was thick and tough, and you had to heat it or grind it to get it off. That may be an option for keel use especially if you are mainly beaching on sandy or dirt banks. I'm not sure where you could get it but I'm sure there are companies out there still making this type of product. Just a thought. :unsure:

i'll give that a try doug on the bottom of my acrylic aquarium. don't really care if it sags a little as it will be un-noticeable. i remember brian telling me to keep an eye on them as theres not much meat there. thanx

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)