Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1960 Texas Maid - Need Help

1960 Texas Maid - Need Help 14 years 1 month ago #2418

Hi all,

I just purchased a 1960 Texas Maid fiberglass boat from a buddy of mine for $200. Id have to say I practically stole the thing from him because the boat is in really good condition and he threw in the trailer with it too. Anyways I was wondering if any of you knew of some good places that I may be able to find parts for the thing (online or catalog order). Im looking into dressing it up a bit and trying to redo the inside of the thing. I have attached some a few pictures of it. Just want to know if anyone has any info on the boat and could steer me in the right direction here. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1960 Texas Maid - Need Help 14 years 1 month ago #2428

"Texas Maid" boats were manufactured by Texas Boat Manufacturing Co., Inc. of Lewisville, TX. It was formed by R.W. McDonnell in 1957 who had been president of Lone Star Boat Mfg. Co. Lone Star filed a $1 million lawsuit against McDonnell and Texas Boat Mfg. Co. in April 1957 claiming McDonnell was violating his non-compete clause of his earlier Lone Star employment. Lone Star withdrew the suit in July 1957. A number of former Lone Star Boat employees joined Texas Boat Mfg. Co.

Andreas

Re:1960 Texas Maid - Need Help 14 years 1 month ago #2543

WOW What a buy :laugh:
Very nice looking boat and outboard!!!
What are you looking for as far a dressup items?
Place a ad on this site or there is iboat.com and Overtons but there stuff is all new. Not sure if your looking for original or new.

But good luck you have a very good starting point it looks like.
M.C. Heinze

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.616 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)