Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Working on a space for the boat

Working on a space for the boat 13 years 6 months ago #19457

Been busy cleaning the pole barn out to make a space for the boat over winter. Got a full truckload going tomorrow.

Next gotta burn out the big old oak stump so I can get the truck and boat in there to park it. Started on that first thing this a.m., got a good bank of coals in there now. This is an experiment, I read about folks doing this on the web. We'll see how it goes. Probably a 3 day process.

Tomorrow I hope to pull the pole barn plumb with 3/16 steel cord and turnbuckles. It's leaning to the west some, and I just set new poles in sonotubes to the east for an expansion project I hope to move ahead this weekend. We'll see how it goes. Busy.

Frank
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Working on a space for the boat 13 years 6 months ago #19691

Got a lot done today. Got a new south yard, a cleaned up and leveler north yard, and started construction on my pole barn expansion.

First thing I did today (in 30 degree weather) was start disassembling the old brick pit in the north yard, cleaning the bricks of all the crud, then stacking them on the north side of the house just next to our wood crib. That took me to almost 12:30 and taxed my back. Our neighbor Keith then brought in some fill for the depression there. This needed to be done so I could back my boat in the pole barn.

Keith came over with his backhoe mid morning and dug a big hole out back to put stumps in. He dragged the big old pine stump into it, then removed a few more stumps and sculpted a side yard for us. Now the boat can park to the right of the Dart instead of to the left.

While he was doing that, Gregg and I were screwing around with the pole barn expansion. We got up the front crosspiece, which took a while because I'd never done this before, and we had to use ladders. Pics are easier than explaining it. Back will go quick tomorrow. I think...

Wanted to take a last run in the boat today, but it just wasn't to be I guess. Hmm, maybe Sunday?

Re:Working on a space for the boat 13 years 6 months ago #19699

F - I have a 25' logging chain and many come alongs if you need them to pull the builing square. B

Re:Working on a space for the boat 13 years 6 months ago #19712

frank it looks like your coming along pretty good,here are pics of a poplar stump i dug out with this little terimite backhoe,it only has a 20 kohler magnum engine,but i put my house ,septic ,driveway plus alot more with it and its a 1988 and so far still going strong.
Attachments:

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Working on a space for the boat 13 years 6 months ago #19721

love that bimini top..... :)

Re:Working on a space for the boat 13 years 6 months ago #19723

crosbyboat wrote:

F - I have a 25' logging chain and many come alongs if you need them to pull the builing square. B

Thanks B, but I tried pulling it square. Was able to do it, but the geometry of the barn got all screwed up. It will be anchored in it's slightly off plumb state by my new poles anchored in sonotubes/concrete. F

Re:Working on a space for the boat 13 years 6 months ago #19724

john-gibson wrote:

frank it looks like your coming along pretty good,here are pics of a poplar stump i dug out with this little terimite backhoe,it only has a 20 kohler magnum engine,but i put my house ,septic ,driveway plus alot more with it and its a 1988 and so far still going strong.

Boy John, sure wish I was yer next door neighbor... :)

Frank

Re:Working on a space for the boat 13 years 6 months ago #19739

Got both crosspieces up for the pole barn expansion...

Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

test ad
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

test ad
06-02-2024

Aquabird steering wheel
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)