• Page:

TOPIC: The one you wish you had back ..

The one you wish you had back .. 13 years 6 months ago #18692

• bobo
  • bobo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Neil started a thread about your current ride thats become a favorite of mine . I check it often to see the new ones ..Then it Crossed my mind . What Boat did you ever own and Wish you had back now ?? When I started Playing with boats I had a 1963 Carlson Challenger (( Still have it )) and a Hydrostream Vking ..A friend of mine came over and said a Guy abandoned a cool looking little boat by his apartment and his Landord wanted it gone ..I went over and looked at it and ya she was cool but small . Being in great shape I took it anyway .. It sat a year and I never did nothing with it ..Didnt have a Motor Small enought ..I gave it to a friend and he sold it ..Then I got out of boats for almost 10 years ..When I started playing around again I saw a pic like that little boat .. It was a Glasspar G3 ..Sure wish I hadnt given it away now ..Kinda miss the Hydrostream But I almost killed myself in it a couple of times ..L.O.L..Not a good Beginners boat when they got to much HP on back ... So What would you guys like back ??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:The one you wish you had back .. 13 years 6 months ago #18693

there was this little brunette who was always eager willing and ready.....

Re:The one you wish you had back .. 13 years 6 months ago #18694

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Well Bill A Woman is alot like an Old Boat .. With each one your Just getting another Mans problems ...Opps Did I say that out loud ...L.O.L..

Re:The one you wish you had back .. 13 years 6 months ago #18697

bill loveland wrote:

there was this little brunette who was always eager willing and ready.....

She is not little any more and you can have her back. :)

Re:The one you wish you had back .. 13 years 6 months ago #18704

• DaveK
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
In '69 I had this '58 Wolverine that I just loved. Then I found this hot little brunette, so I sold the boat to get a car to take her out in. Years later, I wanted the boat and the hot little brunette again. 2 weeks ago I found a '58 Wolverine, but I am still looking for that hot little brunette amongst other things from my youth. B)

Re:The one you wish you had back .. 13 years 6 months ago #18710

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
1974 American 165 Mercruiser I/O
My wife and I named it "Our Little Piece of Ship"
We put a tower on it and used thte heck out of it.
We sold it to our daughters boyfriend and he and I are now putting a small block Ford in it.
I wish I had it back, that's for sure.
Neil
Attachments:

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:The one you wish you had back .. 13 years 6 months ago #18711

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Wow this took a different turn than I exspected ..L.O.L..Thought Ild here storys about the Boat Grand Pa gave you on his death bed then you had to sell it to save the farm or get Grand Ma out of prison ...L.O.L.. There is a 1966 Chevy Snub Nose Van with a 8 track that played alot of Meat Loaf songs and a little blond that would be nice to revisit ..A little Paradise by the Dash Board Light ..But then I remember the reason I made her an Ex ...Last time I saw her the 100 pound girl was 225 and just got out of jail for her 5th DUI ..She said Call Me ...Ya Ill call ya something ...L.O.L...

Re:The one you wish you had back .. 13 years 6 months ago #18720

Snorted my coffee on this thread! Ah, Paradise by the Dashboard Lights-one of my favorite song. This thread is proof positive that you never-ever get rid of a classic boat.

Mine is a sad tale of the boat I never had. Grandpa had a Baby Gar raised deck that I heard countless stories of, even have home movies of it. Alas right about the time I was born the boat was burned to the ground by kids playing cowboys and indians. It still makes me weep.

Sorry to sober up a hilarious thread!

Re:The one you wish you had back .. 13 years 6 months ago #18739

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Mine was actually a sailboat... It was a 1973-4(?) Cape Dory Typhoon... She was a MESS-

I found her sitting at the back of a storage yard, just days away from the chainsaw. It seems that the prior owner had deposited her there about 10 years prior, and had neglected to pay any storage bills. I begged and plead with the owner of the marina, but he wouldn't budge. It was the whole bill (Several thousand) or the boat was to be cut up and disposed of.... I finally managed to talk some sense into him, and buy it for a few hundred bucks.

What a mess, though. It was completely filled with water, which had frozen and thawed, causing cracks in the keel. Parts of the keel were still waterlogged. It was a MAJOR project. But, a few months of hard work and several gallons of West Systems later, and she looked as good as new-

I had to sell her to pay college tuition. I still miss that boat- The best handling, most comfortable sailboat I've had the pleasure of sailing. But, I suppose it was worth it- It started the 'itch' for fiberglass restoration, and funded the college education that allows me to AFFORD this sometimes costly hobby, er, obsession...

-Andrew

Re:The one you wish you had back .. 13 years 6 months ago #18747

i still have the brunette after 30 years together and 27 of them married,still as pretty as the day we married,as for the boat it was my 64 seaking cabin cruiser,i had to sell it last year to put money towards my tiny little garage 14x24,but its better then nothing.
Attachments:

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:The one you wish you had back .. 13 years 6 months ago #18749

Well let's see, didn't have a brunette, do remember a blonde though.... also remember a '73 Challenger I wish I still had but that's for another forum not this one. I guess mine would have to be the one that Almost got away. It would be the '60 Wagemaker Clipper I've got almost completely restored. Splashed it two weekends ago also. It was my grandfathers and I grew up on it but it would have gotten away if I hadn't asked my step mom what she was going to do with it. Dad had died and I was picking up all the woowdworking equipment and asked about it.

Bob

Re:The one you wish you had back .. 13 years 6 months ago #18750

John,
It's a fair trade if you ask me. Now you have a place to work on the boats!

Bob

Re:The one you wish you had back .. 13 years 6 months ago #18751

wings i know what you mean my dad had bought a new 19 foot ,1988 sunbird cuddy cabin,he sold it a year later,and died 8 years ago this month,i saw that boat about a month ago coming home from camping,but couldnt stop because there was no room to pull off with the camper behind,i went back a couple of days later and it was gone.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:The one you wish you had back .. 13 years 6 months ago #18752

yeah bob,its right across the road and for sale but i cant afford to buy it back,lol,plus it wont fit in my garage.

---Mark Twain

Re:The one you wish you had back .. 13 years 6 months ago #18753

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
John you sound like a Good man and have a Equally Good Woman from what Ive read from your posts ..It takes a Good Lady to tollerate us guys sometimes ... And Vice Versa ... Congrats on keeping the Brunette ...Does she have a single Sister ?? ...L.O.L....

Re:The one you wish you had back .. 13 years 6 months ago #18754

gee thanks bobo,i dont know about me but she does put up with alot of boat crap,and shes afraid of the water.and nope no sister,lol,just 2 brothers,lol.

---Mark Twain

Re:The one you wish you had back .. 13 years 6 months ago #18758

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
It was worth a shot John ...L.O.L..The whole crew of people on here seem pretty decent . Im impressed ..Ive been on alot of Forums on Different Subjects and it seems like somebody always is stirring the pot to get a fight going ..Ive been on here for a few months now and I just dont see that going on here ..Its Refreshing ...If there is a fault your all just to darn Helpfull ..Your gonna get me spoiled ....L.O.L...

Re:The one you wish you had back .. 13 years 6 months ago #18763

Bobo,
I totally agree with you. I joined another unamed popular site about the same time I joined this one and the folks on here are THE BEST hands down! I very rarely go to the other site. I haven't meet anyone in person yet but I feel like everyone is a friend here.

Bob

Re:The one you wish you had back .. 13 years 6 months ago #18764

John,
Totally understand that one. Maybe time for a garage extension?!?!?! LOL

Bob

Re:The one you wish you had back .. 13 years 6 months ago #18766

• Kerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Early 70's Checkmate 14', 125 Evinrude V-4. Even in ski trim and an aluminum prop she would knock on 60mph's door.

Re:The one you wish you had back .. 13 years 6 months ago #18768

Grandma gave me her 58 Herters Flying Fish with a 66 Merc 500. I wore out the first Merc. MK30 before she gave it to me.

Sold it for $100 with original Herters trailer. (single axle.) :(
The guy wanted the trailer. I made him take the boat if he wanted the trailer. I put the Merc 500 on a 15' 66 Dorsett runabout with ski storage on the starboard side. And that was a nice boat too.
I have some old snap shots of it. I have to dig them out some day/year.

Re:The one you wish you had back .. 13 years 6 months ago #18827

1974 Sidewinder. I'd love to get another one sometime.
Attachments:

Re:The one you wish you had back .. 13 years 6 months ago #18828

1974 Sidewinder. I'd love to get another one sometime.
Attachments:

Re:The one you wish you had back .. 13 years 6 months ago #18829

It wasn't my boat but mu cousin's - a 70's Winner. It was red with a very low windshield and a pair of round bucket seats. It was a very cool boat and the only one I've ever seen. If any Winner experts know of a picture or more info, I'd be grateful to see it. :)

Re:The one you wish you had back .. 13 years 6 months ago #18833

The one that got to me was a 65 glasspar G3 with a 75hp Flying Scott All red with a white stripe, 1969 monticello Indiana, ya those where the days, I was 9 and a red headed step child....lol, i got over most of it But one day about when this site started I got the feaver and set out to find a G3 & a scott, It took me several years but I found it all, I had 17 boats and 50+ motors......then the feaver broke, Ive kept 2 G3s, a mx14,GW invader torpedo,and an 8' single seat, a custom craft,and a aluma craft fd. mic. motors. and a load of fun meeting some of you guys. I now have friends all over the world and have even met face to face with many at the international G3 meet in fla.
You know its kinda funny when I see some of the boats here on this site I remember my brother hiding on the floor of our boat toooo embarased to be seen in the vary boats we restore and love....
Thanks guys and keep posting PICS!!!!!

Re:The one you wish you had back .. 13 years 6 months ago #18887

Ponyboy - great collection. I love that GW torpedo too. As you said - keep posting pics!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.303 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1963 Dorsett Catalina 17’
( / Boats)

1963 Dorsett Catalina 17’
05-17-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)