Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 1st boat

1st boat 13 years 6 months ago #18619

My dad gave me this boat maybe in the late 80's, so these pics are 15-20 years old. His last boat, my 1st.

Soon as I got possession of the boat, I sanded and polyurethaned the seats, got swivel padded seats, cleaned and polished the aluminum, and got one of the newfangled (back then) 4 stroke 9.9 motors for it. I only realize now I bought (and ran) a standard shaft motor on a short shaft boat. The boat was rated for 9.9 hp, but even with too much shaft in the water, would that thing go! And torque? I pulled one and two people (granted, little people) with that boat.

We use to gather the kiddies and go to Lake Eaton in the Adirondacks camping every summer. That's where these pics were taken.

Gail is going through old photo albums. I'm hoping she finds some of the Manatee ski boat (boat #2). Maybe later, I'll post some of boat #3, a 20' cuddy cabin. We have a bunch of pics of that boat too.

Frank

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:1st boat 13 years 6 months ago #18620

time has been good to the two of you.. you guys look the same now as you did back then. ron

Re:1st boat 13 years 6 months ago #18622

actually ron, we're aliens and never age, but it's a secret

Re:1st boat 13 years 6 months ago #18627

Great pictures F! Headed home tomorrow late afternoon. Home around 9PM. B

Re:1st boat 13 years 6 months ago #18630

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Very cool Frank, great pics! (You must have a good scanner.) Would love to see your other boats (#2 and 3) too.

Mark

Re:1st boat 13 years 6 months ago #18631

Those are great Frank. I would also like to see boat # 2 & 3.

Bob

Re:1st boat 13 years 6 months ago #18638

Apparently the pics of boat #3 did not get left out and now might be somewhat difficult to find. We'll see, it's late, maybe tomorrow a.m.

We have a bunch of pics of my folks and general family stuff too. Here's my mom, dad, and my grandmother (dad's mom) in 1940 in Massena, NY, and some of the buttons dad collected over the years.

This is boat related because dad gave me my 1st boat. In fact, you could say it was my mom and dad that got me into boating at a very young age.

I also have one or two pics of the Long Sault rapids on the St. Lawrence River before it was dammed, and some old post cards showing the cruise liners that used to ply the river.

Frank

Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

1963 Dorsett Catalina 17’
( / Boats)

1963 Dorsett Catalina 17’
05-17-2024

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)