Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Magnolia boat model?

Magnolia boat model? 13 years 6 months ago #18145

Hey- new guy here.
working a deal to purchase Magnolia fiberglass, think late 50s, maybe barracuda model?
No paperwork, but cool boat in decent shape.
Can anyone direct me to places for research,general internet search yields little on Magnolia boats.
Interesting details - all black hull, top and bottom, appears to be factory. Also - steering on left side?
What would be you pay for this if you wanted it?
Boat and trailer, no motor.
Your thoughts and insights please?
Thanks,
Jeff
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Magnolia boat model? 13 years 6 months ago #18148

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
JEFF: WELCOME.. Some of your questions are usually driven on what city you live in ,,& the supply of boating stuff. . I see a library brochure for the 1959 year right here on our FG board showing the hardtop model .! www.fiberglassics.com/library/Magnolia . Co mfg in MISS , so if you live close, ?,it would have regional value than if you lived in Maine.. Also that hard top , like a Aristro-Craft out of Atlanta, is a nice item in the hot south . ... Transom is most likly 16" size for short shaft motors, which may be tad hard to find, but brochure also shows DUAL motors & taht may be a feature yoyu like , or future collector willing to pay for .?? ..I will guess middle of road here at $400 , if no holes / crackes in hull. usable trailer.

. If same company Magnolia had a racing cat, dual style hull, that would draw a high dollar , just sittin in the weeds.

. LEFT side steering in the 50's is really a customer/ dealer install vs the factory , & would have been a Left hand dominate buyer to move / control the shift / control box lever... General public was just getting into boating in that era & big 6 cyl Mercs were a handful to learn , docking skills with.your weak hand on the shift lever.
AGAIN WELCOME . {Post some more interior pics.

Re:Magnolia boat model? 13 years 6 months ago #18152

Hi Jeff and welcome also, Split has a great point on regional value. From the photo it looks like the gelcoat is in good condition. Value may gain a bit by being so rare. There is a 16" 1961 model called the Mag Cat if that helps your search at all.

She's a stunner.

Re:Magnolia boat model? 13 years 6 months ago #18172

• billr
  • Thank you received: 0
There used to be a yahoo group for Magnolia boats.
I think I have a brochure on those.
Danny at the yahoo powercat boat group knows about them and has good stories as they were competitors with Power Cat in the old days. There's a black cat owned by the son of the founder in FL, and a sweet red/white cat with twin cats out there. Jeff Rieth I think was the guys name.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)