Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can someone help me identify this boat?

Can someone help me identify this boat? 13 years 6 months ago #17832

I just received this boat & have no idea what the make, year or model is. Here are a couple of pictures. I hope this helps.

i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy150/barryrah/downsized_1016000954a.jpg

i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy150/barryrah/boatout.jpg

The boat needs works as you can see. The seats are missing & I'm sure it would need a total restore. Thanks for any info!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Can someone help me identify this boat? 13 years 6 months ago #17833

Looks like a larson to me. Have to see the rest to tell which one for sure.

Re:Can someone help me identify this boat? 13 years 6 months ago #17834

thanks... I will add more pitures tomorrow. any idea the year or model?

Re:Can someone help me identify this boat? 13 years 6 months ago #17847

Here is another picture.. hope this helps. This is a great site! I really hope to get this boat restored. It looks like there are many parts out there. Hopefully I can find someone else with the same boat so I can have an idea what seats to put in the boat & get many other ideas since it it pretty stripped.

i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy150/barryrah/boat3.jpg

Re:Can someone help me identify this boat? 13 years 6 months ago #17849

its definatly a larson,as for year my GUESS is 1959 or 60,as for model i THINK its an all american,but im not sure,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Can someone help me identify this boat? 13 years 6 months ago #17850

Looks to be a 58, 59, 60 or so Larson Playmate or Playboy to me. Go to the Library link at the top of the page and look at the Larson brochures. You should be able to pinpoint the model by comparing measurements and features. The defining feature between the two should be the motorwell design. The ALL Americans all had molded front AND rear seats so I don't think it is an All American. I had a '60 Playmate and loved it. Great little boats.

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:Can someone help me identify this boat? 13 years 6 months ago #17851

mn,i would trust doug(classicfins),more then me,lol,hes more knowledgeable on these then me,john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Can someone help me identify this boat? 13 years 6 months ago #17863

Thanks for the information guys! I am handy but have never restored a boat before. Is there a book/video? I will have to go through the whole thing. It has some water/oil/dirt on the bottom & is pretty dirty. I hope I'm not getting over my head here ;)

Here are a couple more pictures. Thanks again guys!!

Where do I start? Should I clean everything first... find parts? Where is a good place to find things?

i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy150/barryrah/boat4.jpg

i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy150/barryrah/boat5.jpg

Re:Can someone help me identify this boat? 13 years 6 months ago #17886

1959 or 1960 Larson Playboy. If both the front and rear seats face forward, it would be the Playboy and not the All American. The All American had molded in back to back seats.

Lee Wangstad

Re:Can someone help me identify this boat? 13 years 6 months ago #17887

Where can a guy find seats & other parts for this boat? Thanks

Re:Can someone help me identify this boat? 13 years 6 months ago #17888

mn,everything you need to know is on this website,some articals about restoration,written by jamil mehdi are very informative.as for parts i spend alot of time on ebay ,they even sell the larson decals there right now,it just takes time,good luck,john

---Mark Twain

Re:Can someone help me identify this boat? 13 years 6 months ago #17918

Seats will likely have to be custom fabricated- marine vinyl upholstered cushions on plywood frames. Hardware can be polished or rechromed, or new old stock/good used vintage hardware can be located on Ebay or by posting a wanted ad on websites such as this one.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)