• Page:

TOPIC: Abandoned Power Cat (?) in MA, ripe for rescuing

Abandoned Power Cat (?) in MA, ripe for rescuing 13 years 6 months ago #17688

• grfa
  • grfa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Found this beauty a few blocks from my apartment. I believe it is a Power Cat. It is sitting on a trailer half overcome by weeds. The property looks like a 2 or 3 family house. I'm sure it could be available if you ask. Here is a driveby picture from my cell:

And a link to Google streetview:

maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=waltham,+ma&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=36.999937,73.916016&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Waltham,+Middlesex,+Massachusetts&ll=42.38392,-71.240788&spn=0.000527,0.001128&t=h&z=20&layer=c&cbll=42.383897,-71.240676&panoid=mRJ_mbF7kNzQe7yiEYrlMw&cbp=12,234.61,,0,10

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Abandoned Power Cat (?) in MA, CUSTOM CRAFT.? 13 years 6 months ago #17700

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
g: Interesting post . I am guessing it may be a CUSTOM CRAFT mfg in Buffalo NY .? Any HEADLIGHT in the front of the hull .?
This time of year should be low $$ . See if any engine on back our Inboard / outdrive.
.. THANKS Owner may know of other oldies around town . ?

Re:Abandoned Power Cat (?) in MA, ripe for rescuing 13 years 6 months ago #17701

i agree...looks like a stepped hull.

Re:Abandoned Power Cat (?) in MA, ripe for rescuing 13 years 6 months ago #17705

I would say it's an OMC, a Johnson or Evinrude boat from the early '60s

Re:Abandoned Power Cat (?) in MA, ripe for rescuing 13 years 6 months ago #17709

I agree Andy... almost certain to be an OMC based on the profile.

Attachments:

Re:Abandoned Power Cat (?) in MA, ripe for rescuing 13 years 6 months ago #17713

Those are very cool old boats and certainly collectible! It's not too far from me, but I do NOT need an old boat, unless it's one I can just spit on and shine, then drive off into the sunset... :)

Frank

Re:Abandoned Power Cat (?) in MA, ripe for rescuing 13 years 6 months ago #17725

I'm going to be near there next Wednesday on business. If I have time, I'll go take a look.

T

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit

Re:Abandoned Power Cat (?) in MA, ripe for rescuing 13 years 6 months ago #18143

I stopped by yesterday and took a look at this. It is somewhere around a 64 OMC/Johnson/Evinrude Deluxe. It's filled with brush and needs a lot of work. The deal breaker is that I believe it was an I/O at one point, however, that was removed and the transom was cut down for an outboard. It probably could be resurrected as an outboard but will require a lot of work. It is filled with brush so I didn't get a good look at the interior. There are some seats (not original) and the condition is unknown. It seemed like all of the hardware (except the steering wheel) is there and it would make a good parts boat for someone.

There is also a 14-15 ft Starcraft sitting behind it, likewise overgrown. That may be a better project.

If anyone wants to stop by, the owner lives in the unit next to the boats and his name is Brian. He is interested in parting with them. I have his phone number if anyone wants. E-mail me privately.

Todd
Attachments:

Todd (aka thetudor)
1964 Custom Craft Aqua Ray
1959 Glastron Seaflite
1959 Tomahawk Spirit
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)