Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help/info/advice w renovate (pre-70's Kingfisher)

Help/info/advice w renovate (pre-70's Kingfisher) 13 years 6 months ago #17667

• lucore
  • lucore's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Wife bought old sailboat at auction a few weeks ago. After much searching, found it was a Kingfisher III from Atlantic Laminates Inc. (Charleston). Apparently became American Fiberglass around 1970 and is now American Sail. Have found a couple of websites dedicated to the boat, but all seem to be Am Fiberglass post-70, none pre-70.

www.fiberglassics.com/glassic-forums/library-additions/atlantic-laminates-brochure

Did find that we are missing a mast, a jib, the rudder, the proper main sail, the rigging, etc. Also likely will need a little fiberglass work (rain water inside was slowly leaking below).
If anyone has any information on this boat or Atlantic Laminates, please let me know. I have emailed American Sail to try to get some history.
Also, if anyone has any info on replacement parts ("Hey, I've got an old Kingfisher sittin' in my back yard! You want the mast and rigging?") or where to find some, let me know. Have been directed to one mast company already.
As I progress (slowly) with this project, I will be asking for much more help and advice (I am an intermediate sailor and novice fiberglass worker). Right now I'm just starting at the beginning to see what history and contacts I can find.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

THANK YOU!

Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Help/info/advice w renovate (pre-70's Kingfisher) 13 years 6 months ago #17668

• lucore
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
sorry - pics didn't post - will try again.

Peter

Re:Help/info/advice w renovate (pre-70's Kingfisher) 13 years 6 months ago #17669

• lucore
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
apparently too high resolution - pics didn't work.

Peter

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)