• Page:

TOPIC: Free Fabuglas comes home...

Free Fabuglas comes home... 13 years 7 months ago #17449

• 69Fabuglas
  • 69Fabuglas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I often peruse craigslist for "free" boats and stuff. A few weeks ago- a boat was posted "free boat- no motor, no trailer"... but, no picture either... So I wasn't interested enough to follow up.
Yesterday, the fellow re-runs the ad with a photo. It's too small, but I was sure the thing was a Fabuglas Trident... so I sent an e-mail with my phone number- and asked that he call in the morning.. if he still had the boat.
He called about 10:00 am and started describing the boat.. during his description, I asked "does it have Fabuglas emblems on it"? He say's "yeah, how'd you know"? I talked with him a few more minutes and told him I'd be there to pick it up around 4:00pm.

He and his friend pushed it off it's trailer and onto the ground- so I could load it onto mine.
It was kind-of a chore to winch it onto my trailer, but eventually we got it on and centered to ride on some temporary bunks.

The hardware is nice, and I will use some of it on my Commodore.

The hull is in good shape but it needs floors, stringers, & transom- like every other boat that has never been cared for.
It had an 1966 80HP Starflight VIII with Selectric shift. Everything except the motor itself is still there. It has Ride-guide/Quicksilver type steering in good shape. I have the transom brackets also.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Free Fabuglas comes home... 13 years 7 months ago #17452

Good haul! Best of luck with it.

Frank

Re:Free Fabuglas comes home... 13 years 6 months ago #17599

• 69Fabuglas
  • 69Fabuglas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
UPDATE:
I took a good look at the free Fabuglas today..
The serial tag says it's a 1968 Trident 154- which is the 15'4". version. They also made it(later)in 17' and 22' models.
It is rated for 70HP and 8-people.. or 1510 lbs people + gear.

What's weird is that this boat is NOT listed in the 1968 Brochure. It IS in the 1969 Brochure. It must have been a mid-year addition to the Fabuglas line. The 1969 Brochure really pushes the Trident line- with more photos of them than any other boat.

My boat has the earlier Fabuglas logos on the side. They seem to have changed the "font" of the logos in '69. So I'll not be using them.

The floor is very bad.. but the splashwell and seat area seems solid. The transom taps out OK- and the mounting bolt holes don't have any rotted wood around them.

This boat may actually be salvageable. Too bad it's worth more in pieces than together.

If anyone has an interest in the boat or pieces of it.. Let me know... before I strip it completely and it gets crushed.

Re: Free Fabuglas comes home... 13 years 6 months ago #18052

If you run into anyone looking for a Commodore, mine is still for sale!

Blest boater
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted