Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Boat addictions

Boat addictions 13 years 6 months ago #17069

Even though I have about 10 classics sitting around, I posted an ad for "old boat with fins or headlights". Just got a call.

A lady has 3 old boats in the field behind her house. One had fins. She knew nothing about them. Went and took notes, then called me back. The one with fins is a Redfish. Second one sort of had fins, not so big, it's a Glastron. (Score 2 for me!) Third one doesn't have fins, but has a good windshield and the horns and trim are not pitted. It's a "Meg" with Ohio stickers on it.

Guess I'm going to have to take a big trailer and make a visit.

Are 13 old boats too many?

(Anyone know what a "MEG" is?)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Boat addictions 13 years 6 months ago #17070

My guess would be that MEG is actually MFG.

Re:Boat addictions 13 years 6 months ago #17105

Austinsailor wrote:

Even though I have about 10 classics sitting around, I posted an ad for "old boat with fins or headlights". Just got a call.

A lady has 3 old boats in the field behind her house. One had fins. She knew nothing about them. Went and took notes, then called me back. The one with fins is a Redfish. Second one sort of had fins, not so big, it's a Glastron. (Score 2 for me!) Third one doesn't have fins, but has a good windshield and the horns and trim are not pitted. It's a "Meg" with Ohio stickers on it.

Guess I'm going to have to take a big trailer and make a visit.

Are 13 old boats too many?

(Anyone know what a "MEG" is?)

13? Well that depends, Can you still park your car on your property? Are they stacked in more than one layer? Thats my criteria, unless I can talk my son into hiding them for me on HIS property.....

Re:Boat addictions 13 years 6 months ago #17111

My collection was going to stop at 25. Then it was going to stop at 50. Now I'm not sure, they are stacked three high. Had to buy a fork lift to get them up there. The only way I can get away with this is to keep all the boats away from home at another man cave location. My wife is not crazy about this but out of sight is out of mind.

Re:Boat addictions 13 years 6 months ago #17153

• bilnan1
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 14
the easiest way is let you wife pick out 2-3 then go find them ,then she is hooked too,,so the score is nancy 3 Bill 47, or so see ya

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)