• Page:

TOPIC: Del Mar delivery

Del Mar delivery 13 years 6 months ago #16691

• Neil
  • Neil's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I am getting the Del Mar ready for its delivery to its new owner.
I am taking it from central Idaho to the northeast corner of Wyoming. I will meet Bobo (from fiberglassics) there and he will take it home to upper Wisconsin.

When I get home, I will get my "new" boat, a 1961 Hydrocraft Fantasy.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Del Mar delivery 13 years 6 months ago #16696

Neil,
Sweet looking Hydrocraft. That one ought to be a blast on the water!

Bob

Re:Del Mar delivery 13 years 6 months ago #16699

Delmar.....I just love them.Keeping mine and might sale my U-2 tomorrow.
Attachments:

Re:Del Mar delivery 13 years 6 months ago #16702

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Commander
I have been watching that Del Mar of yours. Stunning. I really like the wood work on the interior and the choice of colors.
I am hoping that bobo gets his new Del Mar looking that good.
The Hydocraft is slated for start in the spring, I have got a 115 Tower of Power located for it. Do you think that is to much motor?
Right now I am working on a 74 Searay 17 footer. I am moving the helm back 5 foot and glassing it in. Making a mini off shore. She has got a small block Ford.
What is the bottom boat in the picture, that looks low and fast?

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Del Mar delivery 13 years 6 months ago #16705

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Huh, well I like the del mar, U2 and that hydro reminds me of a sporty g3. Neil, I guess you have a need for speed, lol. Commander, I hope your flippin that bad boy. That thing is so rare, Mike

Re:Del Mar delivery 13 years 6 months ago #16706

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Bigfoot
I am real new to this outboard world.
I have never had a outboard screamer before.
The only fast outboards in this part of Idaho are a few bass boats.
I will probably get looks of crazy not looks of wow! :lol:

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Del Mar delivery 13 years 6 months ago #16773

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hey Neil ... Looking forward to meeting you ..This should be a Fun trip .I always wanted to see that part of the country . The Wife and I was suppose to go out there 2 years ago . Unfortunatly before we were going to go I found out she was seeing my Fishing Buddy ...Opps ...I had to fire her and never made the trip .I saw the Comanders boat awhile back with the kids sitting in it at the dock ..I said I gotta find me one for My grand kids and I to go cruiseing in . I think thier just a cool looking little boat ..I found one on Craigs List locally that was fully restored and Beatiful .It was only 200 miles away .I talked to the Guy on the phone and said Ild buy it sight unseen ..Except for the pictures he sent me . I offered to Western Union him money And he said no its yours .That Saturday I called on the way there to let him know I was coming and he tells me A guy Just BOUGHT IT ....I hate it when people do that ..If a mans word isnt good Whats he worth ?? Neil has been great and very helpfull .I appriate the steps he is taking to make this happen ..If we had feed back on here like Ebay Ild give Neil a A Pluss so far ...L.O.L...Im restoring a 1956 Chevy step side .. Thought it would be cool to tow a 56 Delmar behind it ..Below are some pics of the Old truck in Progress and The DelMar the Guy Porked me on ..Sure was a pretty boat wasnt it ..Wonder who ended up with it ..?? With Neils I can restore it to match the truck so this will be good ..Thanks Bud !!!

IMG] i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab1/bobo54501/2007_05140072-2.jpg [/IMG]

The Last picture of the truck is the night I brought it home ..Plan on having the Delmar and the Truck done by Next 4th of July Parade .The Trucks almost ready for paint now .. Thinking Maybe Torquise with Some Torquise on the Delmar ..Lots of work but My 2 sons are excited about helping to ..

Re:Del Mar delivery 13 years 6 months ago #16774

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Bobo
I am looking forward to the trip also.
I was on CL and found a Del Mar in Tensleep, Wyo sitting on a Tee Nee trailer. He was asking 1100. It had a 70 horse Johnson.
I went over to a little town called Nez Perce today, to the DMV today and there is a Del Mar sitting in the corner of a guys yard on blocks. It is totally stripped. It has a little set ot table and chairs for their kids. What a cool playhouse. It is still getting lots of use, even without being in the water. :)
I found another boat in the same town with a 50 Merc. It is in the aluminum section under the thread Shopping 3.
See you this weekend.
If you get the Del Mar and the truck done by the Fourth, my wife and I could came to Stevens Point and visit the family and make a trip north to buy you a beer. Sound good?
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Del Mar delivery 13 years 6 months ago #16775

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Ive only seen the one that I was going to buy and I never saw that one in person .I bet most of them stayed out west .. Ive never even seen one up here at Old boat shows ive been at .Ill see ya soon ..Peace Larry P.S. The Bear sounds good ..My Neighbor and her daughters who are like Family to me want to dress up in Old Western Bar Girl cloths and ride in the boat and the truck in the Parade and throw candy to the kids ..Maybe we can suit you and the wife up to ..L.O.L..

Re:Del Mar delivery 13 years 6 months ago #16784

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
Yeah that green del mar was nice. I seen it before on CL... It was for sale for a l o n g time.
Wanna see a old ford truck with a del mar??? I'll post it, lol...Mike

Here is a pic of "that" del mar.
Attachments:

Re:Del Mar delivery 13 years 6 months ago #16798

Bigfoot wrote:

Yeah that green del mar was nice. I seen it before on CL... It was for sale for a l o n g time.
Wanna see a old ford truck with a del mar??? I'll post it, lol...Mike

Here is a pic of "that" del mar.

A little off topic here, but is that your F100 in the pic? If so, what year is it and what's under the hood? Looks to be a '56 maybe? I've got a '54 project that I haven't started on yet, but will be building it as a tow vehicle for my vintage Airstream trailer and my old boats.
Doug

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:Del Mar delivery 13 years 6 months ago #16811

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Thats a Nice Old Ford there !!! The Delmar doesnt look bad neither ..Was that Delmar on CL a very long time ?? I went to the bank to get a quick note for it and confirmed to the guy I wanted it and was going to come that weekend .If I offered to Western Union him money that should have been a clue I was serious ..Oh well things happen for a reason .Its more fun to build your own anyways .I guess in that guys defense Ive sold alot on CL and sometimes people say they coming and never show .Wish I had a $1 for every hour I waited ..If it was for sale along time Maybe he had heard it all and was flustrated ..I was surprised that he wasnt asking more for it . Looked like somebody had put alot of time and money into it ..Well Neil Im heading out ..See ya soon !!!

Re:Del Mar delivery 13 years 6 months ago #16824

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
No thats NOT my ford. Since I now have a del mar of my own I have been saving every new del mar pic I see.....

The green del mar was for sale for atleast 3 months if not more. I agree it is nice and the price was nice but not many people are spending now days. MIke
Attachments:

Re:Del Mar delivery 13 years 6 months ago #17050

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Well I met Neil and his Wife . Very nice people . If you ever need to deal with Neil on anything have no fear he is a good and honest man .Towing the boat threw South Dakota was a expierience .Oceans of Nothingness in that area . Looking at endless brown grass got pretty boring after a few miles and really boring after about 400 ....L.O.L..People looked at me pretty strange seeing a Green Mercedes towing a 56 Delmar when I stopped in little towns of 200 or less .Not many boats or Benzs out that way I was told by a Old fellow sitting on the front porch of a General store ..People were real friendly in SD .When I crossed into MN and stopped for fuel I heard a guy say Sir Sir ..He wanted to know where I got the Delmar from and if I would sell it .I said no Ive been threw WAY to much to get this boat and told him about my 2000 mile trip .He said thats a rare boat here in MN ..Soon as I walked in the gas station a 20 something said Hey thats cool what is it ?? The old girl gets lots of attention Wait till its looking nice ..I drove the 955 miles in on day to get home . I felt about dead when I got home ..Shes now safe and sound surrounded by lakes to roam ..In Northern Wisconsin ive got at least 5 700 acres pluss lakes withen 5 miles of me Pluss 2 chain of lakes where you can travel 40 to 60 miles 1 way ..I was just curious whats the farthest somebody has gone for a Old Boat on here ..Im at 1910 miles round trip ..Well heres a couple of pics ..

Mercedes and the 80 foot Wall Drug Dinosaur

I saw this sign Way to much out there ...L.O.L.. We have nothing to kill ya up here except for maybe a Bear with cubs or a Wolf ..

Sunrise not far from Devils tower and the Mercedes and the Delmar waiting to head home ..

The Black hills near Sturgis ..
Just as a side note to give credit where its due ..The Mercedes is a 1981 300SD Turbo .I bought it in Iowa City Iowa for $700 ..I run it on Free used veggy oil . I drove it on this trip 950 miles there and 1/2 way back for less than $20 .I ran out of Juice ..L.O.L...Carrying that much made the car pretty heavy ..
The Odometer quit working at 325,000 .Has original motor and tranny ..My question is .. How many $700 used cars with probaully 350,000 miles on them would you trust enought to drive a 1000 miles away and tow a boat home a 1000 miles back and do it all for under $100 ?? She got a little over 35 MPG there and mid 20s towing the boat .

Re:Del Mar delivery 13 years 6 months ago #17059

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
bobo wrote:

People looked at me pretty strange seeing a Green Mercedes towing a 56 Delmar when I stopped in little towns of 200 or less .Not many boats or Benzs out that way

I'll bet! Probably a pretty rare sight in that "neck of the woods". Thanks for sharing the story of your trip with us, glad to hear it went well and you made it home okay.

Mark

Re:Del Mar delivery 13 years 6 months ago #17083

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Neck of the woods ...L.O.L.. I was really missing the woods ..Boy I bet if you go Deer Hunting out there 600 yard would be considered a real close shot ..L.O.L..

Re:Del Mar delivery 13 years 6 months ago #17164

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
Larry
Thank you for the kind words.
I am glad that your trip home well. We are looking forward to seeing the Del Mar in the restoration process.
Thanks again.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Del Mar delivery 13 years 6 months ago #17371

I hate to do this but I an going to defend myself. I guess I am the one who "porked" Bobo. I spent several summers and lots of money restoring the green Del Mar. I had the Del Mar for sale on Craigslist for about a year. I had countless people tell me they wanted the boat and then never show up. I took days off work waiting for people who never showed up. Not to mention all the scammers...It got to the point where the first person to show up at my door with cash was going to get the boat and that is what happened, and he got a fantastic deal due to my frustration.

Re:Del Mar delivery 13 years 6 months ago #17378

• bobo
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
Hi cderemer
After reading on here I understand why you might have sold it . I wasnt aware you were trying to sell it for that long ..But please understand My side also ..Im a 51 year old man Who has Old School Values ..If I tell somebody Im gonna do something I DO IT .. Come Hell Or High Water .. Neil will testify I had good Comunications with him and when I said Ild travel almost 2000 miles to pick up his Delmar I did .. I told you I was going to go get a bank note to buy your boat . I spent a few hours prepareing to get a loan and Jumping threw some hoops for them .Then I also made agrangements to come get it .I asked you for the Vin numbers for them so they could use it as security on the note (( Standard procedure )) ..When you wouldnt give them to me I put My restored 79 Camaro on the note as collateral that is worth 5 times what the loan is ..I emailed you and said I had your money ..You made it sound like we were good .Then when I called you again you told me you just sold it ..Now I can understand your Flustrations of Building a boat and putting much work, money and Love into it (( You did a Beatifull job by the way ))and then trying to sell it at Give away prices you got jacked around ..I myself have many times ..But can you also understand That when I found your boat I really really wanted it and went threw much to aquire it How Disappointed I was when it was gone ..?? I guess were both kind of Victoms of how the world is today ..Many talk but Seldom Do .. Im sure your a good guy and respect you for telling your side . A handshake to you if youll except it ...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)