Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bluegrass Rendezvous

Bluegrass Rendezvous 13 years 7 months ago #16501

WE just got back from Dale Hollow Kentucky for the 7 annual vintage boat Rendezvous we were going to take pictures but the camera went down with the Herters when it sank but we had a great time.

Haynesfiberglass

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Bluegrass Rendezvous 13 years 7 months ago #16506

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
say WHAT!? Who's Herters sank, Mr. Haynes?

Mark

Re:Bluegrass Rendezvous 13 years 7 months ago #16542

The Herters that sank was MINE. It was at the dock and apparently the wind was getting stronger and made the water rougher and water started coming into the two motor well drains, filling the motor well, and rushed it into the cable access, rushing it into the floor of the boat. Everyone scampered out of the boat and luckily the captain's meeting was just over and about 20 guys and gals on the dock grabbed ropes and threw them around the boat and one guy (Damen) jumped in the water with his lifebelt on and secured the ropes to the cleats, etc. and they were able to hoist the boat up from under water (even the top of the windshield was completely under water). Then the Dale Hollow Marine crew were there nearly immediately, with their pump boat and began pumping water out, with everyone holding onto the ropes until the water was out.

Actually, after the boat dried out, we took the motor cover off and dried off the plugs and after about an hour and a half, the motor started up and runs fine now. We drove it back around the other end of the marina and put it on the trailer. No scratches or anything! Sort of miracle. We sure had a lot of help from a lot of the boaters. They did a wonderful job, helping save our boat.

Re:Bluegrass Rendezvous 13 years 7 months ago #16574

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
H.F.: Sort of a bummer, but did happen with lots of help around. Had the same wind event a few years ago with Glasspar G-3 small speedsters getting white caps over the raised transom ..

. That Damen Young ( White ?) , KY guy, did he have a G-3 at the show .? Met a wood builder from Ala that said he sold his Glasspar G-3 to him a few months ago . Got any pics or contact for him .?

Re:Bluegrass Rendezvous 13 years 7 months ago #16582

Yes he just bought a G-3 a few months ago,he is from Lexington and I can get a contact for him.E-mail me your phone number at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re:Bluegrass Rendezvous 13 years 7 months ago #16597

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Sorry to hear about the mishap, but glad to hear some folks swung into action and effected the Glassic rescue! You might want to try pulling the batteries out of the camera, open any and all access panels/doors, and put it in a bowl of uncooked rice. My wife dropped her cel phone in the toilet and someone told her about this. Believe it or not, after a week in the rice (guess it must absorb the moisture) it came back to life when the battery was put back in, and is still working today! Worth a shot.

Mark

Re:Bluegrass Rendezvous 13 years 7 months ago #16610

• TNLark35
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
Yikes! We talked about going up there saturday in my little 14' Texas Maid, but decided against it. I'm glad no one got hurt and you got your boat floating again. Thats gotta be scary.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)