Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What year is this

What year is this 13 years 7 months ago #15740

Well I just sold a boat, so I was looking through craigslist and saw this for 100.00 ending up getting it for free. it is a fiberform i think 16' and has a 1970 johnson 60hp outboard
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:What year is this 13 years 7 months ago #15757

• Huck
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I don't know anything that will help identify that boat but you sure do come up with some great deals. Keep up the good work.

Re:What year is this 13 years 7 months ago #15780

Well after driving it home and taking off one of the wheels , it has a bent axle on the trailer. the last owner also said it was stuck in gear , I am hoping it is just the lower end fluid , it is electric shift and i went ahead and drained the lower unit , and the fluid that came out was rather thick , not like what it should be , but it looks like i have my work cut out. not looking forward to pulling off the lower unit for sure , This boat also has no cut outs in the dash never had a tach or fuel gauge or a speedo. And someone sprayed something on the windshield . that doesn't want to come off , and it is plexiglass. so if anyone has a way to bring those back to life let me know..

Re:What year is this 13 years 7 months ago #15799

There is an article on the Restoration page of the Research section on windshield restoration that might be of some use:

fiberglassics.com/restoration/windshield-101-shining-up-that-old-windshield

Also, I have this image of a Fiberform boat, year unknown, that I believe was posted awhile back on one of the old forums. Looks to be similar to your boat:
Attachments:

Re:What year is this 13 years 7 months ago #15800

• Bigfoot
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I used that article on a windshield last year with my Sea Swirl boat and I was able to remove 95% of all scratches and remove most of the haze.
Looks like the same boat Andy. Good job, Mike

Re:What year is this 13 years 7 months ago #15808

Those electric shifts use a thin oil just for the electric shift Don't use anything else or you could burn out the coil in the lower unit.
Mike aka pathfinderz1

Re:What year is this 13 years 7 months ago #16069

well i found out the year .It is a 1970 Figures it is a match to the motor.. And I think I solved the shift problem, The last guy who had it didn't have a key and bipassed the ignition switch , so I think it will be fine when I get a key , It has a number on the barrel where the key go's in . I am thinking that I could take that number to my boat shop and possibly get a key.I started to do some restoration on the gel coat.. I went over it with paint thinner to get off the oxidation . Then it was clean enough for 600 wet paper , I did one spot down to 800 grit then used some penetrol and wow the light scratching from the sanding went away. so I don't think bringing it back to original will be an issue..I also pulled out the carpet and the floor looks to be pretty good. I also found the serial # plate . so I found out i can mount up to a 125 hp motor , So it will get new carpet seats , bimini top , fishfinder, a trolling motor , and will be my fishing boat. It is not to classic that i can't use it on a regular basis. I however found a johnson boat on craigslist , It is the one that is a 1965 or so and had that weird stepped hull and looked like a cat from the front, it has a v6 buick with omc outdrive and is complete ,so i am really tempted.. [img]http://www.fiberglassics.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/3n73o03l15X35S15R1a9m9b8613e56ea21e6e.jpg [img]http://www.fiberglassics.com/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/3n43kf3o55Z25S25R4a9m395ae40fdbc01597.jpg
Attachments:

Re:What year is this 13 years 7 months ago #16089

You might want to check the cost of a "BOAT" key. The LAST one I had made cost $60.00. A new switch and key runs about $25-$30.
See you later "Lucky Dog".
old darb

Re:What year is this 13 years 7 months ago #16880

Well the fiberform is coming along, I cleaned up all the gel coat, it is looking really nice. Repainted the trailer and put new lights on it. Then it was time to get down to buisness on the motor. I didn't have a key so I searched around on e-bay and found one.The guy i got the boat from said it just stayed in forward gear and wouldn't even shift into neutral, or reverse. Well I drained the unit and the fluid was thick and black . Then i filled her up with type c lower unit fluid. Then I started to look at all the carb linkage and it was all messed up. So bad that the neutral safety was not even letting the starter turn over. Well i adjusted everything and bingo she fired up .A little tweaking on the low speed mix and it is running great AND IT SHIFTS..
Attachments:

Re:What year is this 13 years 7 months ago #16900

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Looking much better John, and isn't it amazing what a little TLC (and the right gear lube) will do!!

Mark

Re:What year is this 13 years 6 months ago #17996

well it didn't take to long and i am at a grand total of 945.00 i have brand new seats, top, downriggers , a used 2hp four stroke honda for trolling , and an eagle color fishfinder , it has been a lot of work but it was a really rewarding project. I want something that was a classic but I could still use it as a fishing machine , and that is just what I have .
Attachments:

Re:What year is this 13 years 6 months ago #17998

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Lookin' good johnnycatt.
Glad to see you put some life back into it.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted