TOPIC: Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot

Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot 13 years 8 months ago #15646

• stashm2
  • stashm2's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello
Can anyone tell me what model my Wagemaker Empire is? I looked at the library posts and see there are two 17foot but I dont know what eiter look like. there are no plates on the boat stating a model. It handels well has a 50 HP mercury that pushes it to 32MPH with a 13pitch prop, and a 1958 Gator trailer. Deck and Hull are Fiberglass with a wooden floor. Baught the boat in disrepair on Craigslist in the spring have enjoyed the work on it and using it all summer. :laugh: I will work on some other pics when I have a chance.
Thanks
Jesse
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot - Edited 13 years 8 months ago #15648

Jesse - Wagemaker is a make. Isn't Empire the model? EDIT - Nope I got it...all Wagemaker glass boats were from the "Empire" division. Only model I saw in the library was "Clipper". Where in NY are you? Frank Alquire and I both live about 15 miles south of Albany.

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot - Edited 13 years 8 months ago #15650

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I live in Berne NY and go on the lakes in berne and the hudson frequently. As far as the Model goes it looks from the Library like it is either a 17 foot saville, clipper or a 17' 10" Bermuda... I am thinking it is a newer clipper based on the other on this site with a wooden deck and windsheild. I have looked all over the net and only found information on the empire line on this fourum so far.
Thanks
Jesse

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot - Edited 13 years 8 months ago #15652

We're practically neighbors. We're maybe 20 min from Westerlo. What lake in Berne go you go to? Thompsons Lake?

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot - Edited 13 years 8 months ago #15655

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Both Thompson and Warners lakes, I prefer warners due to the nice launch however I dont ski or tube so the river is more fun to crius on.

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot - Edited 13 years 8 months ago #15658

Hey guys - So I thought Thompsons had a 15hp max restriction on it? Is the launch at Warners public? and if so where is it located? Would like to try them both. I've been ice fishing at Thompsons but I thought my 50hp was too much for the summer.

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot - Edited 13 years 8 months ago #15662

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
oh it does I just ignore the sign..... I live 3 miles from there so I figure why not. 50 isnt bad there are boat with much larger engines on them than 50. just if launching stay off to the right hand side its deeper and if your in the middle you will have one wheel 2 feet deep and one 6 inches... otherwise its a decent depth only real hazards are some rocks over by the campsites. Warners has a launch that you have to be a member of however the couple that runs it is older and not planning to have it open to the public next summer.... :-( there are alot of boats too large for that lake on it and it can be kind of hairy with the number of swimmers, canoes, sailboats, and motorboats on it.

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot - Edited 13 years 8 months ago #15668

Here's an image from the 1960 Wagemaker brochure which shows the Clipper models:
Attachments:

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot - Edited 13 years 8 months ago #15669

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Thank you so much thats great! that would be she!!

er the top one.

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot 13 years 8 months ago #15673

Interesting, nothing like the brochure I have. Problem is I can't scan it in my scanner died. I thought it might be the Ski Seville but I can't tell from your pic if it has a bench seat across the back. The Ski Seville did not the Seville did. Problem is the Seville doesn't have that deck. The Clipper I have is suppose to be a 1960, at least all the paperwork I got from my dad says 1960 and it has the Mahogany deck and windshield frame Brochure I have also only shows a wood deck Clipper. Very interesting.

Bob

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot 13 years 8 months ago #15676

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I just figure mine is a little newer I picked it up in Pulaski from cl so I only know what the papers said. and they just say 1960 Empire, Not Wage Maker or Clipper. I will post more pictures when I get to Highspeed internet I have a Dial up disorder here.... I would love to see any info on other models as well from the empire line. there is plenty for the wooden Wagemakers and the aluminum. Thanks
Jesse

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot 13 years 8 months ago #15681

Jesse,
As soon as I can get the brochure I have scanned I'll post it. You may have already seen the thread on my Clipper restoration. I have to take more pics tomorrow and post them. I understand the all wood Wolverines were very popular. Haven't seen one up close though.
On a side note if you seen any extra Empire emblems for the port and starboard aft please let me know. I only have half of one form one side. Apparently my dad and grandfather weren't too careful when they pulled up to piers or trailered the boat. :(

Bob

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot 13 years 8 months ago #15684

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
LOL the same goes for me!! I have one thats broken in half and the other fell off on my way home some place when I bought it. I am about to post more pictures to the Gallery. I look forward to seeing more pics of your clipper. are you in western NY? and the one with the Video on you tube?

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot 13 years 8 months ago #15690

Nope, I'm down in Southern Maryland. St George's Island area. I'' be running up and down the Potomac and Patuxent rivers.

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot 13 years 8 months ago #15700

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I have one Empire Emblem that is in nice shape aside from being broken as EM - Pire I am going to look into having new ones cast from it if you want some I will look more seriously into it. its just aluminum so I think maby some sort of plaster or sand mold cold be made from it.

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot 13 years 8 months ago #15726

That would be cool. I thought about that too unfortunately with the pieces I have I can't make Empire. I've been searching for a while but haven't had any luck so far. If you go that route let me know I would be interested.

Bob

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot 13 years 8 months ago #15854

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Ok Next Question to all.
I want to make a new top for this boat the buttons to the windsheild and is about 6-8 inches hire than the windsheild and extends about 75% of the passenger area. Does any one have any ideas on this to "fit" the boat. there are holes where a top once was but the hardware was long gone when I got the boat.

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot 13 years 8 months ago #15861

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
I've recently learned they refer to those as a "navy top", and unfortunately you're probably going to have to have one custom made. (= very pricey). Not sure where you're located, but an upholstery shop that specializes in marine applications could give you a quote, just get ready for the "sticker shock".

Mark

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot 13 years 8 months ago #15892

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Oh I am sure they are $$$. but I luckily can make all the bows myself I plan to use white oak and steam bend them to conform to the same arch as the windsheild, and I did all the upholstery on the seats myself so I plan to make all the top parts. I was thinking of using the same Teal colored Pleather as the seats do you think that would look decent?

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot 13 years 8 months ago #15893

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Also Just a note I am making some decent headway on a mold off my Empire logo to make a copie from. we will see if I can spring the Emblems from the mold, I hope to get this all done this weekend! I will keep you posted. Oh and The seat color can be seen in the gallary I would post a pic but have dial up at home.... dont feel like waiting an hour to upload one lol.

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot 13 years 8 months ago #15917

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Jesse, can you post the link to your gallery? I went and looked for it, but didn't have any luck. (Didn't have a lot of time to spend searching, have to get ready for work.) If you can fabricate some or all of the top yourself, that would definitely save some serious $$$. Good news on the emblems, good luck with your project. Can't wait to see some pics.

Mark

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot 13 years 8 months ago #15927

Jesse,
Great news on the emblem. I'll take a few pics of my bimini now that it's clean. I'll also put it on the boat with a few pics. It's been with the boat ever since my dad got it from my grandmother. I'm not sure if the dealer put it on or how we got it but it does have the side curtains and the back cover with "window", thick plastic. The cover snaps onto the back of the bimini, goes all the way to the motor and covers it. It is made of heavy canvas and is waterproofed with some very thick stuff. Haven't determined what yet. Sorry rambling. I'll try and get the pics posted tonight.

Bob

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot 13 years 8 months ago #15929

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
www.fiberglassics.com/gallery/category/145-wagemaker-empire.html

that will get you to the gallery. I was going to post a link last night but dial up is just so slow! Thank you all for the input and I would really like to see your Bimi I have a feeling it will be similar to what I imagine mine was like! from your description. Thank you ALL

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot 13 years 8 months ago #15999

Jesse,
Here are a few pics of the bimini. Not alot to it really. I can take more this weekend in the sun if you like. Ran out of good daylight when I got home from work.

Not sure if that totally works for ya. Just let me know and I can take more.

Bob
Attachments:

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot 13 years 8 months ago #16031

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
No that works for me! That boat really has come out good! Thats about what I was thinking for a top on mine may just exstend it back more.

Hey where did you get your Flag pole on your Nav light? Mines missing but has the mounting holes ect for it.

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot 13 years 8 months ago #16065

Yeah, pretty much covers the bench seat and not much past that. the other cover that snaps to it covers the whole back of the boat. There's no in between.

Bob

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot 13 years 7 months ago #17113

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
In my search for Bimi top parts and Wagemaker parts I ran across a boat with an Empire logo in pristine condition. Of coarse The close up of the emblem I took didnt save...... As you can see the Emblem is Gold in color, at closer inspection of the pices of mine they used to be gold as well. Just an FYI for any EMpire owners. Sadly the boat was not for sale. I am comming along with my attempts to reproduce the emblem. I will keep you posted!
Attachments:

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot 13 years 7 months ago #17191

Jesse, Cool too bad it wasn't for sale. My emblem pieces are so banged up I'm not sure what color they use to be. Glad the reproduction is going well. Keep us informed and thanks for doing that.

Bob

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot 13 years 7 months ago #17242

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Original Empire seats front and back.
Attachments:

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot 13 years 7 months ago #17284

• DelRay
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Love to have that ol'e StarCraft sign. Ya think he might sell it?
Pete

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot 13 years 6 months ago #19527

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Hoping for one more use this season... Saturday... Any one know if the launch is still open in Bethlehem, NY?

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot 13 years 6 months ago #19536

Jesse,
How's the Empire Emblem coming along? Also I missed your question about the flag staff on the bow light. Everything on the boat is original to how my dad got from his dad.

Bob

Re:Wage Maker Empire 1960 17 foot 13 years 6 months ago #19538

• stashm2
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
I think I can make some! I just need some spare time lol, I need to make a better burner to heat the aluminum. I will keep you posted!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.275 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

test ad
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)

test ad
06-02-2024

Aquabird steering wheel
( / Parts / Miscellaneous)