Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Saved the best pics for last..Pennycandy...

Saved the best pics for last..Pennycandy... 13 years 7 months ago #15410

• vuyosevich
  • vuyosevich's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 2
Tuckerton Seaport..... i can't tell you how good this boat looked in the water. first time since 1972. last pic is of her husband, dad,and 2 daughters leaving the dock.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Saved the best pics for last..Pennycandy... 13 years 7 months ago #15425

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Beautiful boat. Well done.

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:Saved the best pics for last..Pennycandy... 13 years 7 months ago #15479

Great job! It makes me want to go out and start working on mine.

Re:Saved the best pics for last..Pennycandy... 13 years 7 months ago #15480

• kajun
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
very sharp!

Re:Saved the best pics for last..Pennycandy... 13 years 7 months ago #15830

oooh... a post just for Penny. Thanks Ron!

I got video of the trip on the Navasink today. I've been trying to load, but I have a hard time navigating this forum. Too many post.

My daughter drove after we got out of the tight spots. This was her first time piloting a boat or car. She did great! Me I sat in back with Don and the other daughter who inherited my seasickness.

Re:Saved the best pics for last..Pennycandy... 13 years 7 months ago #15833

Oh I also meant to say there's a good good view of the motor near the end. It worked great for being over 50 years old.

Re:Saved the best pics for last..Pennycandy... 13 years 7 months ago #15862

Beautiful. Was the Golden Jubilee Lark w.o.t? Sounded like she had a little more left. I have a twin that's going on my 59 Dorsett Monterey. Inspires me to run it on the boat and not in the tank! Thanks for the video. The smile on you daughters' face tells the whole story of why we do this silly stuff! Well done, Mike

Re:Saved the best pics for last..Pennycandy... 13 years 7 months ago #15873

Thanks! The shaft is too short for higher speeds. I'm not a speed demon, so I may or may not spend the extra money on an extension.

And yes, my daughter was thrilled!

Re:Saved the best pics for last..Pennycandy... 13 years 7 months ago #15910

Sure looks like the correct shaft length from the pictures. If the cav plate is level with the bottom of the keel at the center then you have the right shaft length. Run a straight edge from the keel out to the cav plate and you will know for sure. In any case, great motor and boat. Mike

Re:Saved the best pics for last..Pennycandy... 13 years 7 months ago #16183

Looks great. Is that bright red susceptible to fading?

Re:Saved the best pics for last..Pennycandy... 13 years 7 months ago #16371

Nah, she's safely under a garage when not in water, and my dad swears waxing will keep it from fading. I guess I should've waxed my red van. It's totally faded.

I'll have to remember that though when we take Penny to Utah. Makes me more interested in getting a snap cover made. Now that hubby can play with the boat, money is no object :woohoo:

Re:Saved the best pics for last..Pennycandy... 13 years 7 months ago #16372

thats a beauty penny,i think i just bought the brother to yours its a 59(im pretty sure)cutter jet de ville,it has a hatch,that why im thinking 59,i would love for you to put up pics of your resto,
also i was told there is no wood in them ,that they are all fiberglass,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Saved the best pics for last..Pennycandy... 13 years 7 months ago #16377

I'll see about that. I used to have a website with the whole restoration on it but someone bought my domain name and I dropped it.

Ooo, what color? I've seen it in baby blue. You know there are original brochures on this site.

Yup, Jet De ville is her little sister. I love the really deep halls of these boats. It makes me feel secure. Oh and I meant to tell that other poster that since the hull is so deep the shafts of the motor just clears it.

There are some wood supports under the bow, along the sides where you'd step and need to secure steering cables, and yes in the transom.

I do have an awesome tip to keep wasps from making nests when you uncover in the spring. Paint all non-visible top-sides turquoise. They don't like it. The Victorians did this on porches it really works. I used to be scared to stick my hands and head in the front compartment because at least a dozen wasps would make nest each spring. Now... never.

Re:Saved the best pics for last..Pennycandy... 13 years 7 months ago #16396

its faded red now,but will be painted a silver and blue,to match the seats have coming.im going to name it "once upon a time",our sunray is called "way back when...",i did that to honor ron and his "remember then".
im glad the hull is deeper,the glasspar lido i have now is shallow at the transom,and my wife is afraid of water.
cool thanks for the tip on the paint color underneath.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'