• Page:

TOPIC: back with the $3.50 glasspar,552 mile trip

back with the $3.50 glasspar,552 mile trip 13 years 7 months ago #15133

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
we left a 7am this morning and just got back at 10:30pm,im going to bed as soon as i post this,lol.
guy blessington,is real nice guy(no pun intended),the boat is pretty cool,it has all its hardware but needs a transom replacement.
ive got my work cut out for me,but its going to be worth it to me.here are 5 pics,it will take me some time to download ,im on dialup.does anyone know what year the boat and motor are?i need to know for registration.the motor is a 40 hp and the trailer is a gator(dont know the year on it either)boat is a glasspar lido,thanks johnp.s. my computer is giving mr problems i load the other 4 pics in the morning,im too tired to fight with it,john from left to right ,are guy blessington,ed gordon(mos fiance)and steve costello(my father in law)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:back with the $3.50 glasspar,552 mile trip 13 years 7 months ago #15142

• jepstr67
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
Well, heck, John, I've picked up boats that good and just headed straight for the lake. LOL I find that enjoying the boat on the water, even in a lack luster condition, helps me focus on the (eventual) restoration. Sometimes that backfires though. I just clean it up and use it for years.

Great find! Have fun. I'm excited to see more photos.

Re:back with the $3.50 glasspar,552 mile trip 13 years 7 months ago #15143

Looks like a nicely styled boat, the motor, I'm 99% sure, is a 1969 certainly no older than that.

Re:back with the $3.50 glasspar,552 mile trip 13 years 7 months ago #15148

Great looking boat John. Can't wait to see the restoration pics as it comes along.

Bob

Re:back with the $3.50 glasspar,552 mile trip 13 years 7 months ago #15150

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
jeep,lol,not with this one we had to stop and take off the motor,before it broke off,lol,but its still going to be fun to do,i hope ,the transom has a radius.ill have to laminate it or pour it.
al thank you,it also has another cowleing,for it,thanks for the info.
thanks wings im hoping to get to it soon,now im going to go out and take pics.john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'