• Page:

TOPIC: getting ready for the 500 plus mile trip,for boat

getting ready for the 500 plus mile trip,for boat 13 years 7 months ago #14916

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
im getting the old lowboy ,beavertail trailer ready for the 500 plus mile trip to get my new to me,$3.50 1962 glasspar lido,i just made a rack to put the boat trailer tongue on,so it doesnt ride on the toolbox.
myself ,my father in law steve ,and my moms fiance ed are going to the eastern part of pa,to get it,i cant wait,its going to need alot of work,transom and floor at the least ,but im getting the boat,a cox trailer and a 40 hp evinrude ,with all the hardware ,exept for the 2 glasspar logos,on the sides,keep an eye out for them for me please.
we leave saturday morning,john
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:getting ready for the 500 plus mile trip,for boat 13 years 7 months ago #14937

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
here it is for those that havent seen it yet,im a little excited,lol.
Attachments:

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:getting ready for the 500 plus mile trip,for boat 13 years 7 months ago #14941

• Neil
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Drive careful, be safe, and have fun John.
Neil

Neil and Mary Ousnamer

Re:getting ready for the 500 plus mile trip,for boat 13 years 7 months ago #14951

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks neil,i appreciate that.john

---Mark Twain

Re:getting ready for the 500 plus mile trip,for boat 13 years 7 months ago #14969

WHAT???? $3.50 and NO Glasspar logos?? Is it too late to back out?? I think you've been taken to the cleaners!! :D

Of course just kidding!!! Congrats on the great find!! Keep us posted and LOTS o' pictures!!!

Re:getting ready for the 500 plus mile trip,for boat 13 years 7 months ago #15009

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Good luck on the trip, John....

I've got an extra set of Glasspar logos, but one is broken. I might be able to make a set up, though- But they'd probably have to be cast out of resin... And it might take me a while to get to them, I've been so busy these days!

If you are missing the builders plate (should be on the port side, cockpit area somewhere) I DO have a spare one of those...

-Andrew

Re:getting ready for the 500 plus mile trip,for boat 13 years 7 months ago #15011

WELL, then I don't feel so bad having driven 1800 miles round trip to pick up a $1250 Carlson Contender. Of course the Contender doesn't seem to be in as good shape as your Glasspar....but I did get a 100 Merc I6 with a BP mid, I hope I like to HEAR it as much as I like to LOOK at it....

Do any of your friends and family look at you like "poor old codger is off his rocker again..." like mine do?

Bernie

Re:getting ready for the 500 plus mile trip,for boat 13 years 7 months ago #15015

Hi John
met you last night on facebook now i am here. Have a nice trip you are coming to my neck of the woods I live near Valley Forge Pa.Have a great trip and thanks for offering identification help , pictures forthcoming
Joe

Re:getting ready for the 500 plus mile trip,for boat 13 years 7 months ago #15016

• jepstr67
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
The "adventure of acquisition" is a big part of the fun. The very mention of your impending adventure brings back wonderful memories. Drive safely, and have fun.

Re:getting ready for the 500 plus mile trip,for boat 13 years 7 months ago #15020

john-gibson wrote:

im getting the old lowboy ,beavertail trailer ready for the 500 plus mile trip to get my new to me,$3.50 1962 glasspar lido,i just made a rack to put the boat trailer tongue on,so it doesnt ride on the toolbox.
myself ,my father in law steve ,and my moms fiance ed are going to the eastern part of pa,to get it,i cant wait,its going to need alot of work,transom and floor at the least ,but im getting the boat,a cox trailer and a 40 hp evinrude ,with all the hardware ,exept for the 2 glasspar logos,on the sides,keep an eye out for them for me please.
we leave saturday morning,john

I love how you use a HD equipment trailer for these old glassics John. You keep this up, we're gonna have to have a "fix up the beavertail" party sometime!

Have a safe and uneventful trip tomorrow. Give my best to Ed!

Frank

Re:getting ready for the 500 plus mile trip,for boat 13 years 7 months ago #15024

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks guys,i worked getting the lowboy ready today,i bought a set of bearings in case we need a set.i put more air in the tires,plus alot of tools,lol,tires and rims for the boat trailer,chains ,an 12 volt winch,thats why that trailer ball is welded to the front of the lowboy deck.i even put pillows in the back seat,we are taking turns driving,lol,might need a nap.
yep silver i have the camera in the truck already,lol.
thanks andrew,ill let ya know,it will be awhile until im ready for them anyway.
old skier,yep the whole family thinks im nuts,lol and they are right.
hi joe welcome ,i told ya this is the place for classics,just ask these guys about your boat,they can tell you anything you need to know.
jeepster,yeah im kind of excited about the trip,ill take pics when we get there of the whole boat,but im not expecting alot,but its all there.
frank you arent kidding this old trailer needs a total restoration,we bought it for the mini backhoe,but use it for alot.thanks and i will tell him,john

---Mark Twain

Re:getting ready for the 500 plus mile trip,for boat 13 years 7 months ago #15040

• MarkS
  • Thank you received: 5
Have a safe trip John, and y'all please be careful.

Mark

Re:getting ready for the 500 plus mile trip,for boat 13 years 7 months ago #15045

Hey John... I just got back home after making a 3200 mile round trip. Me, the wife, and the boat finally arrived safely home about 7:00 tonight. 500 miles sounds like a cake walk! Be careful and take some pics!
Attachments:

Some people are like slinkies... Not much good for anything, but they sure are fun to push down the stairs.

Re:getting ready for the 500 plus mile trip,for boat 13 years 7 months ago #15055

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
we will try mark,thanks ,john
fins it looks like the trip was worth it,lol,and the camera id in the truck alteady with extra batteries,im ready ,except for sleep,lol,its around 2:15 am,my darn joints in my uperbody freeze up that it hurts bad to move,but it subsides some if i get up and move around.this happens every night.

---Mark Twain

Re:getting ready for the 500 plus mile trip,for boat 13 years 7 months ago #15134

• Matt
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
is there winch hiding in the tool box?
strap that suspension donw so she doesn't bounce around on you...
since you a build guy wondered if you screw wheel chocks down too? added security so it can't roll forward or back...can't wait to see some pics....and the story on a $3.50 boat?.....please details on scoring one that low?......

Matt in Illinois

I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time !
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)