Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Remind me not to do that again...

Remind me not to do that again... 13 years 7 months ago #14631

• clbolt
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
It's supposed to rain tomorrow, so I was outside tonight putting the cover on my "new" Cobalt. Of course, this would have been an easier task in the daylight, but I was out dismantling some playground equipment this afternoon, and it was dark by the time I returned my father-in-law's pickup. A real tow vehicle of my own is on my shopping list for the winter.

Anyway, I was out in the yard in the dark, trying to find the bow on the cover and then trying to get the cover worked over the boat. This involves a ladder and lots of going from one side of the boat to the other. The cover kept hanging up on the windshield wiper, or so I thought, but when I'd reach up to free it, I couldn't find the issue. Finally the obstruction snapped, and I thought I'd broken the wiper. It wasn't till I climbed aboard the boat that I realized the truth: I snapped off the anchor light. It didn't feel like either piece of the bracket was broken off, which confused me. I went ahead and finished covering the boat and came inside before it hit me. The light pivoted on a thumb screw, and that's what I broke.

At least that's my theory till I can see it in the morning. Hopefully I can get a replacement for the screw.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

"...And to see you're really only very small
and life flows on within you and without you..." George Harrison

Re:Remind me not to do that again... 13 years 7 months ago #14662

• jepstr67
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 1
I don't even want to speculate on the dollar amount I've cost myself from being irritated and using more force to "cure" the problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)