• Page:

TOPIC: look what i got for $3.50

look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14577

• john-gibson
  • john-gibson's Avatar Topic Author
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
  • Thank you received: 0
i just won what i think is a glasspar lido on ebay,what year is it?
i just got off the phone with the gentleman that owns it,boy what a nice guy he is,in fact thats his name"guy".
its on the other part of the stae almost,lol,but its not too far from harveys lake.
heres a pic of it,does anyone else have pics of this model and year?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14579

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Good for you John, I'm just RAOTFLMAO. Go get er!

Frank

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14582

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks frank,it will need amost everything,including floor and transom,but thats ok,remember i wanted a challenge,ill take pics of my progress as i make any.
does anyone know anything about it?i could sure use some info and pics,thanks john.ps im also posting in the glasspar association.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14584

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
by the way all the hardware is there,even the trailer and a 40 hp evinrude,i cant wait to gt it here.thank you guy b.

---Mark Twain

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14589

Very nice score!

Anxious to watch your progress.

Eric Q.

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14591

cool boat , I cant wait to see more pics

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14592

john-gibson wrote:

thanks frank,it will need amost everything,including floor and transom,but thats ok,remember i wanted a challenge,ill take pics of my progress as i make any.

John, I'm sure you will do a fabulous job. I wish I could come over to help. I just got a kick out of the price. One heck of a deal, essentially free for the picking up. It will produce many a chuckle in the future when she's done, people are looking at it, and you tell them how much it cost. Best of luck.

Frank

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14596

nice score john. now does that make 3 needing resto? you better hide them you know where. hehe

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14605

• Split
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
JOHN: CONGRATS, All with a trailer & motor , we are all jealous. Sure pays to work the keyboard. Gets thumbs up on that color combo. . If it is a 16 ft model I would guess 61 Avalon . The LIDO was 14 foot . ? Nose piece is unique.
. YES , Glasspar had small brass serial # letter code in that era , if tag is still inside , near passenger area . More pictures will be great . Owner must have wanted it gone real bad.
ENJOY

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14606

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks eric,and mad,ill post all along the way with pics,just like the sunray,but this time ill try to show more of how im doing it then just the outcome.
yeah frank im excited to get it,i think ill give him more then 3.50 though,i might give him what my real bid was.but it is cool,and hes seems like a great fellow,i would use his name but i didnt ask if i could.
ron im not sure ,i havent heard anything yet about the others,but im still willing to do one for a kid in need.or even do one with help ,and we could raffle it off and give the family the money,for medical expenses,after i do this one its going to break me,you guys and gals came through with projectx,for my brother in laws family,i would love to pay it ahead,with my free labor.
it just has to fit in my little 14x24 garage ,lol.john ,p.s.we could call it project y? because we care.

---Mark Twain

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14607

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
split i knew him from facebook,"i love boating"and saw about a month ago that he tore his ACL,hes out of commision for at least another 7 months and has other boats,but this one is taking up his wifes side of the garage,she wants it out,as soon as he posted it on ebay without a reserve he emailed me,to let me know,because he saw the custom craft "way back when".and said he was glad i got it.
after i won it he called and we talked classic boats for about 20 minutes.
at the last minute of the ebay auction some one bid about 5 times at 25 cents a bid,lol.it was alot of fun,now comes about a 480 mile or so drive to get it,heck its not too far from harveys lake,i was just there for a boat show in june.
its in baltimore and im a country boy pulling a lowboy with about a 22 foot truck,lol,it should be interesting.im going to do it in one day,i hope.

---Mark Twain

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14615

John,

Excellent - you can now use this boat as iron clad proof that boats CAN be sold at a profit! Shouldn't be too tough to make a few bucks on this one......... Then that'll open the door for MORE!!!

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14627

• Rod-B
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Correct that Avalon was just under 16ft and Lido was just under 14ft.
Avalon had a glass windshield and Lido had a plexiglas windshield. The Avalon and Lido models were the only ones that had that much of a curve from the top deck to the rubrail. Not much change in design from '61-'62 (No idea if that design continued on into '63 or if they were more like the '64 models) so you'll need the serial number to pin down the year.

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14633

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
here are more pics of it,

could it be a citation?thanks for the photo pat.

---Mark Twain

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14634

• Rod-B
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Nope...not a Citation or an Avalon. Citation has molded in chocks on the front deck and glass windshield and fold up rear facing seats...almost a dual cockpit design. Avalon had glass windshield that wrapped around more than what you have there and the dash has a section in the center of the dash (facing in, not up). That Lido emblem belongs there.

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14672

• jim bart
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Nice score, John! When you say 'not far from Harveys lake", where is the boat? Maybe I can run over and give you a hand with it when you come to pick it up. I am on the other side of the state lol. [remember, I'm 15 minutes from harveys lake] in fact, maybe its in my neighborhood?

Keep me posted when you are coming this way... jim

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14680

Boy, looks like you'd need gorilla arms to push that throttle wide open John. I'd move it back and up a bit, but that's just me. Best of luck with it!

Frank

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14686

guess i got gorilla arms. hehe
Attachments:

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14689

Not me!
Attachments:

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14694

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks rod.
jim ,it in a gated comunity in lords valley ,pa,we are leaving indiana,pa(home )at about 7am,its a 273 mile drive,one way,ed (my moms fiance)and steve(my father in law) are coming with me,we will take turns driving.i have a 12 volt winch to pull it up on the lowboy,but boy i really appreciated the offer.it will probably take 12 to 13 hours,heck maybe more lol.yeah frank i intend to upholster all that i can ,and am going to move it then.john

---Mark Twain

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14695

lords valley is about 10 miles west of me.

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14699

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
really ron?maybe we will have to have lunch with you,it would be nice,john,ps,its a gated comunity called hemlock farms,do you know where it is?

---Mark Twain

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14700

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
ron you should meet us there,hes a real nice guy,named "guy" and he boats on lake wally.

---Mark Twain

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14727

Geeez John...your sure gettin' stocked up for the winter ;) You know sumpin' I don't know? Famine to feast...you deserve...I'll be watchin' fer updates!

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14730

john, i got dialysis tomorrow or i would meet you at the gate. my cousin Jan (Vuyosevich) Stawski lives in Hemlock Farms.

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14742

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
ron we will be there on saturday,how about meeting us then,we can have lunch together,you know the area you can show us where to eat,lol.ill buy ya lunch.and bring sue too,lorraine her mom and my mom are not coming they are going to go do something together around here.
we are planing on leaving at about 7am,so we might get there around noon,john

---Mark Twain

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14745

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
cat fin,im only getting this one boat for now.but im still wanting to get a boat ready for restoration for a kid in need,after its restored we could auction it off on ebay ,and give the money to his family for medical bills.
ill give my labor for free,lets all see what we can come up with everybody,you all pick a deserving kid.
i will try to paint it the same as this boat im getting.
i already have a name for mine "once upon a time",we could name the other one "once apon a time II",or whatever all of the people involved want to name it,we could even name it after the child.
anyway all that matters is raising money for a deserving child.

---Mark Twain

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14803

john, count me in for a contribution. theres nothing more deserving than bringing a smile to a sick childs face. ron

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14804

john-gibson wrote:

ron we will be there on saturday,how about meeting us then,we can have lunch together,you know the area you can show us where to eat,lol.ill buy ya lunch.and bring sue too,lorraine her mom and my mom are not coming they are going to go do something together around here.
we are planing on leaving at about 7am,so we might get there around noon,john

john, the Tuckerton Seaport show is this weekend. we're leaving here friday morning. having dialysis thursday night. i really had to talk my way into that as my schedule is monday,wednesday,friday. have a safe trip and say hi to ed and lorraine's dad. ron

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14828

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
ok ron ,good luck buddy,but you wont need it,as for doing a boat for a family with a sick child,ill do it right after this boat,and make them match,but we need people to handle the whole thing,all i can give is free labor,im not good at paper work.maybe we should form a commitee to find a desreving family and handle the expenses,and all that other stuff,if someone gets this going,we might be able to do it next summer,i wonder if sandi would like to help,anyone want to nominate anybody?i would nominate ron,but his health is not good,so everyone chime in here,john

---Mark Twain

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14829

• Andgott
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
Great deal, John- Welcome to the Glasspar 'Club'. Lido is a SWEET little boat, baby sister to my Citation. Similar hull, just smaller.

Looks like it'll be a fun project!

-Andrew

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14834

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
thanks andrew,do you have any pics of yours,and do you know what year this lido is,and what length it is?
by the way check out the stern light post by water wings,i think its like yours,john

---Mark Twain

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14842

John when you get an inventory of parts ya need for the childs boat let me know. I got a bunch of extra hardware...lights...gauges...parts...chromie-go-fasters.

Re:look what i got for $3.50 13 years 7 months ago #14870

• john-gibson
  • Contributing Member
  • Contributing Member
you got it catfin,thanks buddy,im planing on doing a full size boat,if we get a good one donated,then restore it and put it on ebay ,then give the money to the family of a child ,who has high medical bills,would love to name it after the child,i think that would be neat.
ill let you know after it/if comes together.

---Mark Twain
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.394 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'