Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ready for another interior coat

Ready for another interior coat 13 years 7 months ago #14480

Got all my new stuff sanded this a.m., washed, ready for new coats inside. Letting the VC Performance induct for 1/2 hour, figured I'd throw some pics up. Only got 8 ozs. to start with, what I had left over from my 2 gallon kit. We'll see how far this goes, then start on my new 2 qt. kit. I hope to get two coats in today, a perfect breezy 80 degree day.

Frank

Before sanding

Sanded

Cleaned and ready for epoxy coating

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1st coat 13 years 7 months ago #14483

Drying quick too!

Attachments:

Re:Ready for another interior coat 13 years 7 months ago #14484

looking good frank!!!!

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Ready for another interior coat 13 years 7 months ago #14489

Thanks John, doin great. Just had a little shower (20% chance...) about an hour after the 2nd coat, but I think it'll be fine. Sun is shining again.

In between coats I was, sorting, measuring and scraping old windows I got for my greenhouse project. I am more than ready to get going with it, soon as I get some gravel and foundation pieces (landscape timbers). Got a bunch of scrap lumber to play with, but gonna need to spend a few shekels too.

Find a boat yet? Find me a trailer?

Frank

Attachments:

Re:Ready for another interior coat 13 years 7 months ago #14492

frank its looking fantastic.
as for the boat i posted a thread on a thunderbird/formula,i hope alot of people read it just to see what a good guy "wmlagna"bill lagna is.
as for the camper i know where one has been sitting for along time,next time im down that way ill check on it,john

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Ready for another interior coat 13 years 7 months ago #14493

Hey that sounds great John, and yeah, Bill is one heck of a dude! Good luck with those boats. Wish I lived closer and could play boats with ya! When one of us is down, the other could keep going. Just think how we'd do if we were both at it! I love days like this, where I get a whole lot done. Works for me, just glad to have another day on this earth. Each and every one of them is a blessing.

Frank

Re:Ready for another interior coat 13 years 7 months ago #14499

That's looking awesome Frank! Wish I could say I got a lot done on mine. Daughter is in town with boyfriend from Italy so needless to say I'm not getting much done. Have to move her back to school tomorrow and going to the Navy Maryland game Monday so..... needless to say this weekend is a wash!

Enough of that. Can't wait to see yours finished.

Bob

Re:Ready for another interior coat 13 years 7 months ago #14504

yeah frank,we would make a pretty good team.
and your right ,ever since my 1st heart attack,even the small things mean alot to me,heck we are both up at 2 am in the morning,lol.
im not wasting anymore time like i did when i was young,john

---Mark Twain

Re:Ready for another interior coat 13 years 7 months ago #14505

Waterwings wrote:

That's looking awesome Frank! Wish I could say I got a lot done on mine. Daughter is in town with boyfriend from Italy so needless to say I'm not getting much done. Have to move her back to school tomorrow and going to the Navy Maryland game Monday so..... needless to say this weekend is a wash!

Enough of that. Can't wait to see yours finished.

Bob

Today will be the day Bob, so keep tuned. My mother-in-law is here, but that's not an impediment. :) I would think your daughter and her boyfriend from Italy would trump working on the boat, but get her back to school and just keep working on the boat when you can. Trust me, I know about delays, took me a full 4 years to get to this point. Best of luck to you!

Frank

deleted message 13 years 7 months ago #14506

deleted message - got a double post?!?

Re:Ready for another interior coat 13 years 7 months ago #14507

didnt i tell you not to swear frank,lol.

---Mark Twain

Re:Ready for another interior coat 13 years 7 months ago #14508

Wasn't me John, I had replied to your message, and the site bombed out on me. As I tried to back up, it finally came back, but not with the post to you I had written, but with the same post I had just addressed to Bob.

I've been scraping and getting ready to repair some old double hung windows for my greenhouse project, but decided to take a break and get the chainsaw out. :) Gotta wait for the sun to hit the boat and dry out the overnight moisture before I can do the last coat. Bah!

Frank

3rd coat done! 13 years 7 months ago #14516

Man o man, am I glad that's done. No more pics, doesn't look a lot different with the 3rd coat, just needed mostly to hit new glassed area and plywood. Had maybe a 1/2 pint + left over, froze it for next time. :)

Frank

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)