Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Great day yesterday

Great day yesterday 13 years 8 months ago #13723

Was supposed to head to Massena NY for my 40th high school reunion, but canceled because my back is acting up, and 5 hour car trips don't help it. So started the day at the Mabee Farm in Rotterdam for an AOMCI chapter meet. I brought the old merc over on it's current engine stand - the transom of my Power Cat. Got lots of compliments and questions, had a great time. Dave Cummings and his fearsome pup were there too.

Got out on the Hudson about 2:30 or so, testing another prop, a 3 blade ss cupped 20P Dave had lent me. I liked the way it worked, but could only get up to about 4400 WOT. I didn't worry too much about it, just cruised about 3 grand, 25-30mph. Went down to Castleton, then up to Albany, then back down to the Town of Bethlehem launch (which is our favorite Hudson River boat launch). Spent a couple hours on the river, didn't even burn up a tank of gas.

Working between rain drops today. That's okay, lots more to do. Got to run over to Stephentown, get some papers signed so we can get our "new" ATV registered, then it's back to finish a bit of work on my utility trailer, and maybe clean up the mess that is called my shop. If it stops raining, I want to get closer to finishing the front compartment I'm building.

Have a great day all!

Frank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re:Great day yesterday 13 years 8 months ago #13726

frank,im glad you had a good day on your boat,its more then i can do now,lol,and of course you got compliments on your cat,you did a great job on it,and its a cool boat,john

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Great day yesterday 13 years 8 months ago #13743

Thanks John, too darn bad it's raining today, need to do some work on the boat! Take care buddy!

Frank

Re:Great day yesterday 13 years 8 months ago #13750

You deserve the cudo's with all the work you have done on the boat and motors. Sounds like you have lots of work lined up and not much rest for the back!! Remember my moto Frank: "Start slow and taper off." Of course, with a 71 yr old body and 18 yr old brain I never follow my own advice. We are funny, huh? Mike

Re:Great day yesterday 13 years 8 months ago #13756

Is that the deal Mike? I'm 57 with a 17 year old brain. In 14 years I'll grow up to an 18 year old?

Stopped raining, gotta run!

Frank

Re:Great day yesterday 13 years 8 months ago #13757

Good to see you got out one the water. One of these day you might be happy with everyting on the boat. But don't think so.
Mike you got one year on me but we both have the same body, That dam 18 brain will get you everyting. When my brain says I'm 18 and and an 18 year old thing my body says I'm going to hurt you for that and it does.
Mike aka pathfinderz

Re:Great day yesterday 13 years 8 months ago #13762

Mike, the old boat is comin right along. We enjoy it. Put the 17P back on, she'll spin up to 6 grand, but cruise all day at 25-30, which is fine with me.

Got my utility trailer done. Put 2 coats of barn red on the deck yesterday after drilling four 3" holes for sunken d-rings. Put one in each corner of the deck. Got the d-rings fastened today with all stainless hardware, done!

Frank

Attachments:

Re:Great day yesterday 13 years 8 months ago #13769

looking good frank,er..well.at least the boat and trailer is,lol.sorry i couldnt resist.
but seriously it does look great.

\"too soon old,too late smart\" my pap

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“

---Mark Twain

Re:Great day yesterday 13 years 8 months ago #13770

roflmao.... yeah i just got home....

Re:Great day yesterday 13 years 8 months ago #13805

john-gibson wrote:

looking good frank,er..well.at least the boat and trailer is,lol.sorry i couldnt resist. but seriously it does look great.

I know I'm not photogenic John, no need to rub it in! I do have a better pic I'll post tonight of my better 1/2.

Glad that old trailer is done. It's a '72 Sylvan, company is no longer around. I completely rebuilt it a few years ago, but needed to let the pressure treated plywood deck age some before painting. Then I got these d-rings to install, and that motivated me to just get it done. All that's left is installing a sway control kit and maybe build a winch stand for a power winch. It's always something!

Frank

Re:Great day yesterday 13 years 8 months ago #13806

frank, i think that is a great pic and should be used for your profile. ron

Re:Great day yesterday 13 years 8 months ago #13809

I don't know Ron, I have a life jacket on, makes me look fat... :laugh:

Frank

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)

noimage
04-24-2024

1969 Stern Craft Boat 19'
( / Boats)