Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: backseat Wacanda Starfire 13ft 4 inch pic?

backseat Wacanda Starfire 13ft 4 inch pic? 10 months 1 week ago #148052

What does the back seat of early 1960's Wacanda Starfire 13ft 4 inch boat look like or does anyone have a picture? The frame for the front seats is in place (bottom is bench style, seat backs separate). Port side steering with 15 inch Attwood steering wheel. Any help appreciated. Shelton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

backseat Wacanda Starfire 13ft 4 inch pic? 10 months 1 week ago #148068

I dont know if youll find pictures but you can try searching wacanda in google books i found this in an old post on the forum and it will get you a small ammount of info on the boat itself i have a 16 foot husky and am trying to figure out the same thing id like a rear seat for it but might end up making something custom for it honestly.

backseat Wacanda Starfire 13ft 4 inch pic? 10 months 6 days ago #148071

I looked through my personal file of Waconda boats, and surprisingly do not have any pictures showing the back seats.
doc

Attachments:

backseat Wacanda Starfire 13ft 4 inch pic? 10 months 6 days ago #148074

Love the pics you posted Dr. Frankenmerc. I'll continue to search for backseat pics. Does your Wacanda file have anything about windshields? The library indicates Ford motors supplied them but doesn't say anything about the Ford model/year supplied. Thanks, Shelton

backseat Wacanda Starfire 13ft 4 inch pic? 10 months 6 days ago #148077

I found this related post under Member Projects with a picture of your model Waconda.
I don't believe your model used the Ford windshield, as this one I have in my file looks to be original.
See picture below

BUT,....I will reach out to the owner of the two-tone blue Waconda, and see if he recalls the model/year Ford windshield used in his.
AND,...See if he has pictures of the back seats in his Waconda - clearly a different model than yours.
doc

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: charestv

backseat Wacanda Starfire 13ft 4 inch pic? 10 months 6 days ago #148080

Interesting I didn't even think of the windshield on mine. I honestly didn't even know ford designed the windshield. seeing as mine doesn't have it I bet it isn't even worth looking for one as they must be so hard to come by. I cant even find any information on a Wacanda boat other then what is documented on this community.

backseat Wacanda Starfire 13ft 4 inch pic? 10 months 5 days ago #148092

Charesty the library on this site has some info about Wacanda. My boat is missing the windshield but 3 metal brackets are in place. I'm trying to learn all I can about this boat and I don't know the year for certain. I believe it's early 60"s. I'm searching advertisments for pics too. Does anyone know if there's a resource in the town where these were produced or any info from Canada since many were sold in Canada. Maybe a person, library, business records, personal photos etc. Thanks again for your help/responses. Shelton

backseat Wacanda Starfire 13ft 4 inch pic? 10 months 5 days ago #148097

I called the owner of the two-tone blue Waconda.
He sold the boat (5) years ago, and is currently struggling medically.
He doesn't recall who he sold it to, or where pictures of his restoration may be located.
I doubt he will be able to search for them.
He recalled that the windshield, which is unique to the fiberglass hardtop edition of the Waconda, was the back window glass from a '40s early '50s Ford. I think a '49-'51 "Shoe-box" most likely, based on what I recall.
It would not have been used or fit your Waconda runabout.
I see that you are spelling Waconda as Wacanda,...Maybe search Waconda???
doc

backseat Wacanda Starfire 13ft 4 inch pic? 10 months 5 days ago #148099

Oh no thats to bad. Im not that worried about it more curious then anything. Hopefully he gets better.

That might be a problem i guess the dyslexia got the best of me on that one haha

backseat Wacanda Starfire 13ft 4 inch pic? 10 months 4 days ago #148103

Doc I'm hoping for recovery for former owner of blue Waconda/Wacanda boat and appreciate feedback. I've been a nurse/nurse practitioner for almost 50 years and hope he has best care possible and that he knows that the fiberclassic interest lives on. I'll check out the windshield info and both Wacanda and Waconda. I really appreciate your responses. Shelton

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)