Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Chrysler 135 Model 1359HE

Chrysler 135 Model 1359HE 10 months 3 weeks ago #148006

I have a 1976 1359HE that.looks and runs like new.
It was previously powering a classy old lapstrake 18' Cruisers Inc. wooden boat that I sold.
I intended to use it on a larger boat but at 256lbs now am intending to mount it on either a Chrysler 15' Sport Satellite or Chrysler 15' Charger. They have strikingly different and unique hull designs.
I am as yet unfamiliar with the characteristics of each and am looking for some input from those familiar with either boat I'll be using the stock 13 x 19 prop and want to be able to safely launch and pull a skier without excessive rise of bow. I'm hoping trim can correct this to avoid trolling a skier any longer than necessary. I'm getting too old for that.
Any suggestions appreciated, this is my first forum entry and may help me know if I should sell and look for a replacement motor, or whether I'm on the right performance curve as a 15' Chrysler boat was not recommended for over 90-109 HP?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Chrysler 135 Model 1359HE 10 months 3 weeks ago #148009

I personally would not over power a boat, especially by that much power.

Look here Chrysler boat info: www.hurrikain.com/thechryslercrew/

Chrysler 135 Model 1359HE 10 months 3 weeks ago #148011

Thanks for input and articles. Do you think 17 lbs extra weight of my 135 from the 105 make for a dangerous combination?
I am wanting to use the 15' platform for testing and not so much a permanent application I
I hope to replace the 135 with my 60 3cyl when I locate it, and look for a larger Chrysler vintage
boat to match with the 135 since it is in like new condition.
I may have to bring my girlfriend along and seat her up front to offset the extra 17 lbs of outboard than factory 105 HP sold Chargers. I'm not sure about Sport Satellites but I think 90 HP was max recommended HP outboard.
I could probably put twin outboards on it if I seat her up front in the walk through S. Satellite for balance, but might not ever get up on step!
Appreciate the input, I'll continue my research
I'm wondering what a saltwater outboard means vs freshwater. My motor will likely never see saltwater and certainly not on a 15' boat

Chrysler 135 Model 1359HE 10 months 1 week ago #148051

• Kerry
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
Just my observations and opinions, not cast in stone. Sport Satellite is a shallow tri hull that should plane quicker, but will be rougher riding in choppy water. The Charger is closer to a deep V, with big chines. Slower to plane, but a smoother ride. Choose based on the waters you will be boating on. The 17 pound difference between the 105 and 135 would be negligable, the 30 hp would not be. I have always powered boats near the max rating, believing its better to have it and not need it, than say woulda shoulda, coulda. If you do not plan to run at fulll throttle, no problem, you say the motor is temporary anyway. I am not an engineer, but I think all of the 4 cylinder Chrysler/Force motors use the same basic parts, with the hp changes made by using different pistons, porting, timing, etc. I welcome input from anyone with more knowledge to chime in, I am not too old to learn.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Donate

Please consider supporting our efforts.

FG Login

Glassified Ads

The Pink Lady
( / Boats)

The Pink Lady
05-02-2024

Gator 9" wheels Wanted
( / Wanted)